Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
S14Lee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
S14Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Isis product help

I am looking to upgrade to all new suspension stuff here when I get my money from my lawyer. I was looking at the Isis stuff and have seen some good and bad reviews on the stuff. I'm looking to upgrade tension rods, traction rods, RUCA, and whatever else they make for suspension upgrade but not there coilovers. From what I was told that Isis stuff is High maintenance like alot of there ball joint stuff is not self lubricating and you have to clean them like when your changing your oil. I know that you get what you pay for but I want to know from people on here that have or still running there stuff and never had a problem and what are you running made by Isis. Thanks
S14Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
You get what you pay for.

I have their intake manifold. Not a problem with it. But it isn't mechanical. Cheap+mechanical=OHSHIT
Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Copilot911
Leaky Injector

Copilot911 is an unknown quantity at this point
You get what you pay for, personally with important stuff like suspension arms I wouldn't trust anything besides pbm, stl, stance, ect.
Copilot911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
S14Lee
Zilvia Member

Well I was going to get them from enjukui racing and the guy I spoke to said from experience they are pretty good product but you have to clean them when you change your oil. And that there more of a mid grade product that's for people that are on a budget. He did offer me spl products but by the time I buy there stuff it's going to be alot off money. That's why I figured I'll ask to see if anyone on here has first hand running Isis stuff. And what there experience with and not just from the guy I spoke with at enjukui
Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
isis/enjuku has got my vote for affordable, tough, decent quality parts. i have their full suspension arms on my car for a little under a year now. i went through a winter where we got some snow during daily driving, and i haven't had any problems.

i would suggest cleaning/lubing them with a good lithium grease/something that wont dissolve once in a while. one of my RUCA's was getting a bit sqeaky, so i lubed all of the heims while i was under there and they are silent and work great since.

i take my car to the track also, and went up over some bumps/dips/potholes during the day and everything is holding up great, no surprise there.

this is my 2 cents. of COURSE you can buy BETTER more expensive arms for your car, but for what i use my car and my budget, isis has been great.
Zero-Offset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
S14Lee
Zilvia Member

Ok thanks so how often do you lube them up at every oil change
Old 12-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
spend the money once. SPL>PBM>megan>isis.

you get what you pay for
Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
spend the money once. SPL>PBM>megan>isis.

you get what you pay for
Would like to see test results on some of that. (Not saying that SPL/PBM aren't top notch)
But i'd have to question whether you have used each set of individual products.
ISIS has a warranty and is backed/sold by Enjuku.

I have had ISIS RUCAs, Traction, Toe, and Tension rods on my car for a year now and have had 0 issues. Never really cleaned them beyond a wipe down once or so while adjusting coils. No creaks/cracks. Welds are nice on the arms, end links have held up fine.
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Sauce98

Sauce98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most people will bash on Isis since it hasn't been around for long or have good rep like other brands that people have stated. They seem like good quality parts and you could get a good package deal for less than what I paid for my Stance ruca and toe rods.
Sauce98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ever hold an ISIS product next to a PSM/SPL product? Night and day difference.

Isis is great for the money, affordable, and gets the job done.

However, grade of steel, rod ends, bearings, ete, brings a whole new light to the topic.

If you're building a racecar, go with something like SPL, or Stance. If you're looking to get the job done and keep some cash in your pocket, go ISIS.

I love all the guys down at Enjuku<3
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
no love for BV?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
AceUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Like everyone said ISIS is good for the money. I rock them on my race car and have no problems. ive never lubed anything. The arms are substantially beefier then the ebay china crap u get for 60 dollars. My only wish is for curved toe rods
Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #13
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
ISIS is great for the money and it's not to hard to throw a little lube on things from time to time haha
Old 12-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #14
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I went through two sets of cheap (ebay not Isis) RUCAs (they tacoed when I dropped a wheel at a drift event) before I spent the money on SPL arms...by that point I could have bought their toe arms too.

I suggest forking the money over the first time. Enjuku is an excellent company and Ken stands behind any product he sells - but IF something happens you can lose control of your car and wreck, or if nothing bad happens you at least still have to wait for a new arm to show up in the mail.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:30 AM   #15
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Where are these "bad reviews" that you have read? I haven't seen a single one.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:24 AM   #16
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
well from my own personal experience.

isis
I bought the whole set from enjuku. For the price I said fuck it ill give it a shot. Well the arms do look decent but my car was too low to rock the ruca and toe. The spherical ends were cheap, but if your on a budget and your car isnt low go for it. Enjuku has great customer service. Sold them a week later and got PBM.

PBM
I bought these arms early this year and I loved them. Great for low cars, however 5 months in all my ends were shot. Binding issues, annoying squeeking, seized rod ends. I even managed to strip the threads off my tension rod (aluminum suspension parts=NO NO). I had the last ones before the newest version. They do not sell the old rod ends seperate for whatever reason. So im in the process of selling them for cheap.

I then waited for Enjuku's black friday sell and picked up all SPL for dirt cheap. Let me tell you just holding these parts in my hand I knew they were quality parts. The ends are high quality and with those hybrid adjusters and titanium nuts makes the arms that much better. I have yet to throw them on my car, but will do so this weekend.

Also what a lot of people don't know about SPL is that they have a loyalty program, which means when they come out with a newer version you simply give them your old arms and you get the new versions for 45% off. Also SPL arms are made in America not some random chinese warehouse or where ever competitors arms are made.

my 2 cents.

moral of my post- Buy it once cry once.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #17
jonsparrow
Leaky Injector

jonsparrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Where are these "bad reviews" that you have read? I haven't seen a single one.
actually my friends isis turbo elbow (o2 housing) just cracked in half at the welds. its only about a month or so old.

but i do have a bunch of isis parts sitting here waiting to be installed. including the same elbow. i hope mine wont have the same fate.
jonsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:13 AM   #18
imverus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
imverus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsparrow View Post
actually my friends isis turbo elbow (o2 housing) just cracked in half at the welds. its only about a month or so old.

but i do have a bunch of isis parts sitting here waiting to be installed. including the same elbow. i hope mine wont have the same fate.
you're a fool for using that china 5 bolt gasket. Knowing that, your friend probably did something stupid to crack that turbo elbow.
imverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 AM   #19
jonsparrow
Leaky Injector

jonsparrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by imverus View Post
you're a fool for using that china 5 bolt gasket. Knowing that, your friend probably did something stupid to crack that turbo elbow.

IM a fool? how am I a fool? that is not my car. i did not install that on that car. mine is still in the box ten feet away from me as i type.

edit: actually here...pic or it didnt happen right? brand new not installed.

jonsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #20
Promise Land
Zilvia Member

Promise Land is an unknown quantity at this point
I just installed the whole Isis suspension arms in the last couple weeks. I did the Energy Suspension bushings at the same time. I haven't driven the car yet, but I thought the arms were good for the money.
Promise Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #21
G35_S13_Coupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
G35_S13_Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
bump for the guys at enjuku. in my opinion the parts are good for the money. i think enjuku and the isis brand do a great job getting people started. isis is just the gateway part until you take the next step and spend the money on pbm, stance, ect.
G35_S13_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (29)
Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Racing
Quote:

Has your friend contacted us or the dealer he purchased it from? I am sure he will get taken care of. We have seen 5 or so have issues out of the few thousands we have sold. All of which were replaced right away. Most of the cracking is caused by an exhaust hitting the ground, excessive vibration from loose hardware, etc.

about 75% of the time we see a failure with any brand it is usually customer error, install error, or other factor with the car that causes a failure. Thing we like about ISIS is they will replace just about anything, as long as it isn't a blatant miss use or something break from a crash )

We have sold and used just about every brand product out there, from Tomei, HKS, etc down to a lot of ebay items that were on customer cars. We have seen failures with EVERY Single brand we have ever sold, it is all about how the manufacturer will help the consumer. Some companies are really good and easy to deal with, others are very hard to deal with.

Thanks
Ken
[email protected]

Enjuku Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #23
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
Quote:
Was he running a flex section in his downpipe? Also was the car bottoming out on the downpipe and causing excess force to be transferred to the o2 outlet?

At any rate, have him give us a call and we should be able to get something going for him.

That is a first though, I have not seen anything like that happen with ISIS o2 outlets. We have a few guys at the shop here that still have SR and KA-T cars running ISIS manifolds and o2 outlets on their personal cars and have not had an issue like that.

Also I would like to just reiterate what has been said, we brought ISIS on board to offer an entry level budget minded part, we still sell and fully support the larger more well known brands (SPL, APEX'i, Greddy, HKS, etc.) but this is simply another option for our customers to consider when on a tighter budget.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #24
EnjukuBG
Zilvia Member

EnjukuBG is an unknown quantity at this point
Jonsparrow, I'm waiting for a response from your friend with more photos.....he hasn't replied in 2 days. I'm trying to get his situation taken care of.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #25
slambarsoldier

slambarsoldier is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to slambarsoldier
I have ran ISIS arms for two season.
I drive with zero regard for the car or the parts on the car. I seem to have been wrecking alot as of late and have had ZERO problems with these arms. My old car was wrecked head on at 50-60 mph into a wall. The tension rod bracket ripped in half and left the arm perfectly intact. I still have that tension rod for a spare, and wouldn't think twice about putting it back on my car.
I stuffed the car at Irwindale last year and broke alot of stuff. Slammed my rear wheel and front wheel into the wall. The ISIS arms were all the way good. No cracks, bends anything.

no damage from that

no damage from that either

nothing broke or bent from all like 15 of the wrecks in that car either.

If that isnt proof of how tough these arms are, Idk what is.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #26
slambarsoldier

slambarsoldier is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to slambarsoldier
Ryan Tuerck also runs them on his missile car.

That car goes through HELL, and he hasnt had any problems with them.

Missile car restoration. | Facebook
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #27
G35_S13_Coupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
G35_S13_Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Bump for ken at enjuku! Excellent customer service. I recieve better service from them than I have working with PBM.. and to me customer service is a big deal. Give Ken a raise! lol
G35_S13_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #28
S14Lee
Zilvia Member

Thanks to everyone for your reponse I guess I just have to decide when I get my money and see what will work with my budget.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #29
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
I just had the full ISIS suspension arm kit installed and fitment was pretty much spot on, everything was well packaged and came promptly. Ken was extremely helpful when I had any questions regarding his products and I have been nothing but impressed. I would recommend getting this kit, it's tested and proven to be as beefy as you'll ever need.
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #30
Umbys
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Umbys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just bought the isis shortshifter brand new $60 shipped from another forum. quality is pretty nice. I had to modify it myself a little because i heard of the rattling problems but then thats with almost any shortshifter for the 240. Added sum grease, stiffer springs, a small gasket under the aluminum piece that touches the other metal parts. Installed it. Feels amazing, but rattles a little only when i get on it but then again i got stance coilovers and i feel/hear every bump i hit.... Overall im very pleased with the product itself.
Umbys is offline   Reply With Quote