Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-28-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Almost done!!! Back on the road

I started off with a front pass. side damage S14 shell, and stripped it first thing (can be found in my thread titled "Spring break fun").

First thing was to fix the front end body damage with a new hood, new fender, and new bumper:

I re-wired the entire relay/ main fuse harness already, and wired in all my aftermarket accessories (radiator shrowd and mech fan replaced with electronic fan not pictured):

Then I installed the D2 coilovers including the replacement shock I received, along with the mustang wheels i bought for $260 shipped off ebay. They're as cheap as it gets for 17x8 with a decent offset:

There was a LOT of extra work to finish the harness, suspension, brakes, and at the same time part out my old car. Somehow we managed to get everything put together in 1 day and 1 night (all night) to make it to the first autox of the season!

We only did the plain necesecities, so no turbo (yet), no swaybars as I uninstalled the front to install the whitelines and never had time (btw, my front whiteline survived!! it pushed everything else over and said "i'm too stiff to bend like that, yo." No VLSD (that one hurt). During the autox I found out my TPS was set incorrectly, and I wasn't able to test the timing. This was literally the first time I REALLY drove the car!! Even then, it wasn't bad (mostly because of R-compund tires and 9/ 7 springrates).

Finally, many thanks to:
Quote:
MWest
quagabow
fastpace
sykikchimp
Hookedup240sx
SaintlyCharBoy
stealthx32
mbmbmb23
zemus
hurleyboi514
J. Lindseya
bbandit
mrmephistopheles
mad_s13
thx1138
thatsmekid
kaje
for contributing to the Rebuild Fund. I've got the magnetic sheeting and I'm heading down to the shop later this week to have a "sponsor board" made up for you guys If I forgot your name or you'd like to change your name or whatever, just PM me. I tried my best to match names to paypal accounts.....

Last edited by AceInHole; 04-01-2004 at 08:35 AM..
AceInHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
focused
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (2)
focused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to focused
thats cool you got it mostly together
focused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
ucfz31s13
Zilvia Junkie

ucfz31s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ucfz31s13
sweet! glad things are looking up for you. I remember your post about totally your other s14.

good luck to you!

-Mitch
ucfz31s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:10 PM   #4
kaje36
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
kaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of lightkaje36 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kaje36
I am so glad panda is running, and just in time too, that engine bay looks SOO good !
kaje36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
the240sxer95
Zilvia FREAK!

the240sxer95 is making a name for him/her selfthe240sxer95 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to the240sxer95
woot!! haha the stang wheels dont look half bad in black. which model/year is that one on?
the240sxer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:04 AM   #6
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
That is awesome that you are back on the road again, I can't wait til you get all the goodies switched over. Good luck and keep us posted, because I know I am interested and I don't think I am alone.
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:47 AM   #7
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
Awsome congrats Ace! Russ is still gonna kill you about that ground wire how'd you like the D2's on the autox course? looks like its still leaning abit do you think getting the sways back in will flatten it out in the curves? and you really should leave it panda colored
Old 03-29-2004, 07:29 AM   #8
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
Lookin Sweet, I say keep it panda, just get a new white paint job job, and paint the rest nice glossy black
Zemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:35 AM   #9
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeles
Awsome congrats Ace! Russ is still gonna kill you about that ground wire
Haha. He yelled at me for passing my tranny harness through a new grommet in the fender well instead of drilling a hole in my tranny tunnel. Then kookz yells at me for the dirty engine bay. Already cleaned up the ground wire and am working on hiding the rest of the wiring better.

Quote:
how'd you like the D2's on the autox course? looks like its still leaning abit do you think getting the sways back in will flatten it out in the curves?
The D2's were nice. My camber settings were all messed up since we installed em without setting ANYTHING. The car was VERY unpredictable untill I noticed I had 2.5deg camber on one side and 0deg camber on the other!! After that, it all smoothened out and I had my fastest (raw, as I coned) time of the day by nearly a full second (and was still not focusing on the course due to lack of sleep).
The swaybars should help out a lot. Considering everything on my front end was bent BUT the whiteline swaybar.... it should stiffen things up a lot. I also gotta get rid of this junk FSTB, and install some bushings and TC rods. After that my front end should be pretty set.

Quote:
and you really should leave it panda colored
workin' on it. Might get a CF hood..... definitely leaving the black wheels
Old 03-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #10
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
im glad that you got it running already! took you only 1 day to put everything back in? that beats my record... i did my ka swap in 2 days
but good luck with the panda, PJ!

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Bbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #11
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
awesome job... from salvage to autox worthy in such a short period of time... i'm very impressed. good luck with the car and the season.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:11 AM   #12
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
Any other lil things you liked or disliked after pushing those D2s, HQ? easy to use, some more likes and dislikes? Any more info you can give would be great
Zemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:28 AM   #13
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceInHole
Haha. He yelled at me for passing my tranny harness through a new grommet in the fender well instead of drilling a hole in my tranny tunnel. Then kookz yells at me for the dirty engine bay. Already cleaned up the ground wire and am working on hiding the rest of the wiring better.
yeah after watching him wire heydens car doing mine less than that is gonna make me cry. I gotta move the fusebox now while i've got everything disasembled. and screw kookz he's ghey anyway

Quote:
The D2's were nice. My camber settings were all messed up since we installed em without setting ANYTHING. The car was VERY unpredictable untill I noticed I had 2.5deg camber on one side and 0deg camber on the other!! After that, it all smoothened out and I had my fastest (raw, as I coned) time of the day by nearly a full second (and was still not focusing on the course due to lack of sleep).
The swaybars should help out a lot. Considering everything on my front end was bent BUT the whiteline swaybar.... it should stiffen things up a lot. I also gotta get rid of this junk FSTB, and install some bushings and TC rods. After that my front end should be pretty set.
awsome! spork was wanting a review of them. I might be geting a set of those. I still need sways though. Russ laughed at my poor stock ones

Quote:
workin' on it. Might get a CF hood..... definitely leaving the black wheels
awsome!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #14
RanciD
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
RanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of lightRanciD is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RanciD Send a message via MSN to RanciD
Looks awesome! I went to the rookie day saturday but had to co-drive a friend's car because the night before one of my calipers seized and I may have a blown head gasket so I couldn't make it sunday. Good to see the new car is coming along.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:10 AM   #15
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Nice to see that it is finally getting through. It would have really sucked if you went through all that work to get the coils and couldn't participate in the first autox. Glad you made it though. My friend got those wheels too, really cheap and wide. Good luck this season
Old 03-29-2004, 10:16 AM   #16
BlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

BlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to BlackS14
Looking good man.....the engine bay looks so much better without the damn fusebox in there. I asked Russ if he would do mine and hestated he wasn't doing anymore unless payed REALLY well......bastard.....as much as I would love to tackle it by myself, I'm no wiring guy, so I'll have to wait until the real fun starts in a year or so....

Congrats again man...

-Bill
Old 03-29-2004, 10:47 AM   #17
AceInHole
Autox Technician

lol. can't you pay russ with cheap beer and women??

As far as more reviews on the D2's.... they'll come after I get the swaybars on. I can only say the car felt more unpredictable than I'd like, but that really can be fixed with the addition of sways. As far as dampening adjustment, I didn't play around with it at all. The car felt fine at 3.5F/ 3.0 turns from low (techincally 21/ 18 settings out of 36). Gonna go down to the shop today to schedule some time to make the intercooler piping, corner weight the car and set sways to 0- preload.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:50 AM   #18
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry I havent followed up, but where exactly is the fuse box relocated?? Man those stang wheels look pretty good, I wanna get some now.. =)

Oh, by the way, did your insurance pay for ur wreck? Or did you plan out and pick this one up?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:14 AM   #19
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceInHole
lol. can't you pay russ with cheap beer and women??

As far as more reviews on the D2's.... they'll come after I get the swaybars on. I can only say the car felt more unpredictable than I'd like, but that really can be fixed with the addition of sways. As far as dampening adjustment, I didn't play around with it at all. The car felt fine at 3.5F/ 3.0 turns from low (techincally 21/ 18 settings out of 36). Gonna go down to the shop today to schedule some time to make the intercooler piping, corner weight the car and set sways to 0- preload.
hmm well I did promise to take him to hooters to see this one waitress.... but he has to spit his own game lol.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:15 PM   #20
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
looking good man! Glad to see it running already, and competing non-the-less. Awesome.

Your my hero.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:27 PM   #21
AceInHole
Autox Technician

progress is good.

need to find someone with a steam cleaner though.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:56 PM   #22
Powashiftin
Zilvia Junkie

Powashiftin is an unknown quantity at this point
where did you put all that wiring? Was it difficult?
Old 03-31-2004, 11:56 AM   #23
AceInHole
Autox Technician

the wiring is all under the dash:

it's a big pain in the ass. probably isn't worth all the hassle.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:03 PM   #24
Steeles
Post Whore!

nice... is that the turbo goiung back on I see? sweetness!
Old 03-31-2004, 12:16 PM   #25
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
ace : cool work with the fusebox... that looks like it was a giant pain in the ass. battery -> trunk? engine bay look so roomy @_@. what kind of electric fan did u use?

from salvage to ka-t in such a short time. now i feel like a shitty owner. :P
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:47 PM   #26
AceInHole
Autox Technician

yup. battery is bolted down in the trunk. using an electric fan i got from autozone. single 14", as the other one was busted up from the accident.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:31 PM   #27
240Driver39
Zilvia FREAK!

240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 240Driver39
so are u just putting your turbo parts onto the engine that came with ur new chassis? what are u doin with the other engine?
Old 03-31-2004, 04:35 PM   #28
the240sxer95
Zilvia FREAK!

the240sxer95 is making a name for him/her selfthe240sxer95 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to the240sxer95
ACE, can you show some pictures on the battery in the truck and how you bolted it down? haha mine kinda moves a bit
the240sxer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:38 PM   #29
Powashiftin
Zilvia Junkie

Powashiftin is an unknown quantity at this point
did you guys buy a battery relocate kit, or you just did it without it?

ACE: any tips on rewiring all that stuff?
Old 03-31-2004, 05:08 PM   #30
AceInHole
Autox Technician

i just drilled 4 holes through the box and trunk and bolted it down, then drilled 2 more holes and slid the battery tie downs up through them. battery is actually bolted down to the floor and not the box. makes everything much mroe secure.