Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 08:36 PM   #31
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sweet, I will definatly look into getting a set for my self.
Thanks, Snail
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2004, 12:14 AM   #32
sil4ty

sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sil4ty
no problem
Old 10-04-2004, 12:17 AM   #33
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
how much did you get tha tGP sports rear visor for?
Old 10-04-2004, 01:07 AM   #34
sil4ty

wanna say it was for a bit over 250?? i cant really remember but i THINK thats how much it was.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:37 AM   #35
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
Were did you get that sun shade CF thingy thats on the top of your hatch? Does it come in Non CF haha
Old 10-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #36
sil4ty

LOL...sunshade. its roofline hatch spoiler. a friend of mine sent it to me from hong kong. you can buy them in fiberglass from GP Sports. theyre 300ish.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:30 PM   #37
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

yea, thats why I asked, cuz 300$ is to much for a small peice of FRP.. and I called it a sunshade because thats what MK2 Supras call it, but theirs are ALOT bigger..

Yea I like it, if It was painted..

Also are you going to paint your car or leave all the CF exposed?
Old 10-04-2004, 01:38 PM   #38
sil4ty

paint over all my sex weave???!!! are u joking??

lol...nah im not going to paint it. my car is staying black anyway so its not going to make a huge contrast
Old 10-04-2004, 01:45 PM   #39
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Yea.. the only thing on a car I wouldent paint if it was CF is the hood, and I might even paint that.. Showing it off like that is kinda lame.. I mean is the GTP stuff even really CF(as in CF covered), They make so much lil pointless crap at GTP thats CF its a bit excessive. I mean how much weight have you lost getting CF stuff? I would like to know
Old 10-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #40
sil4ty

i only have 1 thing from GTP and it is FULL carbon fiber. it is not simply some overlay. nothing i have in CF is overlay. its all pre-preg material which is very strong and very light. if you can give me #s for stock weights of silvia hood, 240 hatch minus glass, and stock seats, i can tell you, roughly, how much weight will be saved. im a weight freak if you cant already tell and i love carbon fiber. anyone else think its lame to NOT paint cf b/c there would be a lot of lame people.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:43 PM   #41
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil4ty
i only have 1 thing from GTP and it is FULL carbon fiber. it is not simply some overlay. nothing i have in CF is overlay. its all pre-preg material which is very strong and very light. if you can give me #s for stock weights of silvia hood, 240 hatch minus glass, and stock seats, i can tell you, roughly, how much weight will be saved. im a weight freak if you cant already tell and i love carbon fiber. anyone else think its lame to NOT paint cf b/c there would be a lot of lame people.

Hey im a huge weight freak, but CF isent always the lightest thing out their, some FRP can be lighter than CF. I mean Why a CF hatch, why not get some hood pins, Dremmel out your extra metal, and put 3/32 plexi glass on their and rivet it out, it would weight SOOO much less than your CF hatch that cost im sure near 600$, and be not much more than 100.. I mean the hood yes, ive seen 5lb CF hoods, how much does yours set you back. I mean if your a huge weight freak why do you have windsheild wipers... I dont have em.. Trust me, if you were stickler on weight you wouldent pay to lighten your car, thats the last thing you do in the weight loss for a car.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:55 PM   #42
NISMOoPW
Leaky Injector

NISMOoPW is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NISMOoPW
I like the seats, how much were they, and where did you get them? Sorry if this was already mentioned, it's been a long day and ATHF is on tivo right now...attention span is nil... Great looking car, stick around, I'm curious about this engine...
Old 10-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #43
sil4ty

you are right..cf isnt always the lightest thing but im not building a dedicated race car either. i enjoy showing my car as much as i enjoy autox and road racing. cf is lighter than stock and still looks nice so im helping myself in more than one category.

apparently, im not hardcore enough to take off my windsheild wipers since my car IS a daily driver.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:26 PM   #44
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
of course he's gonna paint the CF... cause i know where he lives!

i'm gonna snag a CF hatch some day when i get onto more aggressive body mods. you know, AFTER the car gets street legal again.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:33 PM   #45
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
What up dude??? its tunity from NOLA. glad you finally found a good 240 site
Old 10-04-2004, 04:38 PM   #46
sil4ty

hey bro! i guess you cant call it the right one unless u have been to all the wrong ones as well.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:15 PM   #47
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil4ty
you are right..cf isnt always the lightest thing but im not building a dedicated race car either. i enjoy showing my car as much as i enjoy autox and road racing. cf is lighter than stock and still looks nice so im helping myself in more than one category.

apparently, im not hardcore enough to take off my windsheild wipers since my car IS a daily driver.
Im just giving you a lil crap, dont worry, I like your rear hatch thing, never seen it before and being Unique with 240s isent a comman thing, so I give you huge props on that. And im in the same boat as you, I do hate weight. and oh yea My car is a daily driver. And rain X is my best friend. And hey CF is nice and all, and stronger, and if you lose weight along the way, all the power to you :-D

Oh yea, welcome to zilvia
Old 10-05-2004, 01:12 AM   #48
sp4rkz
Leaky Injector

sp4rkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdevo
u wnt that cf hatch thing too? hehhe lets both get it to save on shipping or something

i dont get the "ghetto" ? what do u mean?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:51 AM   #49
sil4ty

thanks for the welcome
Old 10-05-2004, 02:10 AM   #50
mad sentra
Leaky Injector

mad sentra is making a name for him/her selfmad sentra is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to mad sentra
the stock glass fits on that rear hatch? i was considering that rear hatch myself but it looks like the lexan glass is bolted every 12 inches or so..... so how on earth would you put the stock glass on there? Would it even look flush with the hatch and would you just seal it on there?....... hm.... i wonder how much the Lexan would just be......

More Alex...
Old 10-05-2004, 08:42 AM   #51
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad sentra
the stock glass fits on that rear hatch? i was considering that rear hatch myself but it looks like the lexan glass is bolted every 12 inches or so..... so how on earth would you put the stock glass on there? Would it even look flush with the hatch and would you just seal it on there?....... hm.... i wonder how much the Lexan would just be......
The best idea would be to have 2 hatchs, one for racing and one for street, you get really thin plexi glass, and rivet it on to the hatch (For an example see the White JIC S13) Its like a bit thicker than paper, and you could like push on it to bend it, but it will weight NOTHING, which is why it rocks.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:03 AM   #52
sil4ty

yea but im building up this one and for right now its a daily driver. after my motor is in and paid for, im going to consider the new 2005 mazdaspeed 6 as a daily driver and designate my hatch as a track car. that way i can get a little more extreme with things like weight and power. it all takes time and for right now, i gotta live with what ive got.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #53
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
yo im in shreveport. HOLLA! heh found someone!!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #54
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is soooooooo Last YEAR..