Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-15-2004, 09:29 PM   #31
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i love shit like this

mike is like apc minus selling out and making cookie cutter bullshit products that dont work right or look right

wait hes nothing like them. do you mean to tell me you dont think he puts like 60hrs of labor into a project?

lets say on labor alone, he spends 40 hrs making hid kouki headlights, an average cost of labor per hour is 80 bux

do the math
justinhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2004, 10:04 PM   #32
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
The main factor that people dont consider: the costs of operating a business that will not just last for today, but will last for years to come.

It amazes me when people buy things, do they have NO CARE or think to themselves "what will happen if this product needs repair or maintanance, replacement, etc... will this company be around for years to come? Will I be able to get customer support?"

Cars are cars, they get in accidents -- things happen. I know that when I buy things for my car, I want to deal with reputable businesses, ones that are not looking to make a quick buck, but looking to take care of their customers today and tomorrow.

They say, you can only have two of the following, never three:
inexpensive - quick - quality

You have to chose what is affordable, the words "worth" and "expensive" are different for everyone. I paid more for my front clip (purchased from www.sr20store.com / marco) for a reason, because he sells cream of the crop clips. I had no problems with my transaction nor did I have any problems with my clip. To this day, if I need anything I know I can call Marco -- his company is still in business and he's a great person to deal with. I would want, and hope, and if you ask me for my opinion -- I think my customers do appreciate the service we provide. I can tell you, just about every customer we've worked with is pleased with our products. They take time to fabricate, but the finished product is golden.

Take into consideration the costs of operating a business, expanding product line, working with higher quality/upper echelon parts, legalities, and you too will have a glimpse of what it takes to run and operate a business -- somewhere in there, find your way to make profit. Will you be able to last, or are you just a person working out of a garage thats looking to make that quick buck. You gotta give it up to shops that have been around, pdm-racing, phase2, sr20store, all of these old-schoolers have given a lot to get to where they are today.
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:37 AM   #33
tastyratz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
tastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tastyratz
Mike you do a quality job and we all know it, screw everyone who doesnt believe it. whenever there is something good that costs more money than people have they are gonna bitch. people dont realize that true actual real high intensity leds cost money and it racks up fairly quickly. really good leds arent 5c even in bulk. what is the mcd rating of the leds you use? even if you are a grumpy bastard you do it right :P
Old 12-16-2004, 07:53 PM   #34
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
damn everytime you guys bring up lights topic, some idiot poors shit all over clearcorners and mike. i guess people dont wanna learn.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:09 PM   #35
ace240sx
Leaky Injector

ace240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey dont get me wrong 180sx tail lights are very nice, although I know how much GaAs led's cost and dont try to pass off the whole "business" escuse for high prices. You are right, I couldn't afford to pay $1100 for the led add on. But you can then buy them, just dont comlpain when you see my "ricer" tail lights pulling away from you.

nice product, not nice prices
ace240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:29 PM   #36
S13Grl
Married to the Mob

S13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to all
Bottom line, you get what you pay for.

Hipposleek is $hit.
S13Grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:57 AM   #37
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Your car being faster than Mikes has to do with what?? Seriously, shut up.
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:09 AM   #38
ace240sx
Leaky Injector

Wasn't refering to mike, oem is always better quality...
Old 12-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #39
SilviaSativa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
SilviaSativa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^^
LAMER!
Old 12-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #40
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace240sx
Wasn't refering to mike, oem is always better quality...
dude, you seriously are a moron
Old 12-17-2004, 12:09 PM   #41
ace240sx
Leaky Injector

That is easy for you to say when you are sitting behind a computer.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #42
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
ACE STFU, the only reason you jumped into this thread was to talk shit about Old_S13 and Clearcorners.com. Back Off. To everyone else, either add something constructive to the discussion or STFU!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:44 PM   #43
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

lol, he just said that to me?

jdm heaven is located at
1051 s main st
akron, ohio 44311

we endorse clearcorners and mike the crackheads insane lighting 100%
we endorse beating kids faces in as soon as probation is over and we relocate back to so cal

hipposleek watch out, clear corners in 05 biotches!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:57 PM   #44
ace240sx
Leaky Injector

I am comparing two products and prices, old-s13 put down a company, so I exposed what was wrong with his.

LOL

This thread is based on talking shit about hipposleek...

Look at these, I would rock them on my s13

http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item_d...hp?prodID=2429

"These lights feature genuine Nissan rears which mean they fit like a dream"

Last edited by ace240sx; 12-17-2004 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-17-2004, 01:49 PM   #45
tastyratz
Zilvia Addict

tastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to behold
im all set with that. completely clear taillights like that are ricey cheesy and gay. Thats just as bad as altezzas if you ask me. quite frankly mikes got his own corner especially with tails for the 240, as long as he keeps doing a good job he can charge whatever he wants. im still curious what the mcd is on those leds you use mike... chime in!
Old 12-17-2004, 01:53 PM   #46
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
i'd sport those clears if i had some crazy bright HID blue brake lights.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #47
pruto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
I'll send you a set to custom build by hand, you let me know how much you feel like charging afterwards. Then you might understand Mike's prices.
lol, dude, guys, chill.

i KNOW mike's lights are hot shit, i've seen them in person more that once, i know its worth the price and how much work is put into them, and i would say they're better than OEM quality.

That was my point guys, you CAN'T compare that stuff to mikes. you DO get what you pay for. You can't compare 1000 or 2000 dollar tail lights to hippo sleek's 600-700 dollar tail lights. Hand built custom vs mass produced is not a fair comparision.

It'll be like Vertex coming out and saying, look at this shitty Vis stuff, its crap, its definately not as good as ours, doesn't look as good, fits like crap, less than OEM quality. Its not in the same league.

I'm not knocking mike's prices, just kinda making the point that its an unfair comparision because they're in TOTALLY different price ranges and meant for different people/targets.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:18 PM   #48
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I have to say knowing Mike and watching and seeing the workmanship he puts into his tails and his pop up projector headlights and his many other products you cannot compare his stuff to mass produced. There is a reason local Ferrari and Lamborghini shops call Mike for light upgrades. He is the king of light upgrades no one does it better!!!
His stuff is far from ricey and worth every penny he charges . He does not use cheap ass LED's and ACE240 I really do not thing you know what your talking about . Buying quality LED's is not even the half of the work it takes to do a proper LED tailight mod. Have you ever stopped to look at a factory Kouki tail? If you did you would realize what Mike does to them is no small feat.
Untill you have seen and been there do not go there trying to dis Mikes prices or work.
SECOND TO NONE!!!! Clearcorners.com

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 06:10 PM   #49
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
ace> Hey dont get me wrong 180sx tail lights are very nice, although I know how much GaAs led's cost and dont try to pass off the whole "business" escuse for high prices.

You are a big talker. Since you want to talk, put some action behind your words -- fabricate a better product and offer it to the folks on this list. And when I say "better product" I dont mean better than the products we offer on our site, I am referring to the OEM lights. Can you build a better product than OEM? APC wont/cant/hasnt. TYC wont/cant/hasnt.

Actually, last I checked.. there really arent ANY companies that pop up into my head that meet, let alone exceed, the performance of OEM lighting products. All those projector headlamps for Civics? Trash. Read up on the forums, everyone starts illegal DIY-projects to retrofit to custom HID projectors. NSX owners? No hope, they either install cheap retrofit HID kits or go upgrade to the 2nd gen OEM HID headlamps.
- Civic = mass produced car, no options in terms of quality lighting.
- NSX = low volume car, still.. no QUALITY options in terms of lighting.

There is a reason why no one steps up, because it takes LOTS of work, knowledge, and money. The companies that ARE in business arent in business to offer custom/unique/quality lighting products, they are looking to sell bottom of the barrel, barely DOT compliant lights that LOOK different. Do they perform better than stock? NO.

ace> Wasn't refering to mike, oem is always better quality...

You're very smart. Hence the reason we ONLY work with OEM lighting assemblies.

ace> just dont comlpain when you see my "ricer" tail lights pulling away from you.

You dont have to worry, your penis is larger than mine and everyone elses on this forum.

tasty> im still curious what the mcd is on those leds you use mike... chime in!

Remember the game Zelda? "Its a secret to all" hehe.

Dont worry so much about MCD, this is not a headlamp where brighter is better. When it comes to LEDs, the most important thing is longevity and reliability. What good is a 500HP SR20DET if it is not reliable? Lets just say, our LEDs are all under-driven and STILL manage to be extremely bright. Remember, a tail light isnt good if it blinds and annoys the person behind you. This is why I dont like the G35 tail lights, not enough LEDs and they are not diffused.. they really bother me. This is why we are currently working on an upgraded G35-C tail light with our own custom setup.. hint hint!

Actually, expect to see some new tail lights for the 95-96 S14 by next week. We just finished them and, like all of our goods, they are AMAZING.

mike / clearcorners.com
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:28 PM   #50
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
When it comes to lighting/appearance, it's one thing I miss about owning a european car. Because this stuff has to pass super-stringent German TuV requirements over there, their mass-produced lighting upgrades are actually upgrades. It's a wonderful thing when you can buy your lighting upgrades from Hella instead of APC.

AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:33 PM   #51
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
I read a long time ago that the LEDs, at highway speed, actually give a significantly more amout of warning (in time/distance) than bulbs. This is because the LEDs light up almost instantly, while a bulb has to heat the element to produce the light.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:36 PM   #52
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
It's true. I mean you're talking maybe 1/10th of a second, but that's enough to mean the difference between stopping short and rear-ending someone.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #53
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
At highway speeds it was a considerable distance. I want to say like 30-60 ft. but it's been so long I can't remember the number. I KNOW that it was a Cadilac article though.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:37 AM   #54
tastyratz
Zilvia Addict

its even just that too with the instant on / off of leds it stands out more, its so sudden its like your eyes magnetize to it more. its a more dramatic change