Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
WideS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
WideS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Guy <--

Hi, This will be my first post here. I'm retiring from DSMtalk.com after many years of blowing up 4G63s and fixing the random stuff that breaks everyday. This is my second S13, both 90s, but the first one I had is highschool was a coupe. I'll post 2 pictures of the progress I have on it so far. Most of what I have done so far is the ricer mods. I bought it all ugly and jacked up and decided to go ahead and knock the astetics out of the way first, which is very unlike me. Used the D-Drug rear overfenders and JSpecs AIT body. I was happy with the construction of the peices and the fit really well. I did the 5-Lug swap with the Peak performance pro front hubs and new rears from Phase2 along with the Z32 30mm allum calipers/lines/bremos. I bought the Megan Racing coilovers from them as well. FN01R-Cs 17x8+25 215/45 front and 17x10+15 255/40 rear. TireRack.com was having a killer sale on the HRTZ2s so, I really couldn't pass up $80 dollar tires, so thats whats on there now. The guy I bought it from replaced the tie rods a few months before I had picked it up, so I'm not to worried about that right now. It's going in to be painted (can't remember the name) the Nissan factory dark metalic blue next week. As of right now, it has a stock KA and it's going to stay that way till I get the suspension and all of the onther little gripes fixed. I look foward to being on the Zilvia community.
A few days after purchase.

Almost done with the bodywork.
WideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
welcome, looks like your car is going to come out pretty sick .
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
your car looks like its gonna come out nice so i wont flame you =] (mods may not share my kindness),
there is a picture thread for this, its a sticky thread at the top of the general chat forum, please post pictures there...and welcome!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
FN01R-Cs 17x8+25 215/45 front and 17x10+15 255/40 rear
those are an odd combonation. Why didn't you go with 17x9 +15? Welcome to understeer and Zilvia
Old 07-28-2005, 03:15 PM   #5
BrokenHeart
Leaky Injector

BrokenHeart is on a distinguished road
*cough* molded kits are bad *cough*
but besides that looks like the cars gonna be great
BrokenHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
WideS13
Leaky Injector

I'm not a fan of molding the lines myself, but It was bashed up, so there wasn't much to work with. It actualy has a seam cut in it now so when it does crack, and I know it will, It goes along the seam. Wheel sizes.. .. no excuse. Looking at it now, I could probably fit a 17x9 in the front with a little work. I might do that a little later down the road. Understear is nothing new to me having owned a DSM. Those will pratically go straight under full throttle with the wheel turned, but if going straight is what you want to do they are outright evil. I'm parting out the DSM for the SR fund and keeping a few of the uneversal things for the 240. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:25 PM   #7
Mervyn
Zilvia Member

Mervyn is a well-known jackass
Welcome to Zilvia! Nice 240sx project you got going there.. keep us updated with pictures and information.
Mervyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 04:58 PM   #8
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
good shit but im really getting tired of pple not posting in the picture thread
Old 07-28-2005, 05:24 PM   #9
SHIFT_control
Leaky Injector

SHIFT_control is a well-known jackass
The factory blue color you speak of is called Sapphire Blue Pearl paint code # TK3. My '93 hatch is that color.
SHIFT_control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #10
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
looks like the same state as hyperteks car haha just in less time. primer it some black luv.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:19 PM   #11
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
hi im new tooooo whats a DSM?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #12
driftracer
Premium Member

driftracer is making a name for him/her selfdriftracer is making a name for him/her selfdriftracer is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to driftracer Send a message via MSN to driftracer
Welcome to Zilvia
driftracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:52 PM   #13
*NismoS13*
Zilvia Member

*NismoS13* is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like it's going to be a very nice looking car, be sure to post some pictures of it once it gets painted! (But in the picture thread)

-Adam

FOR SALE -LOTS OF S13 SR PARTS!
(GReddy vspec intercooler, Blitz downpipe, Kouki Taillights, Koyo Radiator, GReddy Type S BOV, Blitz clutch & flywheel, Cusco Triangle Bar, JDM Gauge Cluster, Apexi Exhaust, Custom Test Pipe, Nismo Motor Mounts) Please PM Me With Offers, Brand New Parts That Must Go!
*NismoS13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:14 AM   #14
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound
haha, what the?

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:01 AM   #15
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
that is gonna look CLEEAAANNNNN

welcome
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:34 AM   #16
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
for once, a newbie who knows his shit. Just make sure you search. And i emphasizing SEARCH!

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:30 AM   #17
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
im only kidd'n about the diamond star motors thing i know what it is........... and the foogeesictreee
Old 07-29-2005, 02:35 AM   #18
Revolver Ocelot
Zilvia Addict

Revolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Revolver Ocelot
Looks like it is coming along nicely.
Revolver Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:38 AM   #19
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
Good luck with the zilvia thing.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:48 AM   #20
ICKY
Account Closed

ICKY is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ICKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound
Don't Start in the Morning = DSM
ICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:10 AM   #21
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
any shots of the rear? i wanna see how flush it with those wheels and 50mm wide rears. spacers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 05:29 AM   #22
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKY
Don't Start in the Morning = DSM
Hah, no kidding, my DSM randomly didn't want to start one day. It was 5 mins after I turned it off too.

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
i8yourfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:55 PM   #23
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

fukn mistu--------glad u left......... theyr cars have been going down the drain as the new gens keep coming out.... except for the evo.......
Old 07-30-2005, 03:45 PM   #24
WideS13
Leaky Injector

I'll go take some pics and post them in the picture thread. Yes, I do have 10mm spacers in the rear. I'm still wating for my UCRAs to get in so the rear camber is a little jacked now. I don't drive it yet, so it's not a problem.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:19 AM   #25
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
definately taking notes from previous cars and applying it properly. big ups man to the build. whether street car or drifting. you have my props.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:00 AM   #26
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
a newbie doing it right . give the man props!!!!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #27
WideS13
Leaky Injector

I know about the picture thread, but I'm gona post the finished picture in here. That way you can see the the end result of what it looks like now. I'll post more pics in the picture thread that are a little more detailed.

It came out a little better than I expected. It was in the body shop for a month and a half. They reinforced the undersides of the overfenders and molded them so that the curve went all the way to where the doors open so that it's more natural looking. If anyone is wondering, it cost me exactaly $3500 to have all of the work and to get it painted the Nissan factory midnight blue that comes on new Maximas etc. I think it was worth it.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #28
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Now, sell those 8s and buy 9s and do more suspension work.

Otherwise, the car looks good and you seem to have your head in the right place. Welcome.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:35 PM   #29
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
bullcrap, his car looks pimp as shiznit. AWESOME.

that is one of the ways i visioned my car completed but alas if i need more fender flares will be in order.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 01:18 PM   #30
WideS13
Leaky Injector

OMG! I must have done something right for Makoto not to talk shit about it!