Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2020, 02:20 AM   #10
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

Now why bring this up. Well as like most modern industries lots of stuff in the music industry is now manufactured in China and yes at NAMM there are a lot of Chinese reps. Well a lot of the Chinese reps at NAMM where going around wearing face masks. We asked ourselves hmm why are they wearing face masks. No one was talking about Wuhan no one was talking about Covid. Hell they were not even talking about it.
Now since we know that a lot of Asians at the first sign of sickness dawn face masks in hopes of not getting sick. Ya that sounds like a stereotype but before Covid19 in the U.S. it was pretty much true.
So we did not think much, except after NAMM several of us got sick with strange colds or fevers. My friend had a fever that put him down for nearly two weeks and he had cough he could not get rid for three weeks afterwards.
I had a strange chest only thing I thought was a cold that lasted over two weeks as well.
They even have told us a majority of healthy people who got Covid would experience a cold to severe cold to flu like symptoms and nothing more and some would not even know they had it.

So I think based of this sensible yet partly anecdotal evidence that its been here in California and possibly the U.S. overall longer than we realize.
That it took awhile to spread to the point where it spread faster.
That the reason California numbers are much lower than say New York are several different factors one is California is already started down the herd immunity road due to longer exposure. 2 is New York is more densely populated in the City. Plus did not have as much prolonged exposure. 3. That people here were getting it a lot but it was not being diagnosed as it appeared to be the flu. We have had a exceptionally bad flu season this year and 20k people have died from the flu( or so they think) as well in the U.S.
Plus my sister runs a credit card processing business and had clients in Vegas that got sick in December with pnuemonia like symptoms were tested for flu but did not show positive and had to go the hospital for it.
Just another interesting question and story.

This whole mess is pretty confusing, why some places are hit hard and others less so.

I get NY is more densely populated than LA and San Francisco, but you get cities like Tokyo and Hong Kong arguably more crowded than NY that I know of, and likely got the virus earlier and yet are doing incredibly well.

I do believe the practice of wearing face masks, something more common in Asian communities, when one gets sick might prevent the spread of the virus. It will be interesting to see how states that are opening up earlier and places like Sweden who haven't locked down their economy & quarantine as much are faring. If they can pull it off good for them. Its just not confidence inspiring when so little is known especially with transmission and long term effects.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote