Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-24-2004, 10:11 AM   #1
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
school project

hey guys, im currently doing a research paper on the history of drifting and if drifting is here to stay much like f1 racing and drag racing which has been around forever...or is it going to die out soon and be ridiculed much like the ricers today...basically the future of drifting...what do u guys think is gonna happen in the near future - and in like 5 to 10 years? thanks guys i really appreciate any opinion - autri
smellslikecurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
nocomedown has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nocomedown
drifting is going to be super cool #1!!1!eleventy!!!111
cmon....what history is there to talk about?
nocomedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
drifting as a technique is as old as racing... everytime this question comes up i say go back to 1930s f1 racing on dirt tracks (not ovals...). tazio nuvolari etc etc. yes they four wheel drift with counter steering and throttle modulation etc etc... no different then any other vehicle with four wheels, gas and steering wheel.

drifting as a competitive sport on tarmac look to japan.

btw, this is a terrible subject for a paper as there aren't any real credible sources of information to cite.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:01 PM   #4
No Motiv
Zilvia FREAK!

No Motiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to No Motiv
Drifting will make it its already got lots of respect from some very serious road racers, etc.

I dont know what to tell you other than that.....

What Class is this for.....kinda Bullshit topic..but cool anyway

My name is Shake-Zula, the mic rulah, the old schoolah, you wanna trip, I'll break it to ya. Frylock and I'm on top rock you like a cop, Meatwad you're up next with your knock-knock. Meatwad make the money see, Meatwad get the honeys G. Drivin in my car, livin like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus. Cause we are the Aqua Teens, make the homeys say ho and the girlies wanna scream.
No Motiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #5
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
its my last paper for my highschool career - teacher told me to do it on something i like and i said drifting he said good idea haha
smellslikecurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:27 PM   #6
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

nocomedown has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to nocomedown
shoulda done it on BLTs. i sure could go for one of those right now.
nocomedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:43 PM   #7
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Pepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Pepperoni
Just wondering, how many pages does it have to be? If it's like 10 pages or something, are you sure you'll be able to write that many pages with relevant information? Not like 4 pages of good info and 6 pages of BS...although that happens to me a lot, but i'm better at critiquing others than help myself haha just make sure "drifting" is worth writing about and you're able to write a lot about it
Old 05-24-2004, 07:49 PM   #8
Pepperoni
Zilvia Addict

Pepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nicePepperoni is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Pepperoni
Oh and I think that in the future, more and more "drift" products will come out. "Buy this for your drifter car!" I mean, they're already coming out and things seem to sell because of increased popularity. Look at 240's for example; cheap "drift" cars. More demand, they're no longer in production, prices(value) are going up, and it seems people are willing to pay for it. Basically I think "drifting" will be staying around for a while, even though people have been power sliding for a long time, but the "drifting" term really wasnt applied till recently (at least here in the USA).