Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #1
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
$14k is about the top of the S14 zenki market that I've seen.

Example: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...980197607.html

Dude has made a business out of nostalgia. Good for him.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #2
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post

Ehhh this is that whole 'what's it posted for vs. what's it gonna sell for' argument. There's a shop down in San Diego that was selling a white zenki like this for about the same price...three years ago. These are the kids you go to school with that think they're 'business-minded' when really they're just assholes.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Ehhh this is that whole 'what's it posted for vs. what's it gonna sell for' argument. There's a shop down in San Diego that was selling a white zenki like this for about the same price...three years ago. These are the kids you go to school with that think they're 'business-minded' when really they're just assholes.
I get it, but I also helped set the top of the Porsche market back in '14/15 so I've seen people pay outrageous prices for cars.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:54 PM   #4
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
I get it, but I also helped set the top of the Porsche market back in '14/15 so I've seen people pay outrageous prices for cars.
...yeah but in my opinion that's shitty. It's trickled into a ton of other models and I really hope it doesn't happen to us. I'd sell my car for what I truly believe it's worth: $7000. People will talk shit, but I'd be fine knowing that's what I'd pay for it if it wasn't already mine. That being said, I wouldn't ask $10k for it in the hopes of setting a price trend, because I'm not a colossal cunt. I cunt for sure, but like fun-sized.

The NSX is a good example. Had I known the price mark-ups would be this bad or unnecessary, I would've considered buying one when I first got here. The SAME cars I used to see for around $40k-$45k (lower KMs, no repair, MT) are now $60k-$65k...and for what? No one seems to care about the new NSX. It's Porsche assholes setting a bad example lol.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^ OEM +++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...yeah but in my opinion that's shitty. It's trickled into a ton of other models and I really hope it doesn't happen to us. I'd sell my car for what I truly believe it's worth: $7000. People will talk shit, but I'd be fine knowing that's what I'd pay for it if it wasn't already mine. That being said, I wouldn't ask $10k for it in the hopes of setting a price trend, because I'm not a colossal cunt. I cunt for sure, but like fun-sized.

The NSX is a good example. Had I known the price mark-ups would be this bad or unnecessary, I would've considered buying one when I first got here. The SAME cars I used to see for around $40k-$45k (lower KMs, no repair, MT) are now $60k-$65k...and for what? No one seems to care about the new NSX. It's Porsche assholes setting a bad example lol.
Lol it's just the market. Prices for 90's Japanese cars are just on the rise now, similar to how the muscle cars back in the mid 2000's were selling for very high prices. The kids that used to drive these cars on gran turismo are now 30-40+ and making money. Combine that with a good economy and you start getting people willing to drop $75k on a TT Supra.

sidenote: I will be switching my front bumper back to a JDM bumper, N1 ducts and a C-West style lip from Shine Auto. Then will I be OEM+? The only non-OEM styled aero will be the URAS valences and the lip. Side skirts are Nismo. Just feeling left out now..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:59 AM   #6
Papajin

Trader Rating: (1)
Papajin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

I'd have to knock at least $12K off if that dude doesn't have the lighter... Why would I wanna pay a premium for a car missing parts like that?
Papajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:42 PM   #7
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that car has been listed for over a year. I remember at least 4 times the post expired for being up to long. It is definitely a nice car overall though.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #8
slevin

Trader Rating: (0)
slevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Drift View Post
I'm pretty sure that car has been listed for over a year. I remember at least 4 times the post expired for being up to long. It is definitely a nice car overall though.
I've looked at this car in person, dealer got it in an auction. It's as clean as it looks in the photos. Price is a bit high for a zenki IMHO though, if it was a kouki I would have bought it in a heartbeat.
slevin is offline   Reply With Quote