Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Central States

North Central States Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
myriad
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
myriad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to myriad
Tracks in Indy

In reference to this thread.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=140871

Do we, Indiana People, have any tracks comparable to a track like that? Really big, really open and lots of fun? I know we have drag stripes but straight line + KA with header and exhaust = weak. I am looking into starting to track my car (whats the point in suspension upgrades if you not going to take advantage of it,) I mean its fun do drive around parking lots with cones set up, but it gets boring after a while. Any suggestions or hidden areas in Indy?

Seeing as how there are only like 6 posts in this section, I am not expecting a HUGE reply, but I was just curious.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #2
suberi_RPS13
Leaky Injector

suberi_RPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Indiana sucks for drifting....the only good track we had was at Tire Rack in South Bend and that was like 4 years ago. If you want to do any real track driving you will have to go to the events held by ClubFR. Hope this helps you out, but it probably doesn't.
suberi_RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #3
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to s13Dr1ft
I wouldnt say it sucks now that people actually stepped up and made shit happen.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
suberi_RPS13
Leaky Injector

no..it sucks... parking lot cone courses are fucking lame. Why pay 80$ to go drive around cones when you could pay the same price and drive on a baller course in WI or IL. Just because somebody decided to charge people money for something you can go do on your own in any parking lot doesn't mean that IN has gotten any better. When you finally have a decent track than maybe you can say it doesn't suck.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #5
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
this one looks pretty fun
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #6
suberi_RPS13
Leaky Injector

that will never happen ^^^ the day they let people drift at the Indy 500 F1 course is the day the town gets run by moneys.....that or it would be so expensive it would be your only event all year. never see it happening.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #7
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Venues like that would actually be expensive in many ways. Insuring is expensive as well. Check out Drift Indy we currently are hosting events in a oval track and having a lot of fun and being around a bunch of cool positive guys and getting as much seat time as possible. Yes you can check out www.clubfr.net the guys up there have done a great job and have alot of events in the Wisconsin area. Where in Indy are you located? Feel free to come check www.driftindy.com. If you are in southern Indiana Outbrake host events at the Sportsdrome. More information can be found here http://www.outbrakemotorsports.com/

But to answer your question many organizer in the Midwest are working with different venues in order to host bigger better drifting areas for drivers. Some of us try to be as positive as we can, after all it is drifting.

I don't understand what you are trying to say Andy with saying

"Just because somebody decided to charge people money for something you can go do on your own in any parking lot"
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #8
waitingroom

waitingroom is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the driftindy events are dope. I've been to every one so far and i'll surely hit all the rest this year. Oval tracks are lame? doubtful. It's called a safe place to actually learn to drive your car. I guess if that's not good enough there's always hard parkin'.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
Hondamatic
Zilvia Member

Hondamatic will become famous soon enoughHondamatic will become famous soon enoughHondamatic will become famous soon enoughHondamatic will become famous soon enough
yeah come out to the driftindy events
get freak nasty with yo self
Hondamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #10
suberi_RPS13
Leaky Injector

That was actually a really good post there Edgar...well till the end.

All I was getting from his post is that he wants to drive on tracks like ClubFR and Cincy do. Point of the parking lot (oval track) comment is that paying to drive around cones when there are events on tracks close by is kind of dumb in my opinion. Why not just pay 20$ more or even the same price and go somewhere with more of a track feel. Like I thought he was asking. You can only drive a parking lot (Oval) for so long before it get boring. Again this is my own opinion so you don't need to get bitter about it. If I ever decided to go back to Indy I might even stop by one time and check it out, but that might be awhile, if ever. I like not living in cold ass Indiana.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #11
Edgar
Post Whore!

Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Yes Indiana is cold. I do agree on what you are saying about sweet ass tracks, ovals etc etc.
Why not pay more to go to another track? Well that is a simple question that I can answer Andy. As you said before Indy is at its starting stages of "Drifting" alot of new drivers and such, and this venue has been great to us and guys are getting maximum drive time and plenty of practice. Most of our drivers are local from Indiana and come here to drive, hangout with friends, and of course do the drifty. I am sure that one day soon enough we will be at a better venue, but this is the venue that has gave us a starting point and honestly people love it. Nice tracks get sad when you ruin their infield, and insurance rates are higher. Another reason why guys might not go to other events are because they are further away and gas isn't so cheap no days, then you have to think of where you will stay, food etc worry that if you wreck your car, how will you get it back home. I honestly cant answer that question for you. Drivers come here because I think its closer to them, the environment is very positive and they get to drive and become better drivers.

ClubFR tracks are super sweet. And I thought you lived in Evansville BTW?

Check Out the following sites if you are interested in driving and keeping safe.

www.driftindy.com
www.clubfr.net
www.projectaspec.net
www.outbrakemotorsports.com
www.driftstl.com

All these organizers would be more than happy to help you, their are plenty of events around the Midwest that you can choose from. Take your pick
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #12
Version13b

Version13b is an unknown quantity at this point
Track time is Always good

I can see the apeal of drifting on a road course and or a go-cart track... both give you a very driving expierence because to have to stay on the grey path... On the flip side if you want to become better driver all around then engaging both types of setups is good at building up your skill. Many pro events are still held on suedo courses that have been designed on a parking lot/track infield. I have found that people who can see the line with just pileons and cones have a much better line in road-course situation. Being able to invision line without having a path in-front of you is a very important skill to have if anyone is planning on doing well at some of these pro-events.. Its all a visual adaptation. Some people get to the point were all they need to see is the cliping point and thier apex's and they can gather from that how they are going to slide the car into that turn... Anyway the DriftINdy events have been a great expierence for everyone involved it seems. I had tons of fun and by the end of the day I felt like I learned a lot. I am not going to bash any type of drifting at this point because all venues bring to light different skill sets.
Version13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #13
suberi_RPS13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
I thought you lived in Evansville BTW?
Nope....Remember I was living in Cincy till I left for school in London?
Well my financial aid fell through cause it was so expensive, so I went to school in Savannah, GA and have been trying to attend events in the surrounding areas....still have to drive all over the earth to get to an event tho, so boo on that. Haven't been able to find any locals yet...figured as big as the school was I would have. Guess I'm just a weird art kid.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
Edgar
Post Whore!

oh ok

You might want to check out www.driftfury.com

There has been events all over that area lately. SCCA is doing some stuff.
I've been to Savanah, place is pretty dope.

I guess that is that.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:09 PM   #15
cavakilla

cavakilla is an unknown quantity at this point
there is a badass road course right outside savannah... i cant imagine no one is drifting there...
cavakilla is offline   Reply With Quote