Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Central States

North Central States Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
ahmedootie
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ahmedootie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ahmedootie
Sunday May 31st, Rockford speedway becomes THUNDERDOME

I may be new to this particular forum, but I am not new to drifting, motorsports, toyotas or nissans.
Every year, my friend Andy from Perfect Soundz here in IL and I set up a couple of events at Rockford Speedway in Rockford, IL. These events are predominantly drifters, but we allow all cars, ff, fr, awd, anything to come out and play. This is not a MWC series event, nor is it a competition in anyway, its simply track time. Last year, we had people drifting, people autocrossing, and a coupla muscle cars came out and just did rediculous burnouts.
It is a fun time, and I figured I would open this up to more than just Clubfr and supraforums members.
The event dates we have set are May 31st, and June 14th.
Gates open at 8
Driving starts at 10
Driving ends at 5
Cost is 60 for drivers, and 10 for spectators.
that price includes all of the burgers and hotdogs you can handle.
Paypal is [email protected] OR you can call 847 708 3797 and meet up with me in person to give cash.
~Ahmed

I will copy and paste all of the rules in a moment.
ahmedootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
ahmedootie
Zilvia Member

Rules...copied and pasted from clubfr...

First rule of thunderdome; do not speak of thunderdome
just playin

These are not CLUBFR sanctioned events, meaning, standard rules do not apply. I will not tech you car, you be the judge of whether or not your car is driveable. I will not teach you how to drift, probably because you can drift better than me. Helmets ARE REQUIRED to get onto the track, I don't give a shit if its a bicycle helmet, you need a helmet.

Passengers ARE allowed in the car, BUT there must be seatbelts where they are sitting...that being said, there needs to be a seat as well.

This event is open to ANYONE who has a car. So if you want to autocross, you can, if you want to drift, you can, if you want to bring your nascar stock car out and drive in circles the wrong way, knock yourself out.

If you don't have a valid US driver's license, don't tell me.

Drivers MUST be 18 years or older, if you are not, feel free to PM me and maybe we'll ask mommy and daddy if its ok.

This is to team Poland. There is NO ALCOHOL at the track. All cars will be searched once they enter the premises for alcohol. Any alcohol found will be confiscated and consumed by the staff. If you have cup holders filled with coffee cups, those may be overlooked.

Here's the biggy. Umbrella insurance is expensive as hell, and the only reason we have it, is because by law we must. IF you crash, break your car, total your car, or die, I'm not responsible. There are waivers that will be signed by EVERY driver and passenger, basically saying in many legal ass terms, that you can't sew me or try to make $$ off of me if something happens. If you do decide to attempt to sew me, fuck you I'm broke.

You may feel free to pay in person, my phone number is (847) 708-3797, or u can paypal me at [email protected]. If you are going to paypal, please add 3% fee to that.

This is the first and as of now the only event we are holding. Last year we took a massive loss, so this year we are going to try and break even on this ONE event, maybe even turn a profit. If that happens, we will have one or two more.

~Ahmed
Old 05-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
nismo240sxdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
what is the coarse set up going to be like, also will tandem be allowed?
nismo240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
ahmedootie
Zilvia Member

the course is a figure 8, with some crazy ass angled banks. Tandem is allowed...last year we had 6 car tandems lol.