Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Central States

North Central States Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
PhlypSide

Trader Rating: (0)
PhlypSide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pictures from 2005 Chicago Auto Show

Just wanted to share... BTW do any of you think that the Nissan Azeal is the S16? (The concept has a 2.4L turbo motor.. but is FF... nOOooooO!!!)

Here are some sample pictures (click thumb for larger):

Sick Aston Martin Vanquish

A blacked out SC430

Lexus concept roadster LFC (there are also some pix of the LFA as well...)

Lexus Race Car (the poor thing had ricey fake Altezzas painted on in the rear... ouch!)

Mercedes/AMG SLR

Ferrari F430

Here are the rest of 124 pictures from the show:

Click Here

lateRZ

JGTCA.com: Helping to connect Japanese GT drivers. All RWD and AWD Japanese Grand Touring (sportscoupe) vehicles welcome!
PhlypSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
PinkPanther
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
PinkPanther is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PinkPanther
No pics of the Shelby GR-1? it was one of my favorites from the show..damn. Azeal concept looked okay; shame its got wrong wheel drive, its not the "S16" its more of a replacement for the sentra Se-R.
PinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #3
PhlypSide

Is this it (Shelby)? Its on page 3.

I hope the Azeal isn't the S16, but the rumors I've heard were that the S16 is going to be FWD. *bleh*

lateRZ

JGTCA.com: Helping to connect Japanese GT drivers. All RWD and AWD Japanese Grand Touring (sportscoupe) vehicles welcome!
Old 02-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #4
PinkPanther
Zilvia Junkie

Naw, man that is the butt-ugly failure known as the Shelby Cobra. The car i'm talking about (the GR-1) is this SHELBY GR-1 It takes a lot to make me like a Ford.....and i'd say this one is sufficient.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:09 PM   #5
PhlypSide

My bad thanks for answering what that was! I have video of this car, but no stills. Maybe I'll post 'em

Thanks & lateRZ

Old 02-27-2005, 11:54 AM   #6
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

X1nom3D is an unknown quantity at this point
where's the video please????
X1nom3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
focused
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (2)
focused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to focused
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlypSide
Lexus Race Car (the poor thing had ricey fake Altezzas painted on in the rear... ouch!)

Huh? It had IS300 taillights painted on it? The original Altezza's from the Toyota Altezza.
focused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #8
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

Quote:
one thing, you can't call it rice if it's on a brand new toyota/lexus. because that's it's origin. it's only referred to as "altezza's" because that's the first car that came equipped with it. but the style was made by toyota/lexus... so if toyota wanna put it on another one of their cars, you can't call it rice.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #9
PinkPanther
Zilvia Junkie

Where do you come off telling him he can't call something Rice? The fact that something is Rice or not is an opinion, not a fact. I see cars that come out of the factory with rice pouring out of their tailpipes all the time- look at the new celica, eclipse, srt-4....IMO.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:23 PM   #10
PhlypSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1nom3D
one thing, you can't call it rice if it's on a brand new toyota/lexus. because that's it's origin. it's only referred to as "altezza's" because that's the first car that came equipped with it. but the style was made by toyota/lexus... so if toyota wanna put it on another one of their cars, you can't call it rice.
Pink is right Riciness is a matter of opinion, however the more people that share that opinion the more "ricey" something really is.

Why do I think the Lexus Grand Am Race Car is ricey for having the Altezzas on the back?

1) They're not even real lights, they're painted on!

2) Just because its a Toyota doesn't mean all parts (especially exterior) are swappable. You wouldn't put Nissan Micra, Sentra, or Altima Tail-lights on your 240 would you? Mish-mosh parts from different models can end up looking quite "ricey" and with few exceptions, e.g. factory wheels?, probably shouldn't be done in good taste. Putting Altezzas on this race car would be ricey enough because this thing has nothing in common with Altezzas/RS200/IS300 as it is running a V8... unless of course you count TTE's IS430... but then again these lights are PAINTED on *ack*

lateRZ

PS: Technically the "compound" style tail-light did originate from Toyota, but the first model with these lights was the Supra, and then the Harrier/RX300. The Altezza/IS300 wasn't released until some years later.

Old 02-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #11
PhlypSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1nom3D
where's the video please????
Hopefully I didn't delete them! I've got one of the GR-1, I didn't look closely enough and thought it was just a Ford GT with a mirror/chrome paintjob. Lemme check my other machines.

lateRZ

Old 02-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #12
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Pink is right Riciness is a matter of opinion, however the more people that share that opinion the more "ricey" something really is.

Why do I think the Lexus Grand Am Race Car is ricey for having the Altezzas on the back?

1) They're not even real lights, they're painted on!

2) Just because its a Toyota doesn't mean all parts (especially exterior) are swappable. You wouldn't put Nissan Micra, Sentra, or Altima Tail-lights on your 240 would you? Mish-mosh parts from different models can end up looking quite "ricey" and with few exceptions, e.g. factory wheels?, probably shouldn't be done in good taste. Putting Altezzas on this race car would be ricey enough because this thing has nothing in common with Altezzas/RS200/IS300 as it is running a V8... unless of course you count TTE's IS430... but then again these lights are PAINTED on *ack*

lateRZ

PS: Technically the "compound" style tail-light did originate from Toyota, but the first model with these lights was the Supra, and then the Harrier/RX300. The Altezza/IS300 wasn't released until some years later.
you got the wrong idea, i didn't mean swapping lights... i'm talking about the style. hell, they're the ones making the lights... if it's on the car from factory, it's there! what can you do about it? and i know you didn't say using sentra lights on my 240... first of all, as far as styling, it's just plain red and amber, both of those cars... so what are you trying to say?? and btw, a lot of those high end race cars have painted on lights... look at nascar for instance, it's the race spec, what can you do about it. it's not like it's a car you drive on the streets at night! so okay, you did your research, it was the supra, still, toyota... look on the supra, was it chrome? i think it was more black chrome, or something... but anyway, other companies started making copy-cats AFTER the altezza came out with it, hense the name altezza lights... compound with chrome inside. so.... from your point of view, maybe corvettes have semi trailer taillights?? look man, don't take it to the heart, i'm not attacking you, i'm just saying, who cares what it has on there, it's got balls, it's a race car made by toyota. and ricey stuff? man, even people in japan are into the fast and the furious stuff. so now that they're doing that too, is it okay to call it jdm?? you don't have to answer that... this is just my opinion, and everybody has their own opinion. so hey, don't worry about it. i give you credit for the research. at least you're not out here posting bs like some people do.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #13
PhlypSide

X1nom3D: No hard feelings

Just remember the Harrier also came out before the Altezza and the painted tail-lights should at least be from an SC430, LS430, or GS430 as that is where the motor in that car comes from... then again with NASCAR logic there are such things as Ford Taurus coupes bahaha.

And here's the video of the Shelby GR-1:

Please right-click and Save-As. Then rename to .WMV and open... basically do not stream this from the server please!
http://www.freebmw.net/wrbgga/jgtca/...bygr-1.wmv.zip

lateRZ

Last edited by PhlypSide; 02-27-2005 at 11:03 PM..
Old 02-28-2005, 08:40 PM   #14
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

all right thanx for the link... i'll check it out later. peace.