Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
CKAMC
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
From KA to RB?

This thread is for those that went from KA to RB.

Well I am considering gettin either an rb20 or 25 and was wondering how the weight distrobution is affected in the car and how it feels when you go out to the track with the new weight distrobution setup and try ohhh drifting or auto x. I would like to try and keep the current "feel" of my car but would like the greatness that the rb is offering.

I am going to see daily driving with the car as well so would there also be any disadvantages to having the swap with the daily use?

I am considering if weight creates an issue that I may try to lighten the from with some CF items and relocate items further away from the front and aim as far back as possible. May even get some subs in the back to add some weight to try and help lean to as close as I can get to 50/50 weight distro.

Yes I know how much it costs but I do not care its my money
Old 08-26-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
relocate your battery to the trunk and call it a day. Most of the weight from an RB is from the tranny which is pretty much in the center of the car anyway, so weight distribution is not really thrown off as much as everybody swears it is. Check out www.nicoclub.com and do a search there. Their RB forum is very informative.

EDIT: Since i'm the fantabulous guy that i am, hahaha, but more because i'm bored as hell at work, here's the link to the forum - http://forums.nicoclub.com/zeroforum?id=44

Click the RB section and have at it! Good luck!
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #3
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
I guess I need to be on nico more.... anyone with experience tho care to chim in just so I can hear some stories and what not...im bored at work as well
Old 08-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #4
.::SR20_240::.
BANNED

.::SR20_240::. is on the path to ruin.::SR20_240::. is on the path to ruin
Send a message via AIM to .::SR20_240::.
man the rb weighs about 200-300 lbs more then ur KA. if you want lil to no change but want the power jus go sr20, the rb add's some weight and may throw it off a bit but its easly somethign to get used to. you may see ur self with a lil understeer at times where you didn't before cuz of the weight. but its not as bad as some make it out to be. daily driving is like usual. may be a lil louder cuz its going through a turbo but feel is prolly better then before. the choice is yours.
.::SR20_240::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
[QUOTE=.::SR20_240::.]man the rb weighs about 200-300 lbs more then ur KA. if you want lil to no change but want the power jus go sr20, the rb add's some weight and may throw it off a bit but its easly somethign to get used to. you may see ur self with a lil understeer at times where you didn't before cuz of the weight. but its not as bad as some make it out to be. daily driving is like usual. may be a lil louder cuz its going through a turbo but feel is prolly better then before. the choice is yours.[/QUOTE
actually the RB is around 150 lbs more. Which some of the weight is in the tranny because it is beefier and that is in the center of the car. which would not affect handling adversley if at all.
I know several people with track s13's and s14's none of them complain of understeer. In fact one friends track S14 is one of the most well balanced and handling s14 I have seen. Drifting? look no further than Slide Squad Mark who has been daily driving and drifting a RB25 powered S13 coupe for over a year now.
I know in test driving my S13 I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it felt. Granted I have not pushed it really hard yet cause we are still finishing up some tweaks on the car. Oh and I have 9-10kG/mm coils on the front as well

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
CKAMC
Post Whore!

Went and test drove an s13 coupe with an rb20 and I like I like I LIKE! Looking at grabbing one piece by piece till the single slammer dies out on me.