Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Europe

Europe A place for our cousins from across the pond

Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
s2k05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
s2k05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rhd 180sx wiring question for guys in europe....

I am in the states and I picked up a partially done rhd conversion car. It was supposed to be ready to be put together, just had to put the interior and chassis harness in and put the dash on and there you go! But unfortunately that isn't the case. But, apparently the guy ordered an incorrect harness for the car and now I have an issue I can't figure out.

From what I can gather from reading fsm's and what not. The harness he has is not a jdm harness but rather a european one. There is a big black plug on the passenger side under the dash that connects the chassis harness to the interior harness. I have another rhd interior harness that is jdm, but of course it doesn't have this plug on the passenger side that connects the 2 harnesses like the european one does. My question is can someone tell me what wires are included in this so I can bypass it and rewire it to the jdm harness. Or if someone has a pinout that would a BIG help.....Really what I need to know though is what color wire does what on the plug, that way I can run it to the spot it should be at on the jdm harness.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me! I hope I haven't confused you guys with my rambling!!
s2k05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
snags
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
snags is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i happen to have a 180sx with the dash removed in my garage haha. can you be more specific? i can take a pic for you
snags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
s2k05
Zilvia Member

Oh the passenger side right where the chassis harness comes through the firewall there is a black plug that connects that harness to the one inside the car. I need to know what those wires are for....I will go take a picture of the plug and post it in a second.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
s2k05
Zilvia Member

Ok here are the pictures.....its gonna look a bit different....I don't have any blower motor, evap core, or heater core boxes in it at the moment. But you should be able to see which plug in I am talking about....

Thanks for any help you can give me in advance!