Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:32 AM   #31
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxUSA View Post
Thats what alot of the drivers/companies/teams in Japan are thinking.....Another big issue is that a lot of Japanese drivers are coming the U.S. to drift, but they aren't getting the points they deserve, most likely to make it "fair" for the American drivers. Maybe Formula D is afraid of a swarm of Japanese drivers taking over the series (and possibly upsetting all the domestic companies, i.e. Mopar, Ford, etc)

This is yet another reason why Formula D fails so hard. I hated it when they first started this shit pile of a series years ago and i hate it even more today. Shitty looking cars, shitty ride heights, shitty rules, Mopar...legit drift series?.....

Get serious.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2008, 04:19 AM   #32
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
and thats why drifting wont become as big as american and european sports :/

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #33
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
KasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
drifting as a competition is fine, rules and guidlines understandable. a grass route hobby has turned into a $$$ making machine. u have mopar, ford racing, sears(as shown below), all wanting a part of it. theres prob going to be some BS with the rule book b/c FD THINKS THAT EVERYONE COMES TO SEE THE BIG NAMES. money drives the industry but it makes it grow. all you see and hear about are the big names anyways. the jap guys that couldnt make it in D1 japan are try'n there luck out here. and of course the already established Japanese guys will proly always have a place in the top 32/16 places.

i took this pic at road atl march of 06 i think

= = = = $$$$$$

P.S it will proly get worse b4 it gets better
KasperSlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #34
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
^it will definatly get worse before it gets better. this new "suspension" rule is just so disapointing. In a series thats already plagued with rumors and opinions of Bias and favortism judgeing. A rule thats basically totally up to the Formula D staff to decide is that much more lame.

it must be so disheartening to any team other than the big american company sponsored vehicles. your at the whim of somebody who is gonna use the rule book to shape the series like a reality show producer.

Just hope before it gets better, the "worse" doesnt bury the sport. I dont know to many people at the track that actually go and watch formula D anymore. Hell, I can get media passes and sit with my Nikon on the K rail and be 20 feet from the car, and I still don't go anymore.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #35
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
sigh, WE NEED an MSC over here.

D1 AND FD BORE the fuck out of me.

but keep fd and d1 alive also.. so an msc can flourish with coolness.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #36
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
formula d is a joke
nascar of drifting..

do i really want to see a scion tc drifting? no

just make the cars look cool so they can make good pictures. thats all i care about
Full-Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #37
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSexy180 View Post
sigh, WE NEED an MSC over here.

D1 AND FD BORE the fuck out of me.

but keep fd and d1 alive also.. so an msc can flourish with coolness.

Fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! + rep
MSC is fucking the best drifting to watch hands down! And its nice to know that they are just enthusiest that go absolutely balls out! And their rides are either mildly modified or just perfect with mods! No home depot and circuit city banners or tire flys or anything gay at all!
I just wish that east coast drift alliance would pull out of formula d and compete in something else because they are the shit and the only reason i go to terrible events.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTAJYAYg-PI[/ame]
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #38
Shawn shawn

Shawn shawn will become famous soon enoughShawn shawn will become famous soon enoughShawn shawn will become famous soon enoughShawn shawn will become famous soon enoughShawn shawn will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shawn shawn
NOPI could have been our MSC... but they are NOPI and put their touch on it instead of letting people that drift and love drifting run it.
Shawn shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #39
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
flameflameflameangerangerangerhatehatehate.

...i just wanted to fit in. HAHA.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #40
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Fuck FD.

I've always said that from day 1. Typical American bullshit, taking something cool and commercializing and ruining the fuck out of it.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #41
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
I just have a huge problem supporting a racing circuit where you actually get penalized for passing the car in front of you... I mean seriously... Name me any other racing circuit where you get penalized for being faster than the other guy....

At least at D1 you were expected to have a huge chunk of modifications to your car. It was also a little more friendly to independent racers. You could still race and be nobody. Yes it was bias, but consider the style of racing you're doing is all going to be based on judging. There are no quantitative results from drifting that you can write down on a score sheet. Its a showy style. Show by definition is going to incur bias. Hell, when I was competing marching band in high school, our school got marked down because we didn't tape our drum sticks hot pink...

D1 was based on clipping points, tire smoke, entry and exit speed, degree of rotation and control. Out of all that, clipping points and speed are the only things on there that are quantitative, and even then, you have some punk ass volunteer, who sits there picking his ass the whole time, responsible for throwing up a flag if the driver actually touches the flag. Not to mention the guy in charge of those punk ass volunteers (head of the track crew) is horrendously bias towards certain drivers and brings his politics into play at every chance he gets. Couple drivers ended up getting screwed over politics like that this past year. And yes, I was one of those volunteers, I know first hand how shady and underhanded that bastard is.
StaticX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:01 AM   #42
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I miss old school FD... You guys remeber Like 04 and 05 when it was pretty much S13s,S14s, and AE86's running the series with the occasional Z33 or GTO. Back then the drivers tore it up because they loved to drift. Now they're doing it for the money. The guys who do run in FD because they love to drift are the ones who are always getting shafted by the big names.

I started to hate FD when in 06 i think it was when Taka Aono in his AE86 ran with Samuel hubinette in his viper and they went to 4 one more times before Taka's car over heated hardcore so they let Sam move on. My argument was that a 160hp corolla hung with a 600hp viper that's 20 years newer. After that event my taste for FD has gone down hill.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #43
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
lol. formula d.

that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #44
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
when shit gets to the US we try to make it one step better. fucking rules. what is this? Sprint Cup? Nascar?

Drift and let that be the end of it, fuck the rules.

/thread
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #45
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
To me drifting was never about the drifting itself, I could care less who won and who lost.
There could be some super slow broke down FC that blew up halfway down the course and lost, but all I saw was aero touching ground, big wheels tucking, dirt drop and bumper flying off, and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever.
I only enjoy looking at pictures of pretty cars drifting.
To me drifting used to equal amazing looking cars being driven.
Now there are no pretty cars in professional drifting, so I can care less about it. I still don't see the point of building up drift cars as if they are race cars, people throw 50K$ into a car that could do the same thing with 5K$ in it, and they still manage to make it look ugly, because nowadays "real" drift cars are all about "functionality" and "performance."
Too many rules ruin everything.
Drift for fun, drift your rusted Corolla with 15x10's, your beat up S13 with broken aero, as long as you're having fun that's what real drifting is.

Last edited by Matej; 07-05-2008 at 05:33 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #46
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
formula d is the anti-poon
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #47
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
ive brought it up once, ill bring it up again

The bullshit I watched when rhys millen pitched a hissy fit and demanded he get a rerun because a water cooler spilled over and ran onto the track causing him to "spin"

Watching people down a run completely grip the 1st, 2nd corners to "pull away or catch up" so they could win simply because they stayed on their ass or pulled away from them

people diving into with little or no angle just to pass the driver up front for a guaranteed win

FD is complete garbage, there is nothing representing the sport of drifting anymore in my opinion. the biggest team wioth the biggest written check will flourish and leave the grassroot/privateers nowhere to go. Im not even gonna get started on NOPI.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #48
azndoc
Post Whore!

azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Hence why ASB rocks.

Drifting at its most basic foundation.

Having fun with friends while driving your car.

Done and done.

Competition is cool and all, but seems like there's too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #49
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Hence why ASB rocks.

Drifting at its most basic foundation.

Having fun with friends while driving your car.

Done and done.

Competition is cool and all, but seems like there's too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
I would attend ASB before any level of judged drifting
Old 07-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #50
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
By the way what happened to Pawlak's car, the last remaining Formula D car I liked?

How did it go from cream color with awesome wheels and fitment...

...to typical Formula D look, with slightly better than average height and fitment?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #51
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

too plain for FD I guess
Old 07-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #52
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
its called sponsor money.

you have to be functional for competition if you want those dollars to keep rolling in. JTP's car still isnt bad at all. his car rocks, it just needs o stop blowing up all the time

all this talk about how formula D sucks is retarded. Formula D tries as hard as they can to get away from the D1"scripted" drifting, and nopi's joke of a series

in our teams dealing with Formula D it has all been professional for many months, up until now. just recently they started ignoring our teams request for approval on our current suspension setup. stating that it wasent pre-approved before the season started and therefore needs to go back to our OEM configuration of 2 bolt suspension instead of our current nissan laurel 3 bolt suspension we hold no grudge against formula D. and seeing as it is the only real USA drifting series we will stand behind them even as this issue continues
Old 07-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #53
azndoc
Post Whore!

azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Dude Matej JTP's car still looks sick.

Maybe it's the blue.

I like the graphics too.

Still very nice.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #54
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
wasn't it green before too?

looked sick when (if) it was green
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #55
azndoc
Post Whore!

It was green before.

Sure the champagn looked the best, but whatever.

Blue is so 2008.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #56
driftnslide

driftnslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/04/d...a-d-rule-book/

Chevrolet Corvettes have converted from leaf springs to coilovers. .
which corvettes are running with leaf springs. they havent done that for a really really really long time. how come nobody mentioned the suspention done to the mustangs going from leafs to coilovers?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #57
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
the corvette that competes in formula D cam from the factory with leaf springs, it now has coilovers
Old 07-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #58
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
wasn't this his car

so sick

lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #59
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
You know who could build you a car like no other,

Harry Hogge

who ever gets him on thier team is gonna win!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #60
ericcastro
Post Whore!