Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
evilshark91

Trader Rating: (0)
evilshark91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ka24de starting difficulties

Hey guys, I got my second s13 here a few months back from a kid who had no idea what he was doing. So I spent a chunk of money replacing parts and doing minor work here and there. Now that its done im trying to get it road worthy. This is where the fun starts. Starting the car is difficult. I usually have to give it some gas so it'll stay running at first then its fine. Now the kicker is it'll only start when the valve cover tube is unplugged from the intake pipe. With it in the car wont start period. When I start it with it out the idle is higher than normal and I put it back in the idle normalizes then the car bogs and dies. And when I manage to drive it there is no power. So im left puzzled. Here's a list of what ive done.
new fuel injectors
new fuel filter
new TPS (adjusted properly)
New dizzy cap and rotor
new plugs and wires
new knock sensor
new coolant temp sensor
added three heavy duty grounds and cleaned all stock grounds in engine bay and in the cabin
new PCV valve
capped off any un used vacuum lines and removed emissons crap
blocked of egr
cleaned MAF sensor
timed as close to perfect as possible
Theres no smoke coming from the exhaust unless you rev it up to 4 or 5 grand then theres a small whisp of it.

Im out of ideas. All I can think would be bad fuel pump, or bad piston rings. But with the valve cover tube thing i have no idea. And help would be appreciated! Thanks!
evilshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
evilshark91

Trader Rating: (0)
evilshark91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Today I sprayed a ton of carb cleaner in the IACV tube that goes to the intake. I was able to plug in the valve cover tube and the car stayed running fine. Still wouldnt start with it plugged in. After a bit plugging tje tube back in with it running would kill the car. So now im thinking it may be something with the IACV
evilshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
kruked is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
I'm wondering if there is some type of wiring that has a bad circuit by the tube and when you're pulling the tube off, it's jolting crap.