Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Wanted to Buy

Wanted to Buy Post your needs and wants here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
notaroadrunner

Trader Rating: (0)
notaroadrunner is making his/her stupidity well-knownnotaroadrunner is making his/her stupidity well-knownnotaroadrunner is making his/her stupidity well-knownnotaroadrunner is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wanted intercooler for sr13

used a low priced would be nice
hopefully it will add some power
I do not have a turbo>

ok
over and out.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
lol it wont add any power sorry. ha ha

Review Thread
Old 05-31-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
notaroadrunner

notaroadrunner is making his/her stupidity well-knownnotaroadrunner is making his/her stupidity well-knownnotaroadrunner is making his/her stupidity well-knownnotaroadrunner is making his/her stupidity well-known
yea everyone says that But I just talked with a racing professional who says it does. This guy raced in the offroad baja 500.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
vutony
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (145)
vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 145 reviews
are u plannin to boost on hopes and dreams
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
WTF, you want a intercooler but you have no turbo.

So your wasting money for looks then?

Dude you soo.... failed at life.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
azndoc
Post Whore!

azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by vutony View Post
are u plannin to boost on hopes and dreams
LOlz I just saw that after I posted. Tony your too funny dude.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
notaroadrunner

I trust the pro racer/mechanic,cooler air bro/mas power.
Yes yo do not need a turbo look at ferrari's,bmw's etc..most are not turbos and have intercooler-why then.?
catback,and air intakes to little and I do not want to spend over $400,and never get back the cash that not dollar wise to me.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:19 PM   #8
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by notaroadrunner View Post
Yes yo do not need a turbo look at ferrari's,bmw's etc..most are not turbos and have intercooler-why then.?
catback,and air intakes to little and I do not want to spend over $400,and never get back the cash that not dollar wise to me.
lol then by all means buy my Friend's Greddy FMIC kit. he has it for sale. not even 500 miles on it. with HKS SSQV BOV and everything i believe he wants 800$ for it. and it's greddy!

Review Thread
Old 05-31-2007, 05:22 PM   #9
azndoc
Post Whore!

I mean I understand what your trying to do.

But seems like it would be easier if you just bought a cold air intake or fab one yourself. That would save you even more money.

GL
Old 05-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #10
notaroadrunner

-team Primer,(get that car painted eh)
yes I already did the minor usual items to enhance like air intake,catback etc,
they added a little boost but Iam not impressed. Often we have do to a little different to add boost, hell it works.
why not.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
They call it an interfooler.

And if you want to get "technical", the benefits of the cooler air is offset by diminished throttle response - refer to many discussions of cold air intake (real cold air) vs short ram.

You are most likely going to be staying MAF setup; now w/ an intercooler in there, there is more space to fill up from when the MAF takes a reading to the air actually getting into the engine & mixing w/ the fuel.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #12
azndoc
Post Whore!

Quote:
-team Primer,(get that car painted eh)
You talking to me about my car? I'm not the one asking stupid noobie questions on here. And yes it's waiting for a paint job, but I'm still working on the body work. I don't mod and not drive. Nor is it a garage queen.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #13
notaroadrunner

More power and Torque Power and torque of an engine are directly proportional to the amount of air entering the combustion chamber if mixed with the right amount of fuel.
By lowering the charge air temperature with an intercooler it results in a higher mass of air entering the combustion chamber. This will give an increase in power and torque if the vehicle is tuned correctly. A good intercooler package can increase the power by as much as 30% when fitted to a non-intercooled turbo vehicle.

Better fuel consumption An intercooled vehicle will always outperform the same non-intercooled vehicle in the fuel consumption stakes. Reason being better efficiency caused by extra power and torque for the same engine capacity and lower operating temperatures that will result in less friction.
Perhaps we all have been fooled, I believe though.
and once again why do exotic no turbo cars have intercoolers then.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:20 PM   #14
zackt69
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zackt69 is making a name for him/her selfzackt69 is making a name for him/her selfzackt69 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Exotic, no turbo cars are built to perform... your non-turbo'd 4 cylinder is not. Exotic, no turbo cars are designed and engineered to utilize the intercooler, and again your non-turbo'd 4 cylinder is not. I will bet that you will not see anywhere near a 30% increase in power with an intercooler on a stock or even mildly tuned non turbo'd s13-s15... but hey, it's your money and it'll sure look cool
Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #15
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Where are you getting that info from? post your references. Most likely from a site selling you something...

The vornado also claims it saves you 10%+ on gas mileage & increases HP & torque...

A couple of my friends have run intercooler setups prior to turboing for a little while because they were daily drivers. You definitely don't gain any power. There's a real life example for you - non of this b.s. "theory" crap.

You can believe what you want, I'm done trying to convince you. Noobs these days...
Old 05-31-2007, 06:23 PM   #16
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
First off, the Nissan 240sx is not an exotic sports car. Now, with that being said, it seems to me that you would sacrifice some power by adding all that extra surface area to your intake tract. It is negated in a turbo set-up, because the air is being forced along the route.

I would be interested to see pictures of these cars that have intercoolers and no forced induction. I can only assume that they are being used on mid engine cars with sophisticated ducting to help aid is the forcing of air along the intake tract. I am also assuming they are on mid-engine cars where they would better cooling since they do not have the typical airflow of a front mounted engine.

This is all just speculation on my part. I am by no means a race car builder. Please, enlighten us on what you have been told.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #17
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
yes please....i have never ever seen an intercooled ferrari nor lamboghini that wasbt either super or turbo charged. like thatguy i am not a race car builder or tech or designer...but if i'm not mistaken baja trucks might use because they both rev to like 11.5, and are running nonstop for like 500 miles in ridiculous weather. so being that those motor are probably really compression they would have enough power to sacrifice from the power loss you get when adding an intercooler....save your money buy headers, and cams...get higher compression pistons, built internals...and you'll have more power...just trying to give some other tested and proven options.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #18
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dude, don't listen to anyone here but me.

Go out and buy the biggest thickest ARC intercooler you can find (like for GT-R application) and bolt it on. You'll become faster than turbo cars (but nobody will admit to it).

If you decide you want to get rid of it let me know, I'll give you $50 for it.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #19
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

And just to finish things off...

On a practical stand point. Look what an intercooler is doing: making the intake charge cooler. Keep in mind, it can only cool it at VERY BEST efficiency to the outside temperature. The reason why intercoolers are so helpful in turbo applications is because the intake charge from the turbo can get very hot.

Now on an n/a car... why not just put a filter out to the outside air (i.e. traditional cold air intake)? Having an intercooler will NEVER bring the air colder than the air outside of it.

Now, take a second and absorb all that common sense information. Think about it. You will realize an intercooler provides no benefits...

Colder denser air? Like I said, put a damn air filter w/ cold ram intake to the "outside" of the engine bay (i.e. Injen Cold Air Intake kit w/ cold air extension). Adding a million intercoolers will NOT make the air any colder. Intercoolers aren't refrigerators, they cool the air inside the pipe w/ the air outside the pipe. It would be useless in your n/a applications since the air outside = air inside unless you are a dumbass and put the air filter next to the exhaust manifold...

That's about as clear as I can make it...
Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

And since this is a WTB thread - I have a stock sr20 intercooler core (no outlet/inlet pipes - might be able to find them) for $60 shipped.

And from yahoo answers putting it in lameman's terms for you:

source:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...=1005120803394

"You can install anything you want. The real question should be: Will intercooling help performance of a non-turbo car. The reason for the intercooler is to decrease the temperature of the forced air generated by the turbo. Consider the fact that it is compressed air generated by hot exhaust gases which turn the vane in the turbo. By cooling the air generated by the turbo, you can increase the power capability. You can research air/air intercoolers and even water/ice/air intercoolers on yahoo search.

To answer your question, yes you could install one but you would likely see no performance gain and maybe even a drop. This is due to the additional volume added to the intake tract by the piping and intercooler itself. Your best bet is a cold air intake which you can buy from most any aftermarket parts place."
Old 05-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #21
azndoc
Post Whore!

Well well you see I'm not the only on here who seems to think your a retard. Thank you come again.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:41 PM   #22
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I would be interested to see pictures of these cars that have intercoolers and no forced induction.

Not exactly an intercooler, but front mount cold intake - first thing I thought about when reading the thread
Old 05-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #23
azndoc
Post Whore!

Yeah one of my customers had that on his car. The most F&F mod ever. I took it off for him asap. Perhaps the OP meant to go to a honda forum and accidently stumbled onto Zilvia.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #24
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeAs240sx View Post
They call it an interfooler.

And if you want to get "technical", the benefits of the cooler air is offset by diminished throttle response - refer to many discussions of cold air intake (real cold air) vs short ram.

You are most likely going to be staying MAF setup; now w/ an intercooler in there, there is more space to fill up from when the MAF takes a reading to the air actually getting into the engine & mixing w/ the fuel.

^ +1 I think what you're looking for is called an INTERFOOLER

Old 05-31-2007, 08:01 PM   #25
notaroadrunner

thanks all.
headers would put me in a different race category but would be great,but I have to stay mostly stock otherwise compete with mopars which is deadly.
My 240 is already the slowest in the race club Iam just trying to bring it up to par.

s13coupe luv- good info thanks.Now your talking.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #26
RedlineRacer
Zilvia FREAK!

RedlineRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to RedlineRacer Send a message via AIM to RedlineRacer
Hahaha!! Two threads and he already has a shit load of negative rep!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #27
bardabe
Post Whore!

lol so you don;t want my friend greddy FMIC? it;s pretty new! will add atleast 40HP if you crank up the boost then it will only get better.... wait you;re N/A. crap. lol

Review Thread
Old 06-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #28
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
First of all, the interfooler is no longer sold. THEY SUCKED. And i don't mean air.

NOTAROADRUNNER- What kind of racing do you do? If headers are category breakers, then so would your intake. Also, keep in mind, that you will not teach anyone here anything new. Don't take offence to it. The 240 world is one that has spanded the length of the world. The US is the last to get into them. If there was any value to your plan, someone would have thought of it in Japan on the the non turbo SR, UK on their versions CA or SR, Aust on their 200sx's, or even Canada. As a person that is new on this forum, do not insult peoples cars. Especially members with over 1000 posts and such a good rep with the community.

Please take into account, that longer piping= slower response. Something that might help, is a write-up somewhere on extending the MAF wires, and keeping the intake on the passanger side of the engine bay.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #29
notaroadrunner

Cams and pistons was a good idea someone submitted before. thanks.
Bardabe-No intercoolers for 800 bukos,thanks(rip) 100 more like it,find another sucker.
Maxstyle exactly many get got up in their ways and believe anything different is wrong. Just because I have not been on this site means nothing.Yes headers are a serious upgrade that would put me in a non stock class,air intakes,chips,exhausts do not upgrade the class. Here are the classifications and results from last race for you to review.

Pro Street Winner: John Cy
1970 Ford Mustang, RT .655, ET 6.004@114 MPH
Super Street Winner: Don Whitt
2005 Ford Mustang, RT .681, ET [email protected] MPH
Fast Street Winner: Jon Iin
1996 Honda Civic, RT .588, ET [email protected] MPH
Fast Street Runner Up: Randy Sedan
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse, RT .680, ET [email protected] MPH
Street Stock Winner: Nick Mill
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS, RT .590, ET [email protected] MPH
Street Stock Runner Up: Krystoffer W
2002 Ford Focus, RT .682, ET [email protected] MPH
Motorcycle Winner: Joe Silva
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa, RT .694, ET [email protected] MPH
Old 06-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #30
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Here you go man take this guy's advice:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=100_1939.flv
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=100_1940.flv
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=100_1941.flv

Custom supercharger out of a mitsubishi turbo ftw.

Closed Thread