Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Wanted to Buy

Wanted to Buy Post your needs and wants here.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
S13 nOOb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
S13 nOOb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
OEM SR Manifold w/ KA Flanges

Going sleeper ka-t and would like to keep everything as stock looking as possible.

If anyone has an oem sr20det manifold for a t25 with ka24de flanges welded to it, please send me a pm. OEM heat shield would be nice to have, but not necessary.

Thanks,
Aaron
S13 nOOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Never seen this...and I doubt it would be worth the work
ONly thing I have seen with the SR mani on the KA is making it a top mount and drilling out holes...again alot of costly custom work when you can just buy aftermarket mani for $100...and how would you have a sleeper turbo car..there is the BOV sound and not to mention the huge FMIC..and then if you poped the hood what about all the extra piping your going to have...sorry man hate to kill your dream on this.
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Its been done before. Theres a thread on this forum with a bunch of pics. He probably wouldnt have an fmic if he'd be going for a sleeper look and obviosuly the side mount setup maybe keeping the stock bov too.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Just seems like alot of work to try and hide something and still get your doors blown off...unless your racing stock hondas/mustangs or something...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
A shop is recommending a cheap piece of shit ebay/china manifold for a build? The fuck....

Anyways, here's the thread over on KA-T.org:
www.ka-t.org :: View topic - A KA24DE-T'ers california dream manifold

And on a side note, since when has the majority of members on zilvia cared about drag racing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS Performance View Post
Just seems like alot of work to try and hide something and still get your doors blown off...unless your racing stock hondas/mustangs or something...
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
daily missile
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
daily missile is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have kat manifold and sr top mount manifold that has cracks. make you a deal on both?
daily missile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I am tyring to save home time and money..on the cheap manifold ask you have to do is brace them from cracking...I would go for the better stuff to but obviously he doesn't want to spend alot..take it as you will
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Better idea. Get a log style manifold, like the jgs one, then just put an oem heat shield over it.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
ronny.jpn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ronny.jpn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Never seen this...and I doubt it would be worth the work
ONly thing I have seen with the SR mani on the KA is making it a top mount and drilling out holes...again alot of costly custom work when you can just buy aftermarket mani for $100...and how would you have a sleeper turbo car..there is the BOV sound and not to mention the huge FMIC..and then if you poped the hood what about all the extra piping your going to have...sorry man hate to kill your dream on this.
Um don't run a BOV... Duh. Sidemount intercooler from and SR with the stock SR piping.

Pop the hood, there's ways to make it look stock, but not look stock to a Nissan guy that knows a KA is an NA motor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
ronny.jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #10
s13mikesr20
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
s13mikesr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Buy a cast from gsp I got one on my Sr no cracks whatsoever and it looks stock underneath my 35r which isn't lols
s13mikesr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
s13mikesr20
Nissanaholic!

NISSAN S13 S14 240SX KA24DE T3 / T4 FLANGE CAST MANIFOLD
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #12
s13mikesr20
Nissanaholic!

Don't get a tubular manifold please unless its full race or equivalent It will crack on u
Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 AM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13mikesr20 View Post
Don't get a tubular manifold please unless its full race or equivalent It will crack on u
completely disagree. if the design of the manifold is solid and its properly braced, there is no reason it should crack. the majority of the problem is when the manifold does not have a brace between the flange where it attaches to the head and the flange where it bolts to the turbo.

i've been using the same "t-pros" brand tubular manifold i got off ebay for 8 years with no issues, but it is properly braced.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
S13 nOOb
Leaky Injector

Quote:

If I cared about that I wouldn't be building a t25 set up on a stock motor and would be investing in something more. I don't drag race as I find it pointless. People in my area do mountain driving, not drag racing. I'm doing a simple stock looking set up cause it'll be enough to keep me satisfied since I'm still finishing classes for my degree and I have to pay outta pocket so it takes majority of my funds.

Plus my area is full of nothing but honda kids. I've already had some ask me if my motor was an SR when it's clearly a KA.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Unless you weld and fabricate yourself getting I/C piping, down piping fabbed up is not going to be cheap as nobody makes a bolt on deal for the KA with t25 / SR manifold...All I am saying is your trying to save money the wrong way here...You can do things on the cheap but you get what you pay for...I just dont get the whole sleeper thing ...I think everyone has seen the F&F videos by now LMAO.......J/K
Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Unless you weld and fabricate yourself getting I/C piping, down piping fabbed up is not going to be cheap as nobody makes a bolt on deal for the KA with t25 / SR manifold...All I am saying is your trying to save money the wrong way here...You can do things on the cheap but you get what you pay for...I just dont get the whole sleeper thing ...I think everyone has seen the F&F videos by now LMAO.......J/K
Wat.

With a stock SR manifold, O2 housing and a extended downpipe it all bolts up, not to mention S13sr front mount and side mount piping will bolt up to a KA.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Wat.

With a stock SR manifold, O2 housing and a extended downpipe it all bolts up, not to mention S13sr front mount and side mount piping will bolt up to a KA.
I would think the O2 housing would hit the transmission and the turbo would hit the brake booster hardlines...I could be wrong...
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
S13 nOOb
Leaky Injector

Quote:

I've actually installed a sr t25 set up on a friend's S13 so I know all about needing the downpipe extended, but I have no clue where you get I need i/c piping fabbed. I've stated I'm doing a sleeper look, and a S13 smic set up fits perfectly. An aftermarket manifold does come darn close to the brake lines, which is why a shield should be fabbed. However, if you look at those that do the stock sr manifold w/ka flanges mod, the manifold perfectly clears the brake lines and lets you use the stock sr heat shield. The stock elbow cleared just fine, but an aftermarket elbow had about a paper thin clearance.

I mean if it's that big of a deal I'll just get my friend's megan manifold he used since he isn't using it anymore, buy new gaskets and studs/nuts , fab up a shield for the brake lines and just use that instead. I just like the look of a stock-ish set up personally, especially since it'll never go past 7-8psi.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #19
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Just put a ls1 in there and tell them its a KA with a full exhaust...lmao
Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #20
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
actually it's pretty easy to do if you're experienced and know what you're doing and i offer the service, having done them for another member who is very happy.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #21
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

That's got to cost at least $150...
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #22
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I would think the O2 housing would hit the transmission and the turbo would hit the brake booster hardlines...I could be wrong...
Seeing as it's a common setup I would say that you are wrong.

Quote:
That's got to cost at least $150...
So for 150 dollars you get a OEM cast manifold or for 100 you can get ebay/china junk.

JDS Performance, don't take this to heart but I don't know if there are multiple people posting from your account but this thread is making it seem like you guys have the mechanical skill set of a novice. Suggesting going with a ebay manifold, talking about drag racing and generally have no clue about a very common KA-T setup. I mean you guys are plastering all over zilvia that you offer quality OEM turbo rebuilds and other services but yet you guys post garbage replies like the above posts. Either tell these kids to get off your zilvia account or I'm genuinely afraid for your customers.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Again take it as you will your obviously reading wrong.
And as for a basic turbo setup this if not one...this is the cheap waste of time way that will be redone in a fee months if it even makes it to completion.
As for the side mount your right I am novice as I have never and will never do one...yet another waste of time and money.
As for me and my endeavors..we do great and have very happy customers.
But who am I to talk and what do I know I have only be doing it for the past ten years
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #24
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I will go ahead and be the man I am and say sorry for this getting out of hand. My intentions were good with a little razzing for the whole "sleeper" deal.
Was just trying to say (in aparently the wrong way) do it right the first time..

Sorry again... enjoy your turboing...
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #25
S13 nOOb
Leaky Injector

Quote:
And as for a basic turbo setup this if not one...this is the cheap waste of time way that will be redone in a fee months if it even makes it to completion.
As for the side mount your right I am novice as I have never and will never do one...yet another waste of time and money.
what may seem cheap and a waste of time for you isn't going to seem so to others. as I've said before, I'm on a budget due to paying for school on my own and building a t25 set up is within that budget. you keep looking at this as if i'm going to be building for power, when I'm only looking for a fun dd build and nothing more. no drag racing, no 700whp build, etc.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Just said I was sorry dont be so hard on an old guy....
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
If I were building a ka-t basic Turbo kit I would only use the OEM manifold because it's reliable, flows plenty good, is affordable and looks stock. You can even run the stock heat shield. Granted I'm building a 500whp 1j but yeah haha. I lifetime warranty my work as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #28
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Not everyone aims for high horsepower builds. Most would actually be fairly happy with a basic KA-T setup. Cali being the most anal when it comes to engine mods that being sleeper does make more sense. I'm sure for anyone that have gotten REF tickets will understand. It's by no means a guarantee that you will get out of it but you will have better chances than others with SR, RB swaps or messed up looking KAT setup. As for the manifold welds for as long as its being done by someone with good knowledge and experience working on cast iron it will be fine. This is for using T2 framed turbos only anyways

My previous build which I no longer own still works just like it belongs there with no manifold or other issues. I had this for years before selling it. New Owner did have some accident but no issues relating to the KA-T setup.

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #29
S13 nOOb
Leaky Injector

^^^That right there is exactly how I want my set up to look.

Quote:
Just said I was sorry dont be so hard on an old guy....
No worries, you're good. Just reminding you that my goal isn't to have a crazy build. Just something simple.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #30
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 nOOb View Post
^^^That right there is exactly how I want my set up to look.

No worries, you're good. Just reminding you that my goal isn't to have a crazy build. Just something simple.
Since I have been such a nice guy and all hit me up when your ready for a t25 or t28 I have a few I will hook you up.