Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
SpuGen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SpuGen is making a name for him/her selfSpuGen is making a name for him/her selfSpuGen is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
SR swap / No spark / Relays?

Okay so..
Swapped my SR in.
I couldn't get it to crank, then noticed that I didn't put in the spade connector for the starter.
Fixed that

Now it just cranks, and doesn't turn over.
Pulled the fuel line, and tons of gas shoots out, so it's not the pump (even though the wiring I did for it is questionable.)
Compression sounds good.
Half the vac lines aren't done, but that shouldn't stop me from starting the car. Might run shitty, but it should start.
Pulled the spark plugs out, grounded it, and No spark. Only pulled #1 out, so I'm assuming the other ones don't work.

So..
I have Compression
Fuel
Air

No Spark.

Grounds on the back of the head and the coilpacks are on.. Not the alternator though (I have no idea where it goes) I think the battery isn't up to the job either.. but it's a brand new Genesis Compact battery from PDM-Racing. Halfway through, it nearly died attempting to crank. It might be gas flooding the cylinders though.

How do I check the coil packs?
Where do I stick the thingys in to test it?
Car need to be on, I'm assuming

How do I check the ignitor Chip?

I dont have pics at the moment, but the relay box (Battery side) doesn't have (IGN COIL) on the top left. Is this whats wrong?
The one that came with the SR has (IGN COIL) but the wires lead to nowhere.

I'm gonna go and assume that THIS is why my car wont start. If it is.. how would I wire that in?
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
TTrx7Pete
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
TTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her selfTTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her selfTTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 or S14?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Propaganda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Propaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
To check your coil packs, you look at the coil pack facing towards you and you stick the two things on the left and middle parts. It should come to around 1 ohm.

I forgot the way to check the ignitor chip, but it's in the FSM
Propaganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
SpuGen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SpuGen is making a name for him/her selfSpuGen is making a name for him/her selfSpuGen is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
S13.
I think I have the fuel lines backwards.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #5
MyLevinGTZ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
MyLevinGTZ has a spectacular aura aboutMyLevinGTZ has a spectacular aura aboutMyLevinGTZ has a spectacular aura aboutMyLevinGTZ has a spectacular aura aboutMyLevinGTZ has a spectacular aura aboutMyLevinGTZ has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
S13.
I think I have the fuel lines backwards.
what does that have to do with not having spark?

make sure you have +12v to the coilpacks and if not, to the ignitor. if not, check for power to the ECU.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
you sure you wired the coilpacks to work? blue/red wire?
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #7
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Look in the FSM it has Steps on checking CAS, Ignitor Chip, and Coil Packs
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:37 AM   #8
punkrico
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
punkrico is on the path to ruinpunkrico is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
is the dash harness pluged up if not thats your problem it has a main ign start wire its a orange wire and the ground of course is black
punkrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
dude, you sound like you have no idea what is going on. You meant to say you have fuel pressure but have you checked to see if the injectors are firing? Is your timing right? The car can also NOT start from enough vacuum leaks.

Stop trying to start the car without everything done....

For everyone else, this is a good example of how the SR20 is a beastly motor. Engineered to perfection then thrown into a 240sx chassis and half ass rigged to run. I literately feel bad for the SR's that go through this sorta install/ownership...

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote