Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Howie Felter Snatch
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Howie Felter Snatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Arrow Need Feedback on CUSCO/Kazama Engine Mounts!

Hello!

Looking to acquire at set of S13 Cusco/Kazama Engine Mounts very soon!

Anyone using these long-term have any issues with bolts rattling themselves loose over the course of owning them? I know how stiff they are, I've personally felt them and I know I want them.. I don't care about the interior buzzing/vibrating or whatever, looking forward to it.. I just need to know if they're going to rattle the bolts loose in my engine bay or cabin!

Any feedback helps! (And no I'm not interested in polyurethane mounts or what-not)

Last edited by Howie Felter Snatch; 02-02-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Howie Felter Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Lol. Cabin vibrates a lot
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Howie Felter Snatch
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Lol. Cabin vibrates a lot
Will it vibrate any hardware or bolts loose in my cabin?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
s14>integra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^ i have them and it does rattle a lot. But you can use them as a diagnostic tool cuz it will help you findout which bolts are loose cuz they will be on the floor. But i havent noticed any loose bolts yet, but i feel like all the important stuff has enough torque on it that it shouldnt rattle loose. So i say go for it!
s14>integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
The only bolts I have noticed coming loose on them are the nuts that hold the mounts to the front subframe, lol. I went to pull my engine out last fall and one of the nuts was completely gone. I might have been using the wrong kind of hardware or something, though.

Otherwise I like them- they do vibrate the rear view mirror and stuff, but it isn't that bad IMO. When I first got the car back on the road, my wife got in to go for a ride with me and just said, "Seriously?" when she felt the car idle, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
These are basically as close as you can get to running solid mountings without it being solid. You will get alot of vibration but so much that it will rattle the windows off your car. Hypnotik literally rattled his windshield off the car that it started leaking water into the cabin after running solid mounts.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Howie Felter Snatch
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
The only bolts I have noticed coming loose on them are the nuts that hold the mounts to the front subframe, lol. I went to pull my engine out last fall and one of the nuts was completely gone. I might have been using the wrong kind of hardware or something, though.

Otherwise I like them- they do vibrate the rear view mirror and stuff, but it isn't that bad IMO. When I first got the car back on the road, my wife got in to go for a ride with me and just said, "Seriously?" when she felt the car idle, lol.
Yeah! My mate had the same issue a few years back.. He just used a little blue loc-tite on the nuts and since then he hasn't had that issue reoccur in 4 years now

How did you get your wife to ride in your S13? She doesn't want to come anywhere near mine.. lol

Quote:
These are basically as close as you can get to running solid mountings without it being solid. You will get alot of vibration but so much that it will rattle the windows off your car. Hypnotik literally rattled his windshield off the car that it started leaking water into the cabin after running solid mounts.
Woooooooh Seriously!?! Was that from running Cusco/Kazama Engine Mounts?! Or was he using some solid billet stuff with no offset bolts/stud design? Can you verify what engine mounts he was using for that to happen?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
There is not much point to having mounts that stiff.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Came in here to say this.

I have a friend who has them in his S14 for 2 years now and he's 50/50 about them. He complains about the vibration but he likes the fact that it is a solid product.

I doubt that everybody using these mounts will have the same extreme problems. They are great for their intended purpose but there is really no use to having them be this stiff.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I have JGS rubber mounts and I like them a LOT and recommend them to everyone.

Application Specific Turbocharging Parts 240SX KA24 (D) E
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Howie Felter Snatch
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Well to be fair I'll civilly argue for why I believe that statement is inaccurate.. I strongly feel that there is defintely a ton of benefits for having these type of motor mounts.. Most of which I have personally experienced myself and can attest to them being true.

[1] They drop the motor down about 1/2" to 1" if I recall correctly. That helps a lot with the center of gravity.. The feeling is completely different driving my 180SX with NISMO Mounts and my mates 180SX with Cusco Mounts.. Our cars are set-up 95% identically, so I know it's the motor mounts..

[2] The throttle response is awesome and on/off throttle inputs are quick and crisp (if that makes sense).

[3] With the stiff mounts up front, the front end feels slightly stiffer. Similar to how when you have solid aluminum subframe bushings, the rear end feels at bit more stable and stiffer. This is probably not as noticeable of a difference, but I did notice it a little.

[4] The engine pulls to it's fullest potential because none of the power transfer is lost by twisting the motor mounts.

[5] With these motor moutns and various other 'solid' ones, you never have to worry about replacing them again.. Rubber and polyurathane wear out over time especially in hot environments like a turbo-charged engine bay.

So yeah, they're definitively worth it and I wouldn't think twice about them. I'd understand if you were building a car for daily driving purposes, but if your like me and want to extract every potential gram of performance from your Nissan, then you'll understand mate.
As for those JGS Rubber Motor Mounts, they looks awesome. I'd personally never have heard of that company before, but it looks like they make some legit parts. I'd consider them for a commuter car any day.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
HAHA, another person that basically answered there own question.

-I have tried the Nismo garbage, not going down that road again.
-I have driven 1 car with solid mounts and didn't care for it as much seeing that I DD my car. The feedback I got from the front of the car was nice, just not my thing.

I will be going with the Drift Freaq mounts on my fresh motor that is going in this summer. I have heard nothing but good stuff about his mounts. They allow you to lower the engine and I think move the whole assembly back towards the firewall a little also. Can't hurt to have a little lower center of gravity and better F/R weight distribution.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
OLDSCHOOLRICE
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (17)
OLDSCHOOLRICE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Extreemly happy with my Drift Freaq mounts!!

No more vibration than Nismo mounts.
OLDSCHOOLRICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
Howie Felter Snatch
Zilvia Member

I'm very happy that Drift Freaq made those mounts because it seems to the bill for many people.. More power to him for having the balls to fabricate custom parts for our cars.. Unfortunately, I feel that those mounts are too 'soft' for my application, so I'll have to pass.