Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #61
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Wait guys. I'm pretty sure Americans have ruled out that in order to drift you NEED a V8... Drifting in a KA or SR is just too difficult and expensive :/
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #62
gallo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
gallo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
try it stock and see if it is for you. most people just just on the bandwagon and talk about spending more money than bill gates makes and never go through. i came from the honda scene too and its way different. i have had 5 240's since. i recommend having fun with it before you try and make it just look hardcore and then not being able to properly use your parts on your car. its not a honda, even part actually makes a difference for the most part.

from my personal stand point- first car i bought was a turbo s13.5 big mistake, learned with a stock ka 240 , welded diff and lowering springs. now i go a different s13 with an sr and a couple bolt-ons and some sweet suspension parts it worked out for me upgraded slowly and spending most of my money on tires and practice time but then again everyone is different, just my .02. welcome to zilvia
Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #63
twindragonn

Trader Rating: (0)
twindragonn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
best way to get better in drifting is to start out with less power. youll learn to control the car way better and the different techniques used to drift a vehicle, and i would work more on the rear diff and than suspension before going for a motor.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #64
jiggysnitz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
jiggysnitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How much power to drift?

All of it.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #65
Drifting-pedobear
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Drifting-pedobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
or at least 98% of it.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #66
JoshuaLogan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JoshuaLogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'd go with a good 1.5 way LSD if it's also a daily driver car. A 2 way could be a bit dangerous in the rain when you aren't trying to slide.... same goes with welded, and the welded will have you going through tires really quickly....

As for VLSDs, they just won't give the same performance as 1.5/2 way LSDs...
Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #67
I<3Panda86
Leaky Injector

I<3Panda86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Power has it's place, but it isn't as important as say a good suspension setup, I drive an 85 corolla with 115hp and I have no trouble at all getting it sideways
Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #68
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
drift? i dont even know what this is, how do I "drift" a 240? can my 97 do this? O_O'?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #69
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
get a welded...i love my welded.
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
Old 02-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #70
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
First 3 things you need. Yes, NEED

1. 2 way LSD
2. Bucket Seat
3. Coilovers
wait what? are you serious?

so open diff slides into walls with stock seats and blown tokicos don't count?

but I was FULL LOCK! lol
Old 02-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #71
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Wait guys. I'm pretty sure Americans have ruled out that in order to drift you NEED a V8... Drifting in a KA or SR is just too difficult and expensive :/
I LOL'D at this .. Teddy Teddy Teddy..... When will you learn the Might of a V8? LMAO

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Old 02-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #72
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I miss the days when we used to be able to flame the newbie retards without everyone getting all antsy in their pantsies...

That being said, the OP needs to start by GETTING A FUCKING CLUE. Horsepower means nothing if you don't know how to use it. You can drift with a stock KA running on two cylinders if you're determined and skilled enough. For an amateur drift car it just doesn't matter.

Don't modify one god damned part on your car untill it is in absolutely perfect condition either. Change ALL your fluids, belts, hoses, tune-up parts, etc... Fix ALL of your fluid leaks. And of course go through the suspension and brakes thoroughly to ensure that everything is at least in good safe condition. Once you can actually drive your car on the street with confidence in it's reliability THEN you start thinking about what you wanna change.

Once you do start to actually modify your car start with the basics. Suspension, brakes, and drivetrain are the first things to go through. Once your car is set up to the point where it is READY for more power, then you can start asking about how much power a "drift" car should have. Of course by this point you will have gotten that clue and you probably won't have to ask anymore.

P.S.......
I swear to god if Castro talks about his welded diff one more time in this thread I'm going to weld his face!!!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #73
doke! ドリフト
Zilvia Junkie

doke! ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't read every post but a lot of people are forgetting the first thing you need...tires.

Grab a couple sets of stock wheels or steelies and find some cheap tires(I use to dig behind tire shops)

Trying to spin 14 or 15" wheels in a KA with a diff will be plenty easy and good practice for a longgg time.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #74
fastboy559

fastboy559 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks guys for all the help i no about getting all the mechanics of the car straight first.Ive been around cars for a while and part of my job intales mechanical work.....But unfortunalty the car i had lined up fell threw so im still on the hunt
Old 02-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #75
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
this isn't some forum where people just bash/flame people for no reason (yet). he asked a question that believe it or not is a pretty good one. seems like someone was trying to jump on a bandwagon (you) and missed pretty bad. i'd like to know who the hell you think you are to come off so high and mighty.

X2

The people that come off like that are usually the kind of people that lack knowledge on tuning,The guy asked a simple question and is being bashed for it,You guys should welcome him for leaving the honda scene and joining zilvia,Shame on the flamers.

Welcome to zilvia fast.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #76
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
P.S.......
I swear to god if Castro talks about his welded diff one more time in this thread I'm going to weld his face!!!

Hey.
If your just starting and on a budget, whos gonna buy a $800-$1200 LSD??
The car cost that much

For $20 you can weld a diff, try drifting, and if you like it, buys some suspension and go from there.

And the welded helps my weak ass KA spin 17x9's.
And it doesnt go through tires.

And the welded loves the cage and stiched shell , lol
Old 02-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #77
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose1 View Post
Oh, Hi, yeah I'm going to have to ask you to leave and never come back here again.

Grammar much ?

think it would be "car scene" too Zilvia if im not mistaken ?

OMG I totally know this, stand back people,

1) Get a douche bag hair cut.
2) Melt your springs to give me that rice effect.
3) Head to the local walmart and do some dounut burnouts in the parking lot.
4) Nothing says drift like +45's and FWD rims from my civic for a 240sx.
5) Watch every FNF movie.
6) Buy Tanner Foust's how to be a douche bag TV host book.

ok, now your started on he path to become a D1 pro but you're not done yet, see every cool drifter will need to speed through a school zone, to ditch the yakuza while your chasing Takumi on the way to the tofu shop.

Think the best thing to do is find out how you can add veeeeeeeeeetack fluid to get that "veetakkickedinyo" effect once you do this people will not be able to catch up to you.

Oh right, and I suppose you will be using ratchet tiedowns to keep you bolted down in your seat while you're attempting to do this sort of impresive drifting.

fwd Honda civics were invented for a simple reason, just for people like you
YouTube - Play him off, keyboard cat.
This is all coming from a new member with 6 posts.. I think after all that your the true honde scene kid. Trying to act like a douche bag and look cool to everyone on the forum. Well you infact made ur self look like a complete dumb fuck with no life. Go suck a dick bitch
Old 02-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #78
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
To all you people saying its a bad question and its a noob question blah blah lbah. Stfu. U all swear like u came out of the womb with all the knowledge u have now. Maybe u guys had the same questions when u started out but didn't have the balls to say it. His question is a good one. When u all need help what do u do? Ask a question right? Right!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #79
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Hey.
If your just starting and on a budget, whos gonna buy a $800-$1200 LSD??
The car cost that much

For $20 you can weld a diff, try drifting, and if you like it, buys some suspension and go from there.

And the welded helps my weak ass KA spin 17x9's.
And it doesnt go through tires.

And the welded loves the cage and stiched shell , lol
Everytime I drive a car with a welded diff I wanna light it on fire! Except yours cause it used to be mine! LOL! You're right though, as much as they suck ass for pretty much anything else a welded diff works great for a dedicated drift car. I still have to weld your face though. Going to the BBQ? I'll bring the Lincoln!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
To all you people saying its a bad question and its a noob question blah blah lbah. Stfu. U all swear like u came out of the womb with all the knowledge u have now. Maybe u guys had the same questions when u started out but didn't have the balls to say it. His question is a good one. When u all need help what do u do? Ask a question right? Right!
Oh look another guy got all antsy in his pantsies. Do you have Beiber fever???

Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #80
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Everytime I drive a car with a welded diff I wanna light it on fire! Except yours cause it used to be mine! LOL! You're right though, as much as they suck ass for pretty much anything else a welded diff works great for a dedicated drift car. I still have to weld your face though. Going to the BBQ? I'll bring the Lincoln!
For sure the BBQ, lol

Once I transplant an engine, I will then go 2way. But for the KA, I always felt by never unlocking it helped you extend those drifts an extra 5 feet. which is a lot in a KA, lmao!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #81
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:

Oh look another guy got all antsy in his pantsies. Do you have Beiber fever???

Same could be said about you.

AND on that NOTE ... Since this is going off topic to other random shit..

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Closed Thread