Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #91
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Fuck i'm so in love with this car.
I can't wait until they come out. Imma get one quick.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #92
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It is the best. Because it's the ONLY. (other then the 1 series but it's not really in the same segment)

But I agree it would not be my first choice if Nissan and Toyota had competing cars.
thats my same exact thoughts, i read i think it was car and driver (or some similar magazine) reviewing the genesis coupe and they straight up said that the last time we had a rwd, 4 cyl coupe was the nissan 240sx. hopefully nissan will see the light. i just hope they don't use the same look they have been with most of their cars, hell at first i could barely see a difference between the altima and the maxima they look so similar.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #93
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Looking at photos of this car it looks really good. My question will be how many company's are going to jump into the Genesis market? Despite the fact its a Hyundai and the price is relatively good for all those, im starting to have second thoughts on finishing my car and purchasing this one. The release date is in 2010? I know this is a jump start for a rwd affordable vehicle but i have a feeling there will be others by then. I guess the only thing i could do is wait and see what other manufactures have to offer.

After seeing the s16 prototype i lost interest in its design hopefully it changes. I was glancing at more pictures of the body in the new option fan magazine. Still the same body. Not feeling it. But i will keep my eye on this one.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #94
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafreak View Post
Looking at photos of this car it looks really good. My question will be how many company's are going to jump into the Genesis market? Despite the fact its a Hyundai and the price is relatively good for all those, im starting to have second thoughts on finishing my car and purchasing this one. The release date is in 2010? I know this is a jump start for a rwd affordable vehicle but i have a feeling there will be others by then. I guess the only thing i could do is wait and see what other manufactures have to offer.

After seeing the s16 prototype i lost interest in its design hopefully it changes. I was glancing at more pictures of the body in the new option fan magazine. Still the same body. Not feeling it. But i will keep my eye on this one.
Toyota, Subaru has been pretty much confirmed. Mazda has pretty much been confirmed to. Nissan has been pussy footing around it, but the word is pretty positive.

We're discussin these possibilities here.

Also, you've never seen an S16 prototype from Nissan. You've seen numerous magazine renderings of one. The closest thing you've seen to a new 240/Silvia from Nissan is the Urge Concept.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:17 AM   #95
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
From Inside Line
Look what they say at the bottom.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=129812

Hyundai Invites Aftermarket Tuners To Measure 2010 Genesis Coupe

Date posted: 07-23-2008

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California — Hyundai took a major step toward reinventing itself as a legitimate performance-car manufacturer by inviting 20 aftermarket companies to measure the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe today at its North American headquarters in Fountain Valley, California.

Hyundai Motor America officials called this the official SEMA measuring session for the company's rear-drive coupe, which is based on the shortened version of the 2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan platform.

"Normally, we've done this closer to the start of production," Wayne Killen, director of strategic product planning for Hyundai Motor America, told us. "But we really wanted the aftermarket companies to get a start on it."

The aftermarket companies ran the gamut, ranging from Wet Okole Hawaii, which makes waterproof seat covers, to Garrett-Honeywell and HKS.

You'll recall from the 2008 New York Auto Show that Hyundai will be offering both a 310-horsepower 3.8-liter V6 and a 223-hp, 2.0-liter, turbocharged, inline four-cylinder in the 2010 Genesis Coupe. Not surprisingly, the 2.0-liter turbo got most of the attention from the tuners, and since the engine itself is a direct relation of the 2.0-liter in the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart and Evolution X, most weren't seeing it for the first time.

"I'm more excited about this than I am about that one," said John Espino of Gale Banks Engineering, while standing next to the turbo coupe. "If you look under the hood, there's more room to do stuff." However, he noted that his company is working on a supercharger for the V6 Genesis coupe, in addition to planned upgrades for the turbocharger and intercooler on the four-cylinder model.

"There's an engine mount underneath the turbocharger so that kind of limits how big you can go," Garrett's Brian Regnier told us. "But there's always a way around that." He said the main contingency for Garrett in developing turbo upgrades for the Genesis coupe is public reaction to Hyundai's first rear-wheel-drive coupe. "We'll wait to see what the reception for this vehicle is at track days," he noted.

Hyundai officials also confirmed today that the company will offer Track versions of both the four-cylinder turbo and the V6 coupe. "They'll be a low percentage of the mix," Joyce admitted, "but they will be uncompromised in their performance."

In addition to retuned suspension compared to the standard versions of the coupe, the Genesis Track models will pick up a front strut tower brace and a full set of Brembo brakes, including four-piston monobloc calipers up front.

Regardless of the engine underhood, Track models will come with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer tires, sized 225/40R19 up front and 245/40R19 in back. Non-Track Genesis coupes get 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE092As in front and 245/45s in back.

Hyundai also revealed some basic stats on the likely customer base today. The four-cylinder turbo coupe is predicted to draw an even mix of men and women, while the company anticipates an older, more affluent and 70 percent male crowd to embrace the V6 coupe. The highest-volume exterior color is expected to be Gray Titanium at 18 percent.

Known internally as "BK," the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe will go into production in December 2008 at Hyundai's Alsan, Korea, plant. Look for the cars to arrive at dealerships in early February 2009.

What this means to you: Hyundai hopes the 2010 Genesis Coupe will pick up where the Nissan 240SX left off, and is doing everything it can to ensure full aftermarket support when the coupe goes on sale. — Erin Riches, Senior Editor
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #96
jdmdrft
Zilvia Member

jdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enough
ehh looks like han will let sean roll in a hyundai..
jdmdrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #97
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
haha dam they didnt invite no suspension companies? ill be pissed if audio was one of the companies they invited lol

they invited Wet Okole they fail right there.. Hyundai just admited their seats suck by doin that.. i mean thats all wet okole does is seat covers lol
Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #98
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
...Not surprisingly, the 2.0-liter turbo got most of the attention from the tuners, and since the engine itself is a direct relation of the 2.0-liter in the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart and Evolution X, most weren't seeing it for the first time.
I did not know that. Definitely helps with the legitimacy of Hundai's attempt of a rwd performance car.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #99
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Im looking forward to hearing other company's jumping on board for this. I wouldn't be surprised soon though that suspension companies hop on board. Give it some time.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #100
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
It doesnt look too bad. I hate the front end, but that can be changed. The car will look good slammed.

As far as the ricer mentality that will come with the car... I hope alot of ricers buy these cars. When they attempt to drift in the rain and wreck the cars, theres that many more in the JY for me to get parts off of.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #101
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is a Genesis sedan at my local hyundai dealer. Complete base model. I think people have really underestimated the price of these cars atleast I did. The wanna be hyundai bimmer is 32k base stripped with v6 and nothing and 46k with the v8 and nav systems. Now it's a really nice car and is very comfy. Rides nice. Doesn't have a way to start it if the bluetooth key dies. Kinda bummer. It has lots of bells and whistles but I guess just falls inline with the rest of them. At the price level though, an infinity is well within range and alot of other manufacturers are. I just don't think I can spend 40k on a hyundai. It wouldn't surprise me if these estimated street prices come in 3k higher when it hits. My guess is 25k for base turbo car and 36.5k for v6 with nav.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #102
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I think most enthusiasts are going to be buying the turbo model anyway.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #103
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Aftermarket support is gonna make or break the car. The cool thing about American and Japanese cars is that they have crazy support.

Hopefully the big US and Jap. companies will step up. I have a feeling that the Jap. companies won't be supporting the car though.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #104
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Aftermarket support is gonna make or break the car. The cool thing about American and Japanese cars is that they have crazy support.

Hopefully the big US and Jap. companies will step up. I have a feeling that the Jap. companies won't be supporting the car though.
As long as it's sold there it should. But if it's a US car only like sauy the 3rd Gen Eclipse +, then yea it's going to suck.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #105
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Thats the thing, last time I was in Japan I don't remember seeing ANY Korean car.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #106
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Thats the thing, last time I was in Japan I don't remember seeing ANY Korean car.
Yea, that's going to hurt. In comparison, Nissan's next 240 and Toyota/Suby's coupe is going to be sold there which will give it a huge advantage in that department.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #107
spoolandslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: lost in a bump splice in the fabric of our clockwork
Trader Rating: (12)
spoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
did you see that awesome ebrake action?
spoolandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #108
pablo180
Zilvia Member

pablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of light
whoa, whoa, whoa......someone on autoblog posted that the car will weigh around 3500lbs. Can anyone confirm?

If so...then damn....the thing will be a pig.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:54 PM   #109
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection

HYUNDAI RACE CAR

Sema: Hyundai Genesis Coupe Race Car To Debut At SEMA '08
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:48 AM   #110
roddy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
roddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud ofroddy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to roddy
^^^

debadge the front = good to go
Old 08-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #111
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
wow... magnum or genesis.
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #112
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Looks nice in yellow.....

Old 08-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #113
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz

It's like whatever.

I have a feeling we will be seeing a LOT of this...
Old 08-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #114
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
What are the wheels on the black one? I think those would look nice on my M....
Old 08-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #115
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow Hyundai stepping the game up big time
Old 08-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #116
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i dunno... a car that will relie on the aftermarket to sell??

its gonna be the next rsx ..if anyone remembers that car it was the replacement for the integra...the rsx had a horrible suspension/handling that alot of japanese tuners dont bother with it
Old 08-24-2008, 03:05 AM   #117
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
^^^

debadge the front = good to go
Word... I love everything about this car other than the Hyundai emblems on it haha.

If I bought one I'd have to sell out and immediately debadge it.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #118
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
Here are a few I found, I love the look of the sedan better. More VIP'ish.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #119
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Just went down and test drove the sedan... with the v8, sunroof, and "tech package". The nav system is a little janky but still nice.. The car has good power and feels nice... heated and cooled seats.. lots of toys... sticker sayed 43,893 + 800 delivery + 300 tint +400 for super wax... 45+k for a hyundai... then throw tax on it... f' that.. it's as nice as a E class on the inside but it's like fake oakleys... they work just as good as real ones but that doesn't mean you'd pay $85 for a pair that normally sells for $100.. feel like it's to much of a stretch to be sold under the hyundai brand... maybe they should have started a new luxury brand name and done it under that with like a vip santa fe suv.. stock wheels are battleship on it as well...
Old 08-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #120
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Damn 40k+ Hyundai? Yeah, that's definitely not to my liking. Is the coupe out yet? Wonder if they're going to gouge the price on that one as well.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote