Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #1231
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
The guy works harder than anyone in the league, but gets shit for it.

Please define hardest working... talking to the press and doing commercials? Does he wake up every morning at 5 a.m. and go work on his game? You can't say out of everyone in the NBA Kobe Bryant is the hardest working. There are people whos careers hang in the balance of how much work they put into their game, not to mention so many players with something to prove.

Kobe Bryant is what he is, he's the icon of the NBA. He's in the top 3% of the league, not higher not lower. I'll bet you the time he puts into his game is at most a little higher than average.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #1232
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98koukile View Post

Please define hardest working... talking to the press and doing commercials? Does he wake up every morning at 5 a.m. and go work on his game? You can't say out of everyone in the NBA Kobe Bryant is the hardest working. There are people whos careers hang in the balance of how much work they put into their game, not to mention so many players with something to prove.

Kobe Bryant is what he is, he's the icon of the NBA. He's in the top 3% of the league, not higher not lower. I'll bet you the time he puts into his game is at most a little higher than average.
So you're saying that when EVERY player he has played with or against damn near describes him as the hardest working man in the league, we're not to believe them? When EVERY player asked as MVP voting came down described him as the most deserving, even other candidates, we're to take that as them being diplomatic? Ask ANYONE who might have to defend any one player currently in the league with that man's team down 2 points and less than 10 seconds remain who they DON'T want to have to defend. Your opinion is notwithstanding here, these are questions that have been asked in public of the professional players who face/accompany him and his name is invariably the one that answers those questions.
It is unfortunate, though, that he became this season what David Stern PRAYS LeBron James becomes sometimes soon, because the public is fucking non-forgiving.

And I write too!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #1233
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:

You fail so hard.

You do realize that top NBA PLAYERS AND COACHES recognize him as the hardest working AND best player in the league. He didnt just wake up and become the best player in the game right now over night. That shit takes hard work. There's a reason why he's so much better than everybody else. And um, the league MVP award is chosen by the league, not the public. You dont get that award by be being a little above average hard worker.

I'm not saying this just as fan either. If you cant recognize Kobe Bryant as the hardest working, best player in the NBA today, then you dont know good basketball. PERIOD.

EDIT: Phlip you beat me to it!
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 06-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #1234
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #1235
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
He's not worth it guys.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #1236
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
It's like talking to a brick fucking wall sometimes.

And I write too!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #1237
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
yeah, you're right.

Its impossible to talk basketball with people that dont know shit about it.

"Kobe sucks. i hate him. he's a ball hog. blah blah blah"

okaaaaaay....
Old 06-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #1238
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
You fail so hard.

You do realize that top NBA PLAYERS AND COACHES recognize him as the hardest working AND best player in the league. He didnt just wake up and become the best player in the game right now over night. That shit takes hard work. There's a reason why he's so much better than everybody else. And um, the league MVP award is chosen by the league, not the public. You dont get that award by be being a little above average hard worker.

I'm not saying this just as fan either. If you cant recognize Kobe Bryant as the hardest working, best player in the NBA today, then you dont know good basketball. PERIOD.
When I think good basketball the NBA doesn't even cross my mind, good basketball is played in college where you play for pride not money. Without knowing what every player in the NBA goes through on a daily basis to prepare themselves for their game I refuse to give credit to one person as the hardest working. Kobe Bryant has god given talent that he refines through hard work... you don't think anyone else in the entire league goes through the same shit without all the cameras? Looking past the hype and watching the Lakers play he stands out above the rest but when they play a really good team it brings out his flaws which are still few and far between. I will never discredit Kobe Bryant for he's talent, but I refuse to believe no one else tries as hard
Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #1239
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
yeah, you're right.

Its impossible to talk basketball with people that dont know shit about it.

"Kobe sucks. i hate him. he's a ball hog. blah blah blah"

okaaaaaay....
It's funny how I've never said Kobe sucks, I've never said I hate him, and I'm sorry that over the last however many years of consistently watching him I've come to the conclusion he likes the ball a little too much. Sorry I don't suck on the LA teet and bow down to him, everyone has their flaws. Get your head out of your ass and realize that no one in the game today or ever plays perfectly
Old 06-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #1240
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Its amazing the amount of clueless people that came in here during the post-season.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #1241
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
^
And you're not even a Kobe fan.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #1242
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Kobe Bryant- hmm let's see,,

The hardest working player in the NBA..

The best player in the NBA..

A guy who practices 16 hours more than everyone else a week...

Shall i go on???

No..

3 Letters....

M.V.P.

So Haters.... STFU!!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #1243
S13_Nightkid
Zilvia Junkie

S13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud of
Not to discredit LA or anything but the focus needs to be shifted from Kobe onto the rest of the team. He is an outstanding player but its practically 1 on 5. In his case it was again Garnett, Allen and Pierce.(and the rest of the team.) Odom stepped up but that still doesnt make up for it. Fact of the matter is Kobe IS the La Lakers..hope they pick up a few replacements for the draft.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #1244
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Where's his 2008 ring? Go ask Paul Pierce. Glad you timed every player in the NBA while they were practicing
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #1245
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Don't feed the trolls.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #1246
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Quote:
Where's his 2008 ring? Go ask Paul Pierce. Glad you timed every player in the NBA while they were practicing

Yeah i timed him and told Phil Jackson to say that in his interview, but i guess it only showed on my TV??

Wow you don't know a thing about the game do you???

It takes more than 1 person to win...
Old 06-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #1247
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:

30 teams X 12 players = 360 players (roughly since most teams have more than 12)

3% of 360 is 10.8

I want to see you name the 10-11 players that are better than Kobe.

You also must not watch ANY interview with the Laker players. Odom says if they have practice at 10, Kobe will be there at 8:30 AND he will be the last person to leave. Almost every Laker has said something similar about Kobe.

Teammates, coaches, the media, and pretty much everyone but you agrees that Kobe works the hardest. You need to get your head out of your ass and realize the majority is against you and there is a pretty dam good reason for it.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #1248
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
Man, if this was the "reasons i hate kobe thread, i'd be all about it" but it's not.

There's no arguing Kobe's dedication and work...period.(and i hate him) anyways, i think we should kill this thread and start either the offseason thread or draft or something thread.

even though you guys are laker fans, it's nice to talk nba to people that aren't blinded by fandom.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #1249
S13_Nightkid
Zilvia Junkie

S13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud of
+1. Kobe is Kobe. end of story. on to the draft!!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #1250
revat619
Retired General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's S14 View Post
Man, if this was the "reasons i hate kobe thread, i'd be all about it" but it's not.

There's no arguing Kobe's dedication and work...period.(and i hate him) anyways, i think we should kill this thread and start either the offseason thread or draft or something thread.

even though you guys are laker fans, it's nice to talk nba to people that aren't blinded by fandom.

Exactly. We have differing opinions, but i can totally debate with you.

This other dude is a joke.

I'm done with this thread. Akademik, start the new one.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #1251
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
Yeah, although I hate some of you guys, most of you guys who were in this thread from the beginning aren't homers. So although I hate some of your posts, I know you guys are somewhat right.

Akademik! Make a new thread off-season man and kill this one. Some of the trolls who don't know shit about the non popular players of the league will stay out cause they won't know WTF they're talking about.

Draft days coming up and too bad I don't know shit about the College BBall world You guys gotta get me to watch that
Old 06-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #1252
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Here you go.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=198788
Old 06-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #1253
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Quote:
When I think good basketball the NBA doesn't even cross my mind, good basketball is played in college ........
I stopped reading right there and lmao.

college is just a continuation of high school basketball. why is shooting from the top of the key 3pts - doesn't wnba play like that too?
Old 06-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #1254
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
zone defense
Old 06-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #1255
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

I'm going to lock this thread. Post in the new thread fellas.
Closed Thread