Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #91
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm slowly remembering a bunch more...

Guy: "Is that RHD a factory option for North America?"
Me: "No"
Guy: "So you converted it?"
Me: "No, I don't see the point in hacking up a good chassis for absolutely no benefit, it came this way. It's factory drivers side for JDM vehicles, among a few other places as well."
Guy: "Oh ok, so you prefer RHD?"
Me: "No, I would prefer left actually, but this car was well priced, exactly what I wanted, aside from RHD, and was just to good a deal to pass up."
Guy: "Cool... Is it true RHD is better for performance though?"
Me: "No, that makes no difference."
Guy: "Alright... Guess I'm kinda new to all this. I just got my first 240, you ever have one?"
Me: (I'm driving my Z32 at the time)"Yes, sold it and now I miss it. How much did you pay for yours? What year and mileage? Stock? Swapped? etc."
Guy: "It's stock, a 1990 with around 130k on it, paid just over 6k for it."

Convo continued for a few minutes. Nice guy, just kinda slow it seemed. haha

I didn't have the heart to tell the guy he had just thrown away a large sum of money.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #92
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Did you cut your springs?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #93
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
had this discusion a while back

lawrence: dude i found out my car is turbo
me: no its not lol
him: my civic is fast i can hear it spool and everything at a certain rpm
me: i think thats vtec sorry
him: hmm idk i cant find the turbo mabye they put it in the block
me: wtf turbos arent put in blocks what do you mean
lawrence: huh mabye mine was turbo and they took it off and they even left the BOV look
me: dude ur dumb thats a fuckin egr valve

, other stuff

had the maxima parked at my school
some guy was taking pics of it
me: what are you doing why are you taking pictures of my car
him: i like it what is it
me : 89 maxima what did you think it was
him: this isnt a maxima
me: what
him: wow it looks like a gtr r34 , i used to have one, it looked like urs
me: WHAT ur dumb look at the trunk it says MAXIMA
me: go away
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #94
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven_ View Post
wtf 2jz/rb into a fucking volvo?
- some guy swapped a LSx twin turboed motor in a station wagon volvo aka Volvette lol its sick, its on streetfire.net

"Dude you should get the RB26 swapped into your car, those V6s are nasty and a direct swap...just drop it in and start it up. If i had a 240sx thats what i would do. Plus seeing that the motor is only $2500"

"Why do you have 2 intakes" (intercooler piping lol)
Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #95
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I remember driving down the street one day, SRT-4 pulls up next to me at a light:

guy: Yo! What kinda coilovers you on?

me: D2's (at the time)

guy: Oh yah? Who makes those?!

me: *Facepalm* *Drives away*
He was probably making fun of you.

You should have responded ebay.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #96
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
"Why is your radiator mounted behind your bumper with two big pipes coming off it?"
Old 01-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #97
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
College - just got out of my car walking to class, guy walks up
Him: Nice 240
Me: Thanks
Him: Do you drift?
Me: No
Him: Why do you own a 240sx than?
Me: *Laugh and get to class*

I drop of my wheels and tires at a local tire shop to get them mounted and balanced

guy goes, lemme guess these are for a Honda :P
Old 01-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #98
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
The funniest newb statement I have ever heard.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #99
napaKAliboog
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
napaKAliboog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
HAHAAH i wouldn't trust that tire place...
napaKAliboog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #100
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Where did you get that big air system from (FMIC)

Did you make that outta an old Air conditioner... dumb fuck..
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #101
mavrick243
Leaky Injector

mavrick243 is a jewel in the roughmavrick243 is a jewel in the roughmavrick243 is a jewel in the roughmavrick243 is a jewel in the roughmavrick243 is a jewel in the roughmavrick243 is a jewel in the roughmavrick243 is a jewel in the rough
At my house. My cousins friend comes over to help build a green house in our backyard.

Friend: Nice 240 dude
Friend: Ya i used to have a eclipse but it got impounded by the cops cause i was drifting it in a parking lot so i sold it.
Me: Oh that sucks
Friend: Ya then my buddy got an Evo 8 MR.
Me: Those are sweet cars.
Friend: Ya i taught him how to drift it to and now he does touge up the 33 at like 140mph.
Me: thats crazy dude
Friend: Ya he races vettes and things all the time but if you ever want to learn how to drift just let me know and i'll teach you.
Me: Alright dude thanks.

It was so hard not to laugh through the entire conversation.
mavrick243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #102
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick243 View Post
At my house. My cousins friend comes over to help build a green house in our backyard.

Friend: Nice 240 dude
Friend: Ya i used to have a eclipse but it got impounded by the cops cause i was drifting it in a parking lot so i sold it.
Me: Oh that sucks
Friend: Ya then my buddy got an Evo 8 MR.
Me: Those are sweet cars.
Friend: Ya i taught him how to drift it to and now he does touge up the 33 at like 140mph.
Me: thats crazy dude
Friend: Ya he races vettes and things all the time but if you ever want to learn how to drift just let me know and i'll teach you.
Me: Alright dude thanks.

It was so hard not to laugh through the entire conversation.
hahah love people like that, when ever id come into school with my 240 id get all these retarded questions asked i couldnt deal with it. since i was one of the only kids who knew something about cars id always have people asking me random stuff.

so one of my buddy saw an add on CL and it was for a 94 supra tt auto, well my buddy insisted on buying it. hes like hey: your almost done with your sr swap right?
Me: ya just about
Him: was it hard?
Me: eh not to bad
Him: well was it hard to go from auto to standard
Me: ehh depends what it is in, and is more then likely a waste.(kid always finds the most riced out shit ive ever seen and wants it cuz its got screens or all sorts of ugly shit all over it)
Him: wel this supra im looking at is auto and turbo, i was wondering if i swapped the tranny out would it still be turbo'd????
me: *bursted out laughing and had to explain just cuz i felt bad for how retarded he was
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #103
driven_
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
driven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
*watching the ken block gymkhana video*
Cousin's cousin - "damn thats nice, but my buddies ek can take that
me -"nah dude this thing is a beast"
him - "thats not all that good"
me -"haha i guess"
him - *youtubes up another video of a civic hatch doing highway pulls*
(the civic is all riced out and shit. wtf)
him - "dammmm, now THATS fast!"
me. -
so i left the pc cause i was too embarassed for this guy.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #104
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
i think its so funny how almost every one on this forum has the same response to stupid ppl, their always "yes ing" them and telling them anything.. its great!

(example) stupid person: I hate 240's and all Nissans my mustang is a better car to drive around in reverse
zilvia member: ...... yeah i know... mustangs are fucking sick in reverse.

.. What the f*k am i talking about
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #105
driven_
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
driven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrischeezer View Post
i think its so funny how almost every one on this forum has the same response to stupid ppl, their always "yes ing" them and telling them anything.. its great!

(example) stupid person: I hate 240's and all Nissans my mustang is a better car to drive around in reverse

Old 01-02-2009, 11:57 PM   #106
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:

I like this guy.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #107
vespaman
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (64)
vespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 64 reviews
how many HP can i expect for adding aftermarket air filter?

damnn, i wanna get the hks, greddy, nismo, aem etc,. sticker on my car dude. that so JDM.
vespaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #108
Dr. Acula
Leaky Injector

Dr. Acula is an unknown quantity at this point
( my carwhen I had a barely drivable stock s13 with a rod knock in a sohc ka)
Neighbor: yooo do a burnout!
Me: my car barely drives. And has an open diff. It's not capable. Trust me.
Neighbor: I bet I can do it! Gimme the keys. I'm the shot at drivin.
Me : I bet u have a better chance getting the driver on your shortbus to do a burnout.

Then I grab the mail n go in.

I also had someone come up to me at a Nissan meet and say " damnnn! That is low! Looks like you have the new hydraulics kit that came up for the 240sx!"
Me: "yea. It took me forever to save up for it. " (they were my coilovers he was talking about.)
Dr. Acula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #109
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
chewy thread.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #110
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:

it's funnier if you go a long with it, if you can keep a straight face.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #111
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
the guy who bumped his own thread in the off topic regarding the spanish ricer who filed his head with some tribal designs or some shit?

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #112
palmdale_mob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
palmdale_mob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
"Oh that noise is just the muffler bearing"
palmdale_mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #113
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
This was a while back, when I had nothing better to do at some kids house. I guess this kids friend bought a eclipse with a salvaged title at a police auction.

kid~ CHECK OUT MY ECLIPSE, ITS F!$# SWEET

me~ its nice

kid~ yhea some guy was unable to sell it for $1200 and left the car auction, I followed him and demanded that I buy it on the spot, for $2000, but the guy wanted $3000 and I took it.

me~ why didnt you inspect it, you could have taken it for less then $1200, there was probably a reason why it did not sell.

kid~ who cares, it came with these sweet ass special edition rims!

me~ those are hyundai tiburon, the "T" logo is right there

kid~ no its not, you dont know what your talking about, my car has a sweet turbo, it makes a cool sound

me~ thats no turbo, you need a new belt quick, the head gasket does not look so good, and those are tiburon rims, maybe you should have checked out this car a little bit better.

kid~ dont tell me whats up with my ride, and I got these cool under glow leds to install on the bottom

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #114
s13.5guy
Leaky Injector

s13.5guy is an unknown quantity at this point
ha ha . These are great!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #115
xtheenderx
Zilvia Member

xtheenderx is an unknown quantity at this point
"So I'm lookin to buy an RSX-S and maybe put some red neon underglow."

Sure enough, a week later he gets a base model RSX automatic with red underglow....
Old 01-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #116
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
best one i've ever heard.

"dude, i'll give you $2500 for your car...........cash."
Old 01-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #117
Dee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
Dee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:

llol
Old 01-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #118
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post
best one i've ever heard.

"dude, i'll give you $2500 for your car...........cash."
Lol I recently got one like that.

"Hey man, you're wanting to sell your car right? Well if you can hold on to it for another 4 months, my buddy here will give you $5500 for it...cash"

I then told him I still owe like $6500 on loans on it haha.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #119
zorak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zorak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zorak
something dumb i said..." is that the throttle body?" *points at MAF*
zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #120
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

max2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to all
whats a newb?

max2damax is offline   Reply With Quote