Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #121
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
I H8 Hipsters. For Real. Make Me So Angry!!!11!!

I'm gonna go listen to Crystal Castles and drink an Americana at Starbucks whilst I view the latest updates on my favourite party picture blog.
"electro" was 2008 bro. it's not authentic enough for 2009
Old 06-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #122
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
actually it was 2007 bro..

when i saw ed banger at a hotel party after daft punk front row at lollapalooza?

k thanks justice for muh leather jacket
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #123
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
actually it was 2007 bro..

when i saw ed banger at a hotel party after daft punk front row at lollapalooza?

k thanks justice for muh leather jacket
sorry bro. too many strands in ol' duder's head. shoulda checked the issue date on my ed rec volume 1 vinyl. lol.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #124
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
The Electro Wars still rage on Bros.

Ask Matej, he knows it from personal experience
Old 06-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #125
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Yall. I saw this bike, and wondered if it was a fixed gear, or ‘just a cruiser.’ Have yall heard of fixed-gear bikes? Does n e1 know how they work, and why people buy them? Feel kinda like it might be more advantageous to have a bike with multiple gears, but I think sometimes ’subcultures’ can develop out of people ‘being unreasonable.’ I think with only 1 gear, u have to do more work in order to ride ur bike fast. Might be some sort of new age weight loss gimmick, kinda like what ‘large people’ will do in order to shed some calories. Not sure how useful
One time I saw a group of fixed-gear alts riding around Austin, Texas with Lance Armstrong. Made me wonder if Lance is using fixed gear technology to win the Tour De France.
LIVESTRONG, yall! Thought about buying a bike for $2000, but then I just bought a used Kia and drove it into a lake. Made a video of it for my Senior Art Project, just cuz it was ‘a metaphor’ about ’spending/wasting money on transportation’ and also ‘moms who drove their kids into lakes 2 commit suicide with them.’
Does n e 1 know if biking ’saves the environment’, or does it just ‘create more traffic problems/dangers since bikers don’t respect the rules of the road?’
Does n e 1 else ‘like to ride bikes’? Or do u live in a city [via suburbia] that isn’t very ‘biker-friendly’ except for ultra new rich neighborhoods that ‘put in a bike lane’ just to ‘look rich’ or whatever.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #126
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Since when is PBR trendy?

I buy it once a year.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #127
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
If Dane Cook were a bike.

He'd be a fixie.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #128
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
Yall. I saw this bike, and wondered if it was a fixed gear, or ‘just a cruiser.’ Have yall heard of fixed-gear bikes? Does n e1 know how they work, and why people buy them? Feel kinda like it might be more advantageous to have a bike with multiple gears, but I think sometimes ’subcultures’ can develop out of people ‘being unreasonable.’ I think with only 1 gear, u have to do more work in order to ride ur bike fast. Might be some sort of new age weight loss gimmick, kinda like what ‘large people’ will do in order to shed some calories. Not sure how useful
One time I saw a group of fixed-gear alts riding around Austin, Texas with Lance Armstrong. Made me wonder if Lance is using fixed gear technology to win the Tour De France.
LIVESTRONG, yall! Thought about buying a bike for $2000, but then I just bought a used Kia and drove it into a lake. Made a video of it for my Senior Art Project, just cuz it was ‘a metaphor’ about ’spending/wasting money on transportation’ and also ‘moms who drove their kids into lakes 2 commit suicide with them.’
Does n e 1 know if biking ’saves the environment’, or does it just ‘create more traffic problems/dangers since bikers don’t respect the rules of the road?’
Does n e 1 else ‘like to ride bikes’? Or do u live in a city [via suburbia] that isn’t very ‘biker-friendly’ except for ultra new rich neighborhoods that ‘put in a bike lane’ just to ‘look rich’ or whatever.
copy pasta
Old 06-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #129
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
good rant lol
DrftSLowHomIe!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #130
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
HRO Carles HRO Carles

You can't pull one over on s0ap BRO
Old 06-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #131
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Wonder what Carles is like in real life.

Always imagine him/her kind of like an alt Perez Hilton.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #132
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Massan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCwY1ZSqYR4
Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #133
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
The fixie popularity here has gotten to the point where people now get pulled over all the time for 'mashing' (such a dumb term, someone should come up with a cooler name for it). My friend got a speeding ticket on his fixie, haha.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #134
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^ wow u serious that sucks im headed to sacramento/San francisco this week i havent had a chance to go to any shops but hopefully when i get back we'll see
Old 06-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #135
Matej
Post Whore!

It is kind of funny, haha. But it's not like people get pulled over just for riding a bike on the road. It's just the ones who cut off cars and act dangerously in traffic.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #136
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
It's just the ones who cut off cars and act dangerously in traffic.

So ALL fixie riders.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #137
BustedS13
Post Whore!

critical mass bro
Old 06-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #138
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Yeah, the people who are getting in trouble are flying through stop signs when it isn't their right of way, as well is endangering themselves as well as pedestrians.

But in SF, you see that more often than you should.

Except it includes not only fixies, but regular bicycles, bmw bikes, skateboards/longboards, and bad drivers.

Oh yeah, and those fucking moped/scooter fools.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #139
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Since when is PBR trendy?

I buy it once a year.

>.>
Old 06-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #140
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

Lol at the 2:22 min mark. he starts riding down the steep Clipper st hill. He continues passed Douglass st and down clipper. he rides by houses and one of them being my grandmas house.hahaha. he rides right by my grandpas old GMC van. must be a really old vid because that van was stolen several years ago.

Man he's crazy riding through Noe Valley, no one ever makes a complete stop at stop signs. Im probably the only one who does, and i get honked for it. funny.
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #141
d3m14n
Leaky Injector

d3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to d3m14n

this is my old 79 schwinn letour conversion. i drink long trail ale double bag. and i drive a 240. i guess that makes me a hipster by zilvia standards? lol
Old 06-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #142
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
some of you guys are fucking funny! hipsters huh?

fucking hypocrites

i'm bout to pick up a fixie for 10 bucks i'm going to use it for mostly training and increasing my stamina and endurance.

and so i can hang out with other hipsters and talk about how stupid it is to own a fixie.

i'm gonna get aero 4 spokes front and rear. and bright ass colors so its easy to see me with your stunna shades on.

i'm thinking yellow, purple, and black.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #143
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post

fucking hypocrites

i'm bout to pick up a fixie for 10 bucks i'm going to use it for mostly training and increasing my stamina and endurance.

and so i can hang out with other hipsters and talk about how stupid it is to own a fixie.

i'm gonna get aero 4 spokes front and rear. and bright ass colors so its easy to see me with your stunna shades on.

i'm lost, are you actually getting a fixed gear bike? i need to know which list to put you on
Old 06-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #144
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So how many of u hipsters wear Chrome messenger bags as well? lol the ones big enough to fit a small child.
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:38 AM   #145
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
I thnk irax is being sarcastic, but who knows? It's the internet, he could be serious!
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:02 AM   #146
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
i'm lost, are you actually getting a fixed gear bike? i need to know which list to put you on
I'm 99.9% sure he already rides fixed.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:46 AM   #147
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post

fucking hypocrites

Old 06-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #148
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
i am going to get a fixie if my customer from work really wants to sell it.. i mean for 10 bucks i can always sell it later for like 500 or something. but no i'm serious i am looking forward to getting it because with will help me with my excersize. right now i ride a 82 puegot 103 carbolite that was actually used in ture de france. its really nice but i am noticing i am coasting a lot. I do like 25 miles a day which sounds like a lot but it really isn't. I figured if i can do at least 20 miles on a fixie i am doing something right. i am kinda being sarcastic about the purple,yellow,black... but honestly i want to do it up in psm colors; gold/white/orange. I might do my road bike in purple/yellow/black. its funny that you guys laugh at the color schemes on the bikes but have you visited a bike shop that actually sells decent road bikes? i'm not talking about schwins from walmart. like bianci's, specialized and the likes? they come in some pretty crazy colorways.

i have met some of the local fixie peeps out here and they are really cool and honestly seeing their bikes and riding one a couple times is what got me interested in it. Its basically a tuner bicycle if you think about it. there is so much shit you can get for these. you can easily spend like 1k building one. though considering some of the good ones they sell at the shops that start around 600, 1k isn't that much more.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #149
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
yesterday - more fuel for my fire.

Group of 3 Fixie riders coming down the street to a 4 way stop.
Cars are at all sides.

These odd kids just keep riding through the stop and almost get hit. The sad part is that I just KNEW they would.

I think as time goes by, every fixie rider WILL get knocked out of the game by a car.
Only time will tell.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #150
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Thing is, all people run the risk of getting hit.

Be it on foot, bicycle, motorcycle, car.

Though under all situations, one can and should try their best to avoid it.

What you noticed just goes under the category of wrecklessness due to them thinking they are invincible.