Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
cfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cfrost
SRTtrackdays.com - Horsethief Mile Grip 'n Slip - June 3rd

SRT Track Days @ Willow Springs Horsethief Mile
Saturday, June 3rd 2006 - Horsethief Mile - Grip / Non-Grip Event
www.SRTtrackdays.com

The Basics:
Type of Event: HPDE (High Performance Driving Event), not a race. This is a track day open to drivers of all skill-levels and car types for practice.
Date(s):
Saturday, June 3rd, 2006
Price:
Horsethief Mile - $125 - Grip/Non-Grip Event
Track: Horsethief Mile

Details: This is a high-seat time driving event, in the past our events have had more than enough seat time for all of the drivers and we plan to keep it that way. Safe environment to push the limits of your car and find out what you and your car can do.

Payment Methods: Paypal ([email protected]), credit card, money order, or cash to one of our two locations:
SRT Motorsports Yorba Linda
22601 La Palma, Suite 100
Yorba Linda, CA 92887
(714) 692 - 6400
1-877-SRT-MOTORS

SRT Motorsports Costa Mesa

2845 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 493 - 4163

a quick rundown of this year's calendar, for more information visit www.SRTtrackdays.com
Old 05-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

cfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfection
driver feedback:

"Event was AWESOME. Completely chill and relaxed atmosphere. So much track time, it was rediculous. Needless to say I will be back for more events with SRT"
-Equinox, rx7club.com

"Horsethief is an amazing track...just like a tight mountain or canyon run...but LEGAL. ... I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK ON JUNE 3rd with TIRES THAT CAN TAKE THE HEAT...because HORSETHIEF IS A BLAST!"
-ranmonbu, socalevo.net

"The Streets was awesome. Horsethief was awesome. Those of you who didn't go missed out on a bunch of track time. Seriously phenomenal."
-KA24DESOneThree, zilvia.net

"Sooooo sick. Dicing with all the Evos was mad fun. Thanks to Colin, Sam and all the corner workers for the greatness."
-TougeFiend, shift-lock.net

"The amount of seat time w/ srt is unbelievable. very relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
-n2motorsports, sddrift.com

video: this was put together by a couple guys who came to the event...

http://media.putfile.com/dandrifting350z
Old 05-20-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
komedy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
komedy is on the path to ruinkomedy is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i would like to attend. what are the rules. never been to one of these.
is it like a set scedule? do i need helmet? do i need to bring extra tires or the whole rim with tires? do i need to bring water? lol let me know
komedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
More video:

http://media.putfile.com/HorseThiefMileSRTEvent

Why yes, that S13 IS familiar.

You need to bring lots of water, healthy snacks, sunscreen, extra tires regardless of grip or drift, extra car fluids, helmet, probably some tools and whatnot. An E-Z-Up or umbrella may help, and a cooler would make you oh-so-happy.

The schedule will be determined by Sam. Usually driver's meeting is around 8:30 am.

If you have the means, I highly recommend going to this event. Sam and the crew at SRT put on great track days.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
/.bg;kajwbg;kjrewabg;urwaglkasngWIL!!!!! I NEEED TRACKK BADDD!!!#*&
Old 05-21-2006, 02:28 AM   #6
komedy
Zilvia Member

tires only? you guys change them for free?
Old 05-21-2006, 02:29 AM   #7
komedy
Zilvia Member

if i bring tires you guys mount and balance it?
Old 05-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
No. You need wheels and tires mounted, sorry for the confusion. If you're drifting, you need at least one pair of good rear wheels with tires, two or three pair is the advisable amount.

If you are gripping, you probably need a pair just as spares in case you cut a sidewall or have wheelspin issues, which you will have unless you're running a clutch-type diff in good working condition.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:10 AM   #9
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
june 3rd is a lil too soon for me, but i will definately go to one of the later events this summer! i cant wait
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

This track is worth husslin' to finish up your car for I wish i could go!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
dyswtric
Leaky Injector

dyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to dyswtric
so its okay to run this track without a cage? i only ask because i thought a cage was required by JD.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #12
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

no cage needed

common sense required
Old 05-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #13
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
Fawk man, i was really hoping to get my car done in time , needs new tie rods and rucas, but it looks like i wont be able to make it. damn....horsetheif mile looks like such a sick track too...sigh...hope i can make it for july...
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #14
komedy
Zilvia Member

do you really really need a helmet??
Old 05-24-2006, 12:24 AM   #15
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

helmets are definately required

no skateboarding or bicycle helmets either...

MA95+ or SA2000+
Old 05-24-2006, 01:50 AM   #16
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
anyone know where the cheapest MA or snell helmet we can get is? open face is alright if im not mistaken?
im rethinking maybe i can rush and get ready for the event
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #17
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuns3838
anyone know where the cheapest MA or snell helmet we can get is? open face is alright if im not mistaken?
im rethinking maybe i can rush and get ready for the event
open face is totally okay

www.solracer.com is where I buy my stuff
Old 05-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
dyswtric
Leaky Injector

dyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to dyswtric
cfrost are you going? would like someone to help me out, never drifted a full track before and you tore it up on saturday, so maybe you could give me some tips.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #19
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

sorry man, I'm gona be instructing a drift clinic in Colorado for CADC, but I'll be at all the other scheduled SRT events to help out if you plan on coming to any.

This track is super fun, I really really wish I could be there. With this track, all you have to be careful of is not pushing too far beyond your limits and only slide the corners you feel comfortable with

hope you can make it out!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #20
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Word.

When Sam says to take a parade lap or three, he means it. Know thy course.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #21
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
know thy s13 that passes evos.