Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #91
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ophthalmology technician, license optician
kool job new stuff everyday plus i get all my glasses/contact lenses and sunglasses FREE!!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #92
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
No i am mech eng, in my last year.

Never heard of a nuclear eng option anywhere tho, is must be specialized. Sounds like a chem eng job tho, with a bit of mech in it.
The actual fission process, and neutron life cycle stuff may be physics/nuclear, but everything else is pure mechanical engineering. All it is, is just a steam plant with the nuclear fission being the heat source.

In the real word, what your actual degree is in dosnt matter too much, unless your working for a smaller company. I knew very little about nuclear and Naval field when I graduated. I was just simply offered the job and took it. Infact, i thought ships were kind of stupid at that time and werent as cool as cars or aircrafts lol. I've learned to appreciate them now.. A CVN super carrier is essentially a floating Death Star!

anywas, good luck! u'll do fine at whatever it is.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #93
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
dam i wish i had a job... soo wack where i live its like im stuck here ... college doesnt offer autotech anymore cuz they cant afford it.. my daily drivers clutch is worn out. i wish i had a job but for the last year ive been stuck in the house.

Dude, work at Mcdonalds or something for the time being.

Free food and you can fix your car, beats sitting at home doing nothing, plus they're always busy....I'd creep on every girl that walked in.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #94
ChrisWantsBoost

Trader Rating: (0)
ChrisWantsBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Army, military police officer. My job is to Assist, Protect, and Defend. And some other gay shit I could care less about.
ChrisWantsBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #95
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
I rape the earth of resources.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #96
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Yeah, baby. Come on now. Get loose.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #97
ReaperBJJ
Leaky Injector

ReaperBJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Production technician at an automotive production factory. In other words I grind new stampings and recycled car bumpers, wheels, brush bars, what have you, so they can be chromed or annodized.
ReaperBJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #98
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
^sounds like you signed a non-disclosure where you can't say for what company.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #99
sephiroth99
Leaky Injector

sephiroth99 is on a distinguished road
full time university student (EE) with paid internships woot
sephiroth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #100
zilvia_brothers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
zilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zilvia_brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
I'm a Respiratory Therapist, but will be going back to school for pre-med studies.
Im a respiratory therapist aswell. How do u like it so far? Ive been in the field for a little over a year and enjoy it so far.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #101
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilvia_brothers View Post
Im a respiratory therapist aswell. How do u like it so far? Ive been in the field for a little over a year and enjoy it so far.
I just finished school 2 months ago. Currently trying to find a job... which hospital do you work at?
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #102
zilvia_brothers
Zilvia Addict

zilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfection
Quote:
I just finished school 2 months ago. Currently trying to find a job... which hospital do you work at?
Congrats man! Which school did u graduate from? I work at 2 hospitals, my full time is at monrovia memorial hospital and my per diem is at greater el monte community hospital. Try applying at monrovia cuz the director is looking for per diems right now. Ill ask around too to see if other hospitals are hiring. Since winter is coming up its going to be busy season so its good chance of getting a job
Old 10-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #103
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Go to school and work at UCSD.

Ecology, behavior and evolution major. Marine science minor. 2 years to go

Work in the crafts center doing anything and everything. Hours are good, work is usually easy. So its good for now. Keeping my eyes open for cool internships, have my eyes on a couple but there's no money in them.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #104
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
Go to school and work at UCSD.

Ecology, behavior and evolution major. Marine science minor. 2 years to go

Work in the crafts center doing anything and everything. Hours are good, work is usually easy. So its good for now. Keeping my eyes open for cool internships, have my eyes on a couple but there's no money in them.
Judging by your majors there is no money in anything you are going to do. What kinds of positions would you consider a good starting position? Not trying to sound like an asshat but the combination sounds like maybe a whale trainer or something of the sort. I didn't think those people made a whole lot of money, more like they're in it for the love, not the money MJ. Marine Science/Marine Biology is one of the most competitive fields so I hope you are doing well academically, and even then its tough to make money in that field.

Sales Engineer
Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #105
jdm213
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
jdm213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
ima nuclear scientist working for the us government...lowkey guys ... lowkey!
jdm213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 AM   #106
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Congrats man! Which school did u graduate from? I work at 2 hospitals, my full time is at monrovia memorial hospital and my per diem is at greater el monte community hospital. Try applying at monrovia cuz the director is looking for per diems right now. Ill ask around too to see if other hospitals are hiring. Since winter is coming up its going to be busy season so its good chance of getting a job
Thanks. I went to SJVC up near Fresno. I'm expecting a call from Centinela Hospital in Inglewood on Thursday. I had an interview with them last week. I'm also with Tri-Valey Registry.

Please ask around... I need a job, hahaha.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 AM   #107
zilvia_brothers
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Thanks. I went to SJVC up near Fresno. I'm expecting a call from Centinela Hospital in Inglewood on Thursday. I had an interview with them last week. I'm also with Tri-Valey Registry.

Please ask around... I need a job, hahaha.
Two of my friends work at centinela lol ill ask my friend to see wut he can do. Wuts ur name? Im chris btw i was going to work there too but they starting pay wasnt that great lol try also suburban/promise hospital, longwood subacute and kindred. Best of luck to u. It took me awhile to find a job too
Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #108
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Two of my friends work at centinela lol ill ask my friend to see wut he can do. Wuts ur name? Im chris btw i was going to work there too but they starting pay wasnt that great lol try also suburban/promise hospital, longwood subacute and kindred. Best of luck to u. It took me awhile to find a job too
Let me guess... you know John, since you're from Eagle Rock too lol. They pay isn't great, but it's a start. I don't plan on working there long, just to gain some experience. The registry I'm with pays $34, so I'm good with that.

If John's the one you know, he let his manager know about me and I got interviewed. I gotta wait until Thursday to find out.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #109
zilvia_brothers
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Let me guess... you know John, since you're from Eagle Rock too lol. They pay isn't great, but it's a start. I don't plan on working there long, just to gain some experience. The registry I'm with pays $34, so I'm good with that.

If John's the one you know, he let his manager know about me and I got interviewed. I gotta wait until Thursday to find out.
Lol yup john and i went to grade school together known him ever since i was little. Since you talked to john ur good to go man lol he was the one that was going to get me in. Yea registry does pay pretty good. Centinela is good experience since its a busy hospital
Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 AM   #110
GluedMyNuts
Zilvia Member

GluedMyNuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Professional Inceptor
GluedMyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #111
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm a design engineer for an international machine cutting tool manufacturer. I'm pursuing a MSME. I also work for the the DoD.

Hopefully be able to get a commision once I have my masters.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #112
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
oh man, i've thought about going for masters. but i hateedddddd school =\.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #113
WhipsGoneWild.net
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
WhipsGoneWild.net is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I am currently a student in Electronic Engineering and work at Geisinger Medical Center in Clinical Engineering where I service/ inspect/ network medical imaging equipment such as ultrasound x ray machines cat scan mri and 5.5 megawatt linear accelerators that treat cancer.

I also host the Whips Gone Wild auto show!
WhipsGoneWild.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #114
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I work in tuning and technical support/customer service for Diablosport.
vas570sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 AM   #115
supportTHEezln
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
supportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to supportTHEezln
This will sound ironic, but I'm an Air Quality Specialist at an environmental planning firm. We do CEQA review.
supportTHEezln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #116
bloodangels13
Zilvia Junkie

bloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to bloodangels13
Im currently a parts guy at a local Mercedes Benz dealer here in Nor VA till the end Jan. Then ill be an Army recruit. After graduation I'll be a Combat Engineer 12B. Im realy looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This post was brought to you by the number: Rum
And by the letter: Go Fuck Yourself
And also by viewers like you.
bloodangels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #117
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lol yup john and i went to grade school together known him ever since i was little. Since you talked to john ur good to go man lol he was the one that was going to get me in. Yea registry does pay pretty good. Centinela is good experience since its a busy hospital
I knew it, lol. That's cool. I figured Centinela would have good experience, it being in Inglewood and everything, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GluedMyNuts View Post
Professional Inceptor
Me too. I mindfuck the shit out of people.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #118
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
Judging by your majors there is no money in anything you are going to do. What kinds of positions would you consider a good starting position? Not trying to sound like an asshat but the combination sounds like maybe a whale trainer or something of the sort. I didn't think those people made a whole lot of money, more like they're in it for the love, not the money MJ. Marine Science/Marine Biology is one of the most competitive fields so I hope you are doing well academically, and even then its tough to make money in that field.

Sales Engineer
I'm pretty sure I can make the EBE thing work for myself. Haven't really planned out what I want to do, but I've never really felt like my job HAS to be super closely related to what I study. Doing the marine science minor because it interests me, I feel like the extra challenge will help me out, and the program has some cool classes with interesting opportunities. It also gives me a lot of opportunity to build relationships with people I might need to know if I do my grad work here at Scripps.

Making a lot of money isn't really my goal in life. People live and smile with a lot less than I have right now, and I doubt I'll be optionless in two years.

For where things stand right now, if putting on a wetsuit and working with whales 40+ hours a week was what I had to do, I wouldn't consider that a failure.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #119
XxCAPTAINxX
Zilvia Member

XxCAPTAINxX is an unknown quantity at this point
i am a powdercoater for a company that makes dental chairs.
i get to paint anything on my car i want in any color for FREE! so thats a plus.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #120
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
CEO of the business I started. Janitorial and general maintenance
godrifttoday is offline   Reply With Quote