Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
(Feeler) Stealth-Custom-Fab S13 fender braces

Ok boys and girls...I am very close to the release of the S13 fender braces and I want to get a feel for how big they are going to be. I have a couple sets out as a pre-release/ R&D phase. So far the feedback has been great.

Here are a few pics.

Price will be around $150.00 for a set plus shipping.

Tell me what you guys think.

Take care
Jonnie

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Have you thought about triangulating the two bars?

What about picking up both the upper door hinge bolts instead of just one?

The triangulation would add quite a bit of stiffness to the braces.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
sicj

Trader Rating: (0)
sicj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Have you thought about triangulating the two bars?

What about picking up both the upper door hinge bolts instead of just one?

The triangulation would add quite a bit of stiffness to the braces.

EVERYTHING he said...

triangulate the two and add the sencond bolt to the top brace and I will buy a set!

Can we get a side shot to see the thinckness of the tube size?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
i'd be interested in a pair
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

Old 07-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicj View Post
EVERYTHING he said...

triangulate the two and add the sencond bolt to the top brace and I will buy a set!

I will look at putting the third bar in, but most of the bracing is done with the lower bar.
As for the double bolts on the top, I did that on purpose so you would not have to take all four of the door bolts out to mount them.
I will try to get some of the test pilots to chime in to let you guys know what they think.

Thanks for the input
Jonnie

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 08-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
The bottom bar is in tension/bending, the top is in compression bending. Triangulating them keeps the bending component to a minimum.

What's the weight on the bars?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
Pirate_Freder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Pirate_Freder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'd take a pair. How far out are these?

I also need to get one of your front strut bars and your tension arm brace. BTW, you ever looked at doing a FSTB like rotorimp did where it braces against the firewall? I would love one like that + a master cylinder stopper if you can make one
Old 08-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I didn't have any issues with taking all 4 of my door bolts off on my S14 when I installed my URAS fender braces. I just did two at a time, and you put them back in loose so you can move the brace enough to take out the other two. The doors stay put even with only a few threads on each of the 4 bolts, haha.

Just offering some suggestions.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 08-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
Nacho_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
At this price, I would def snatch a set! Will the install be a bolt-on affair?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #10
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho_240 View Post
At this price, I would def snatch a set! Will the install be a bolt-on affair?
Completely bolt-on. I have my review of these on one of Jonnie Fraz's other threads. Highly recommended. Definitely helped tighten up the front end.

Only warning: for those w/ aftermarket fenders w/ those vents in the center, you will have to modify it accordingly because the bar will hit it; this is an issue with fender braces in general, not just Jonnie's.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 AM   #11
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeAs240sx View Post
Completely bolt-on. I have my review of these on one of Jonnie Fraz's other threads. Highly recommended. Definitely helped tighten up the front end.

Only warning: for those w/ aftermarket fenders w/ those vents in the center, you will have to modify it accordingly because the bar will hit it; this is an issue with fender braces in general, not just Jonnie's.
That's good to hear. I searched his other threads but didn't find the review. Could you lead/link me to it? And thx for the heads up brokeas240sx

BTW, i think i saw you and your vert at UCI once by the engineering parking structure. You're ride is very nice!
Old 08-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho_240 View Post
That's good to hear. I searched his other threads but didn't find the review. Could you lead/link me to it? And thx for the heads up brokeas240sx

BTW, i think i saw you and your vert at UCI once by the engineering parking structure. You're ride is very nice!
Yea, that's the one; I rarely drive that car around anymore since I have a daily driver now, haha.

You didn't see my post because it was in a Premium Member thread, so here it is copied out for you:

Received one of Jonnie's (pre-release?) fender braces! Fits perfect chassis-wise. Even works for s13 convertible guys (we have a factory brace) w/ a lil hammering - will leave a small gap where it mounts toward the front, though (no clue if that really affects anything in the long run - a small flat flange or piece of metal should fix that right up). This setup worked great in combination w/ the other front reinforcement parts I got for the car - you can definitely feel it in the turns @ autox.

Only bad thing at all is that aftermarket wide fenders w/ vents will not clear the brace. It looks like this is an issue with pretty much any triangular brace tho:

These fenders were nearly flush before. I don't care much for these fenders anyway, so not a big deal - but others considering buying any kind of fender brace should take this into account.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Hey buddy thanks for posting up the install pics. I tottally spaced that these were going on a vert, with that extra brace, I could have sent you some spacers to kick them out a bit.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 08-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Thx brokeas240sx! So when are these going on sale Jonnie?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #15
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
no s14 love?

因果関係の流れ
Old 08-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
Souljahzs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (66)
Souljahzs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicj View Post
EVERYTHING he said...

I'm with these guys, I also pick up a set just let me know when they are ready
Old 08-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #17
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeisNissan View Post
no s14 love?
Check out my web site...

Ask Luke how he likes his set.

And as far as the tubing... it is the weirdest size I could find...lol. It is 1-1/4" by 1/2". This shit is tough...on the S13 braces there is a bend in the lower tube. On the prototypes I did not relief cut the tube. I had to get it red hot to make the bend even with my bender.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 08-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #18
nismolism
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
nismolism is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
im intrested in these forsure
Old 08-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #19
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I was about to say, give us premie's a discount, but its already a damn good deal. There isn't anything else to say. I'll be PMing you very very soon.

Next thing you should make are C-Pillar and Trunk braces!! GTSpec needs some competition.

My YouTube Channel
Old 08-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #20
Rogue240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Rogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rogue240sx
Put me down for a Pair. Def want to see the other bar in there too though. Keep up the good fab work!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #21
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I'm down for a set since i do have all of your other pieces. Have been waiting for this one for a while now lmk
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #22
Rogue240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Rogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rogue240sx
I'm also patiently waiting for these to be released. Please let us know when you're ready.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #23
xanu8isx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
xanu8isx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
im interested in the braces all so let me when u start releasing it too.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #24
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I would definitely be in for a pair.

Actually I need to buy all of your braces. Had your tension brace on my first car and loved it.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #25
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by satal95 View Post
I'm down for a set since i do have all of your other pieces. Have been waiting for this one for a while now lmk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue240sx View Post
I'm also patiently waiting for these to be released. Please let us know when you're ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanu8isx View Post
im interested in the braces all so let me when u start releasing it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I would definitely be in for a pair.

Actually I need to buy all of your braces. Had your tension brace on my first car and loved it.
These are avalible! I do have a Preemie member discount as always, just PM me and I will give you the scoop.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 12-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #26
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What is the point of a fender brace again? I don't see any really, please enlighten me, great welds btw.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:18 AM   #27
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
The point of the fender brace is simple. The S chassis have a problem with their lower "frame rails" These are unibody cars, and since the chassis is doesnt actually act as a frame, it relies on just the sheet metal for all the strength. The fender braces fix an issue that our cars have, the lower unibody frame rails end pretty much at the fire wall, and the top of the strut tower which has all the suspended weight is only supported by the upper rail. Which ends at the forward door bulkhead. By connecting the front upper rail and the door mounting points you eliminate a bunch of flex. I run Stealth Custom Fab front strut tower bars, and Fender Braces on my car. They make a huge difference. You would think this opinion is biased. But it is completely true. My car would actually get random understeer and other uncontrollable things before. Even when we ran advan slicks the car felt solid with them. I suggest you guys buy his products. Everything I made here in the USA, and he stands behind his work.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
mestizo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
mestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Listen to Luke, he knows what he is talking about!

Also you would think I am biased about Jonnie's parts, but they wouldn't be on my car or any other car for that matter if they didn't actually work.

92 S13 Coupe Track Car
Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #29
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I would definitely order a set, as soon as i acquire funds, and sort out bills
Old 02-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #30
SWAT Team S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)