Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #151
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hell, I'm still running a gtx 260.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #152
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
how do I change the thread title?

how's the rift so far? I might get the osvr.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #153
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post

I have to do it. What do you want it changed to?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #154
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I've heard that, vulkan is harder to code for than ogengl. What game do you have?
I'm working on a hacking game set in the 80s. Tentatively titled Hackerium.

I want to release for all mainstream PC operating systems (Windows, Linux, and OSX), so that means using cross-platform tech everywhere. OpenGL fits the bill. It's not a particularly demanding game so I don't see any benefit to sinking in time retrofitting a new graphics API at the moment.

Quote:
Last time I had my rift hooked up there was a lack of quality software made for it and an abundance of shovelware. Facebook started lifting mass data from my computer (16GB over a period of 2 weeks) so I scrubbed by PC of any Oculus related software and haven't used it since.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:12 PM   #155
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
I have to do it. What do you want it changed to?
something simple... Gaming PC Builds & Hardware.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #156
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

I hear bestbuys now stock them, so check em out.. I do have an issue with mine with HDMI disconnects ... its a common issue (look at youtube).. but i think i may have solved it by zip-tieing the cable that plugs into it.. originally there is no strain relief on it..
https://forums.oculus.com/community/...nnect/p1?new=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHf28ZWggg

I should have dealt with customer service, but since i travel for work on weekdays, i jus didnt want to deal with all that shit.

But overall besides that, i like it. I dont play for hours unless i do some race nights.. Games where you rotate (like space sims, or flight sims) i get sick from (I do get motion sick in real life).... but for seated racing games, its no issue for me (Unless I reverse the car lol). but i can run assetto corsa for hours. Dirt Rally in the rift is amazing too.

Once they release the Rift Touch controllers, i think it will be better than the vive.. Only thing i see the vive having the edge in right now is the controllers and room scale.. but the rift should be able to do that once they release the controllers..

Added a sound blaster Z (i used to swear by separate sound cards being the best.. and i just never got around to tossing one in this rig).. and a crucial 1tb ssd (since i originally had a 240gb for my OS, and always kept my games on optical hard drives... figured its time to try SSD for games)

Decided to give Plasti-dip a try and spray my SSDs (removed the decals, so there goes the warranty)

Maybe someday I will swap to white tubing and that will be it. or try those rigid hard tubes and bend them.

Decided to ditch my 10+ year old logitech 5.1 speakers.. for a simplier 2.1 setup https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/m50w
Old 10-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #157
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

lol NVidia paswell
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-2...u-speculation/

cmon amd save us.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #158
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
nvidia 1070 vs 970/980? which would you buy?

specs of pc: i7 4790k, 32gb ram, 250gb ssd, 600w gold power supply
Old 10-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #159
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

if you really need a card now. ebay a 390x or 970.
I would get a 390x. it has a bit of head room with 8gb and dx12 ace.
970 is a dead-end card.

you should know also...rx490 will probably be at 1070 price range with the rumor 1080 performance.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #160
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^^oh I hope so. Amd would kill it if that could match a 1080 at 1070 pricing. Hell if they could match the 1070 and slightly cheaper i think they would have a win.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #161
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

well, makes sense. big vega11 will be taking over furyx price. to take on 4k aka the gpu crusher. they also have the dual vega10.

lol titanxp

how the hell are we going to run 8k

https://www.monitornerds.com/sharp-120hz-8k-monitor/
Old 10-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #162
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i sold my 970 for $150 =P

1070 seems like the bargain , you can get one from jet.com and use a coupon to knock it down some. just option for no-return etc to bring the price down even more.. (if you have issues, just RMA it). I went with MSI because I liked the color theme of keeping MSI in my system, but I read performance wise, that any of them are capable of the same overclocks. Which I am seeing, as I cant overclock mine that much more from the default clock of my card (but my card is already clocked higher than typical cards)..

Deus Ex Mankind Divided has been taking up my spare time on weekends (since i travel for work during weekdays).. Im one of those slow gamers who just enjoys the detail in games, spends the time just walking around rather than rushing through the missions lol
Old 10-09-2016, 11:04 PM   #163
HyperTek
Post Whore!

I see some people (mostly non- oculus rift owners) complaining, but we are finally gettting our Touch controllers for the rift in december, at $199 though.. (which puts it overall at the same cost as the Vive). But I dont mind, as i originally bought the rift as the cheaper alternative just for sit down sim racing (which it doesnt need controllers).

Some pretty badass games coming out for rift though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rhEsvzQv4M

Overrall, the future of VR being accepted by the masses, seems like it will be judged upon how well the Playstation4 handles it. I may also get the ps4 VR setup just to support it. But if it flops, it might hurt VR, who knows.. .still early in the VR world.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:37 PM   #164
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

still not sure if I want to spend money or time with the ps4 pro. I rather get new pc hardware.

I def want a cpu update. kabylake is released within the same time frame. if the 40% single core and 20% multithread performance bump over skylake lives up to the leaked bench. its going to be hard to resist.

or if amd release some info on zen and tops/matches top intelcpus. ill wait till next year.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #165
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

finally a good review of the lg 38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTUCPX0w3u8

3840x1600
75hz ips freesync
too good

we need hdr though.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #166
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
i sold my 970 for $150 =P

I bought an ASUS Geforce GTX970 Turbo last year...and just got an email the other day about a class action settlement...

https://www.gtx970settlement.com/Home.aspx

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:12 PM   #167
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
well, makes sense. big vega11 will be taking over furyx price. to take on 4k aka the gpu crusher. they also have the dual vega10.

lol titanxp
Mafia III graphics are garbage, as is the rest of the game.

I am waiting on someone to release a high end passively cooled graphics card. Although my hopes are not high, so I may just have to rig something together when I decide to upgrade. I am one of those 0dB fanless PC weirdos.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:51 PM   #168
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

yeah 2k mafie3 quality control is pretty bad. optimization and bugs are every where. its like they didn't hire game testers at all.

anyways gow4 bench http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html
Old 10-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #169
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Alphacool has you covered with 1080gtx passive cooler
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/alp...a-coolers.html
Old 10-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #170
Future240
Future Moderator

Said fuck it and ordered a rx 470. I'm not balling like y'all lol.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:21 AM   #171
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ok so I just found out about GTX 1060, from my research its better than R9 380x for the same price...and is like $180 cheaper than GTX 1070... seems like the biggest downside is no SLI capability, so I couldn't add another card down the road if I wanted to. I'm not super into video games, I just want a solid video card that can handle 3D CAD programs and rendering.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:52 AM   #172
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Said fuck it and ordered a rx 470. I'm not balling like y'all lol.
which one?

http://wccftech.com/amd-polaris-revi...ance-per-watt/

vega 11/ rx 580?
8 gb hbm2!!!
Old 10-15-2016, 03:37 AM   #173
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Ok so I just found out about GTX 1060, from my research its better than R9 380x for the same price...and is like $180 cheaper than GTX 1070... seems like the biggest downside is no SLI capability, so I couldn't add another card down the road if I wanted to. I'm not super into video games, I just want a solid video card that can handle 3D CAD programs and rendering.
I said 390x. theyre like under $200 @ ebay.

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-di...ks-amd-nvidia/

Last edited by BOROSUN; 10-15-2016 at 12:21 PM..
Old 10-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #174
Future240
Future Moderator

I got the xfx rs. Should be here Monday.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #175
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

just got doom. pretty good game so far. amazingly optimized and smooth.

got the cool looking collector figurine.

running ultra @ 4k. I couldn't see any fps difference with opengl and vulkan.
did a quick search for a bench.

yep. i'm actually getting 79-80 avg.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #176
Future240
Future Moderator

I know its not a ballin as 1080 but OMG DUDE. This 470 is leagues better than the 7950. 3dmark sky diver went from 12K to 21K and I have not even over clocked it yet.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #177
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Man I just saw this thread pop up on title page. Man so many OG's here... Any Comp Overwatch players here?
Old 10-18-2016, 07:00 PM   #178
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
So I picked up this computer that's ancient but built? It's got an led counter with switches and shit. No clue what I got but any computer guru that could help me? Pm me please
Old 10-18-2016, 07:13 PM   #179
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
So i was thinking of doing an i7/gtx 1070 build for gaming and some light video editing. I haven't owned a self-built PC in a while...since high school to be exact. Obviously I haven't followed the technology for quite some time. Through a little research i arrived at i7/1070 build. I may be a bit over my budget since I need peripherals and monitors, so i may cut it back to an i5/1070 setup just to game. Video making is just a hobby and not totally essential, though it would be nice to do. What are the limits of an i5 for video editing? Is 1080p/60 fine? I don't have super nice equipment so I won't be rendering 4k or anything like that.

Is there any technology coming out that I should wait for?

Any killer black friday/cyber monday deals that I should cash in on?
Old 10-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #180
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
I know its not a ballin as 1080 but OMG DUDE. This 470 is leagues better than the 7950. 3dmark sky diver went from 12K to 21K and I have not even over clocked it yet.
nice, xfx is great AIB choice . interested how much you can OC the 470. if you can hit 480 clocks that's even a better bargain.

gtx1080 will be hi-mid tier card next year. lost in the mix. lol. main reason was, I wanted to stay single card @ 4k. i'll be back on amd once they release vega.