Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #91
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i feel like jacking it from the rear like that would put alot of torsional stress on the entire frame/chassis.

i'm just a guy with a lowered/stock bodied s13. i get down on one knee, slide the jack in there, ram the gas tank a little, and before i know it, she's up in the air!
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #92
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you guys still talking about this?

you know it adds weight, right? :-) maybe it double functions as a brace..??

hartecorners.com
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #93
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Another idea.

Run a steal plate 5"wide x width of the frame rails.

Then mount this bad-boy to it! right in the center.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

My S13 is apx 12" off the ground where this would mount up under/behind the bumper.

At full jack, that would raise me apx 12-16"

Would be cool to rig it so that you just slip on a power drill to a small rod sticking of your bumper or somethin.
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #94
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
You know they make 12V scissor jacks, right? One on each side, at the OE jack points, bingo. Car is raised. Takes what, 20 seconds each side? Plus you can carry one in place of the OE scissor jack, the other in the spare tire well. No taking up room, no big, bulky items to carry, no crying about having to use (gasp) your own muscles. Hell, buy four and raise all four corners.

Seriously, if you're at a track event and the extra 5 minutes required to jack the car up is an issue, what type of tracking are you doing? Maybe drifting is different (I wouldn't know, I'm not ghey) but autocross, grip, anything else you have a good 20-30 minutes between runs, and plenty of time before and after to change wheels. If you need to change shit that fast, rent a pit crew.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #95
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Seriously, if you're at a track event and the extra 5 minutes required to jack the car up is an issue, what type of tracking are you doing? Maybe drifting is different (I wouldn't know, I'm not ghey) but autocross, grip, anything else you have a good 20-30 minutes between runs, and plenty of time before and after to change wheels. If you need to change shit that fast, rent a pit crew.

LOL omfg...lol

or say fuck it...spend the 3k and air jack system...and pit crew...if its slower that 15 seconds its free...lol

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #96
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
LOL omfg...lol

or say fuck it...spend the 3k and air jack system...and pit crew...if its slower that 15 seconds its free...lol
...I never said that.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 AM   #97
sideways_s14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
sideways_s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideways_s14
haha, wow, step away from the thread for a few days and come back to 4pages!? I created a monster!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #98
Howlermonkey
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Howlermonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I be a little worried about it removing the empty space between your gas tank and the rear bumper structure.

Anything back there is just a rear ending away from a possible fire.
Howlermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:24 AM   #99
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you guys still talking about this?

you know it adds weight, right? :-) maybe it double functions as a brace..??

hartecorners.com
LOL! the reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlermonkey View Post
I be a little worried about it removing the empty space between your gas tank and the rear bumper structure.

Anything back there is just a rear ending away from a possible fire.
Not on an S14/S15... fuel tank's above and in front of the differential. Additionally, I think that if S13s tended to ignite when rear-ended, we'd hear more about it... seeing as how everyone seems to have crashed an S13 at some point on this forum. Just sayin.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #100
Howlermonkey
Leaky Injector

Howlermonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Forgot about the fuel tank being where it is in the S13.

I was going off a picture of the product that showed it between the tank and bumper reinforcement on some other car.

I used to make custom trailer hitches for Z cars and spent a lot of time making sure that I did not make the car a fire trap.
Howlermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:15 AM   #101
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
LOL! the reference.

Not on an S14/S15... fuel tank's above and in front of the differential. Additionally, I think that if S13s tended to ignite when rear-ended, we'd hear more about it... seeing as how everyone seems to have crashed an S13 at some point on this forum. Just sayin.
The rear section of the frame rails on S13s are heavily reinforced, They're made to withstand a good bit. That's why a lot of cars you see rearended have the quarter panels buckled instead of the bumper just caving in. It's to protect the tank.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #102
Slip&Sliden 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Slip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I made something like this for my car not to long ago. I notched the bumper support and then welded a scrap piece of C-channel to the bottom of it. Then some spare 1.5 dom tubeing and another piece of C-channel for "pad" for the jack to sit on. Kind of crude but it works for me, easier then taking of aero plus using ramps to get a jack under the car.

Slip&Sliden 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:28 AM   #103
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
i wonder...can a stock s13 trailer a track s13? ...hmmm

maybe i should put the hight on the coupe and find out...lol

Old 08-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #104
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Quote:

Seriously doubt it. Since a trailer has tremendous tongue weight, and all hitches designed for the 240 are simply attached to the rear-bumper support.

Even with a tow bar connected to the front of another S13, it would be too much stress pulling on the trailer hitch (again mounted to the bumper support).

If the trailer hitch could somehow be attached at the frame-rails, like all other trailer hitches, then maybe (still doubt it)

*edit* how freakin cool would it be to have the Daily Vert tow the Track Vert - lol
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #105
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehsilvia View Post
Seriously doubt it. Since a trailer has tremendous tongue weight, and all hitches designed for the 240 are simply attached to the rear-bumper support.

Even with a tow bar connected to the front of another S13, it would be too much stress pulling on the trailer hitch (again mounted to the bumper support).

If the trailer hitch could somehow be attached at the frame-rails, like all other trailer hitches, then maybe (still doubt it)
maybe someone should sell a trailer hitch that welds onto your diff

you know, since its like... the strongest part of the s13.

weld-diff-trailer-hitch

awesome
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:44 AM   #106
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:

weld-diff-trailer-hitch

awesome
LOL - i could just see it. Pics of the rear sub-frame ripped from the car.

Would HAVE to be the frame-rails or nothin. But still aint happenin.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #107
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehsilvia View Post

*edit* how freakin cool would it be to have the Daily Vert tow the Track Vert - lol

i was thinking the same about the coupe workin for the hatch LOL
Quote:

weld-diff-trailer-hitch

awesome
DO IT!!!! lol

Old 08-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #108
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:

only way a 240 could tow a 240 would be if you use an RV towing system

like this one

keep all 4 wheels on the ground, and angle it to reduce tounge weight to a minimum

but still it would be kinda lame to do that. the only reason i looked into this system is it would be a cheaper alternative to a full trailer. but hope you don't fuck up your car other wise you will be SOL
Old 09-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #109
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip&Sliden 240 View Post
I made something like this for my car not to long ago. I notched the bumper support and then welded a scrap piece of C-channel to the bottom of it. Then some spare 1.5 dom tubeing and another piece of C-channel for "pad" for the jack to sit on. Kind of crude but it works for me, easier then taking of aero plus using ramps to get a jack under the car.

People this is the right idea. do it, I am.
TUnity2 is offline   Reply With Quote