Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Suspension

Old 07-16-2014, 02:33 AM   #1
GKTECH
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
GKTECH is making a name for him/her selfGKTECH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
GKTech - Steering Rack Spacer Set + Offset Steering Rack Spacers

4130 High Tensile Steel Steering Rack Spacer Set

The GKTECH high tensile 4130 zinc coated tie rod extenders screw on to the end of either standard or aftermarket tie rods and allow the tie rods to travel further into the steering rack which creates more steering lock. Great for drift or getting out of parking spots. Can be used either with or without the extra washer (included) to offer a grand total of 19mm's extra lock without compromising on the amount of thread left in the steering rack.

- DIY installation (not as easy as the washer install but still not too hard)
- CNC machined high tensile zinc coated 4130 steel

Vehicle Compatibility:
- Nissan 180Sx
- Nissan S13 Silvia
- Nissan S14 200SX
- Nissan S15 200SX
- Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T (2WD)
- Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R (AWD)

Price: 36 AUD (approx. 31 USD)

Shipping cost: From 22 AUD (approx. 21 USD)

Zilvia.net intro offer of $30 shipping credit when you spend over $100 using the discount code "Zilvia.net" in the checkout for the month of July.

ORDER HERE: http://www.gktech.com/index.php/4130...pacer-set.html

FAQ

Do I need to buy 1 of these rack spacers or 2?

You only need to buy 1 as it's not possible to run 2 unless you're running near zero ackerman (probably unlikely)

How does this steering rack spacer work?

The steering rack spacer screws between the steering rack and your passengers side tie rod. It allows the steering rack to travel an extra 13mm's while the washer which is to be installed on the drivers side allows for an additional 6mm's of travel. Giving a grand total of 19mm's of additional steering rack travel = more lock.

I've installed the rack spacer and I've got a heap of toe in, what happened?

You need to trim your passengers side tie rod down around 13mm's to counteract the extra 13mm's that you've just put into the length of the rack. Do NOT trim too much off or else you'll need to get a new tie rod.

What's the difference between this screw on steering rack spacer and the lock washers that you sell?

The steering rack spacer gives in total an additional 19mm's of travel where as the lock washers only offer 12mm's of travel (6mm's each)

4130 High Tensile Offset Steering Rack Extenders

The GKTECH high tensile 4130 zinc coated offset tie rod extenders screw on to the end of either standard or aftermarket tie rods and allow the tie rods to travel further into the steering rack which creates more steering lock with the added bonus of moving the tie rod position forward 25mm's which helps reduce steering bind. Great for drift or getting out of parking spots. The offset rack spacers are a great alternative to moving the steering rack forward and offer 17mm's extra lock without compromising on the amount of thread left in the steering rack.

- DIY installation (not as easy as the washer install but still not too hard)
- CNC machined high tensile zinc coated 4130 steel with grade 12.9 bolts

Vehicle Compatibility:
- Nissan 180SX
- Nissan S13 Silvia
- Nissan S14 200SX
- Nissan S15 200SX
- Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T (2WD)

NOTE that on S13 CA18 steering racks and R32 steering racks with HICAS you will need to notch your steering rack on one side.
- Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T (2WD)
- Nissan Skyline R34 GTT (2WD)
- Nissan Cefiro A31

Price: 59 AUD (approx. 50 USD)

Shipping cost: From 36.36 AUD (approx. 34 USD)

Zilvia.net intro offer of $30 shipping credit when you spend over $100 using the discount code "Zilvia.net" in the checkout for the month of July.

ORDER HERE: http://www.gktech.com/index.php/offs...extenders.html

FAQ

Are these sold individually or as a pair, your price is so much cheaper than the others selling these!?

These are sold as a pair. Ie. the price listed is for a pair. These are a pretty straight forward item to machine up, it's not rocket science.

How does this offet steering rack spacer work?

The offset steering rack spacers screw into your steering rack and move the tie rod end position forward 25mm's. It helps reduce steering bind (aka tie rod goes over center). It allows the steering rack to travel an extra 17mm's. An extra 17mm's of additional steering rack travel = more lock.

I've installed the rack spacer and I've got a heap of toe in, what happened?

You need to trim your passengers side tie rod down around 16mm's to counteract the extra 16mm's that you've just put into the length of the rack. Do NOT trim too much off or else you'll need to get a new tie rod.

What's the difference between this offset steering rack spacer and the non offset steering rack spacer that you sell?

The offset steering rack spacer moves the tie rod end mount forward 25mm's where as the standard non offset steering rack spacer is a direct extension and doesn't relocate the mounting points. The offset steering rack spacer is only needed with aftermarket or modified knuckles where as the non offset steering rack spacer can be used with the standard knuckles.

For any inquiries please e-mail us at [email protected]

Last edited by GKTECH; 07-16-2014 at 06:00 AM..
GKTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
sr20time
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
sr20time is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Can i get more insight as to how these get installed. One side is bumped forward by up toward the car. And the other set is forward and down. Is this correct. Or should they be both forward and level or parallel.
sr20time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #3
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20time View Post
Can i get more insight as to how these get installed. One side is bumped forward by up toward the car. And the other set is forward and down. Is this correct. Or should they be both forward and level or parallel.
sr20time - simply remove the outer/inner tie rods from your front knuckle and steering rack. Place these GKTech rack spacers on the rack itself, aligning the notches with the indentions on the steering rack (so it doesn't move when you torque down the bolt). Then simply thread you inner/outer tie rod into the spacer and reconnect your front knuckle. Done.

Not to sound like a dick but your question will be answered easily if you have ever seen a S13/S14 steering rack. These spacers sit parallel with the ground, with the threaded bolt/notches sitting forward toward the front of your car.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:40 AM   #4
OMFGeofffff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
OMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
He most likely has a early s13 steering rack. The drivers side should line up fine (parallel to ground pointing forward). The passenger side won't line up right and will need the notches grinded off.
OMFGeofffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 PM   #5
Breakbeat93
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Breakbeat93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Mine put both forward and maybe 10 degrees downward also. S14 rack.
Breakbeat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:15 AM   #6
nikolas4g63
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nikolas4g63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To Anyone using a moded knuckle and the offset spacers for binding issue.
Are these safe to run in the road. I heard a lot of stories that these put wrong stress on the steering rack and may result in a possible rack failure.
As i dont want to go all the hussle of moving the steering rack this would be the easiest to solve the binding issue.
Any advice from people that actualy have them?

thanks
nikolas4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 03:04 AM   #7
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone with HICAS know if this gives you weird, unpredictable steering?

My steering feels like there is a loose tie rod or something after installing this, despite everything being tight. I am thinking it's a HICAS issue?

I'm on a 1998 KRPS13 with HICAS.
Thanks!!
Old 04-05-2023, 10:38 PM   #8
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
Anyone with HICAS know if this gives you weird, unpredictable steering?

My steering feels like there is a loose tie rod or something after installing this, despite everything being tight. I am thinking it's a HICAS issue?

I'm on a 1998 KRPS13 with HICAS.
Thanks!!
I would imagine giving your front more steering angle than the rear is ratio'd for would introduce some sketchy driving characteristics.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:30 AM   #9
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Falkon. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the HICAS going crazy -- it gives me super unpredictable, self-changing steering lol.

So, for those with HICAS who are thinking about the offset rack spacers, be aware you will likely need to delete HICAS in order to run this!!