Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Spare tire

Anyone know who carries spare tires for an s14 donut? Mine is shredded from the previous owner, and I can't get the numbers off the sidewall. What size is it supposed to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
be baller and roll with out haha
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
just buy a pair of stockers for cheap

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
i can tell you tomorrow night if no one does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
be baller and roll with out haha

i guess that means im a baller.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #5
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by I10cruiser View Post
just buy a pair of stockers for cheap
Can't. Need vertical trunk space.

And I would roll without a spare... except having a tire blow up isn't cool when you don't have a spare in your daily driver. In fact, my s14 is my only vehicle.

Quote:
Quote:
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
no spare here!

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #7
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
I don't suppose a S13 spare would be the same would it?
or a R32 spare? I've got both lying around, I could check if it'd help.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #8
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed180 View Post
I don't suppose a S13 spare would be the same would it?
or a R32 spare? I've got both lying around, I could check if it'd help.
R32 may be a match, but my s14 is an SE, so a 4 lugger won't be the same.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
Pank
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i BET an FC spare is the same size. i'll check mine when i go smoke

edit: nvm, no clue where it is

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
Mikey88
Zilvia Member

Mikey88 is on a distinguished road
yah fc spares work haha and fds i used my buddies fd spare (gay little yellow thing) and its the same bolt pattern but it looks gay as fuck
Mikey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #11
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
R32: 145/80/16
S13: 135/90/15

Hope that helps.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Lol mine is yellow and gay as fuck. I'm gonna paint it with some gay stripes to make it even more gay as fuck...

Or have it powdercoated hot pink metallic....

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:23 PM   #13
Mikey88
Zilvia Member

Mikey88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 View Post
Lol mine is yellow and gay as fuck. I'm gonna paint it with some gay stripes to make it even more gay as fuck...

Or have it powdercoated hot pink metallic....
haha this made me laugh
Mikey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #14
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
This is what it says in my '95 S14 FSM

T125/70D15
TT35/80D15
T125/90D16

It says the 16 was an optional spare size.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
driven_
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
driven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i can check tomorrow morning.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #16
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
how about get a full size spare??? can probably get a used rim/tire combo for less than a new donut with mount and balance.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 AM   #17
vespaman
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (64)
vespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to beholdvespaman is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 64 reviews
what about 300zx??
it's fit and clear z32 caliper.
vespaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:46 AM   #18
zugoi
Zilvia Junkie

zugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to behold
Thats true but if it doesnt flip the spare around and mount it that way. BALLLLLER FLUSHNESS
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 AM   #19
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugoi View Post
Thats true but if it doesnt flip the spare around and mount it that way. BALLLLLER FLUSHNESS
looks as such

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 AM   #20
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
that reminds me, i'm still driving my 4 lug donut around, even tho i went 5-lug in april... but what the hell...more weight on rear axle = more traction
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:04 AM   #21
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
my s14 one was yellow.

i made it into pacman.
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:08 AM   #22
dahbeeed
Zilvia Member

dahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to behold
no spare here....thats what AAA is for.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 AM   #23
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
you could roll without a spare and just keep a patch kit with you instead. that's what I have. actually plugged up two holes caused by nails on one tire. rolled around for an hour, no leaks whatsoever.

I think I picked mine up at autozone.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 AM   #24
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
I just run a patch kit myself. I had to use it once on my tires and they held up fine for 4 months with no leaks and even went above 100 mph on a couple of occasions. And if you need something more than a patch kit that's what AAA is for, oh and also to fill up your tire after putting the patch on.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:03 AM   #25
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ for that you get one of those portable air pumps

They're pretty cheap too, just takes awhile.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:23 AM   #26
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

I don't have AAA. Maybe I should look into membership lol. A patch kit doesn't work when your wheels were previously ran on a car with a bunch of camber and so the sidewall splits at the top cause they're so worn....

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:20 AM   #27
Icy13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Icy13 will become famous soon enoughIcy13 will become famous soon enoughIcy13 will become famous soon enoughIcy13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^That would be a job for new tires sir :-P

But in all seriousness, I would say a patch kit is just fine considering that is all that shipped with the OEM mazda rx-8. On top of that, though, I was wondering how the patch kit rolls with lifetime warranty on tires provided by shops like NTB?

and what did you do with the extra space in the trunk? I was thinking sub at some point, but w/e.
Icy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #28
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Went five lug four years ago and gave the spare to the guy that bought the old wheels. Never kept a spare in the well since.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #29
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
OE S14 5lug spare clears Z32 brakes also, remember the cars overseas had those brakes stock so the spare has to clear them.

The early Z32 spares are nice, TT ones are aluminum, very slick, while the early NAs are steel and collapsible, they came with a can of to inflate it. I have one of each, can't decide which one to keep. They're both a little taller and raise the board up a bit, but fit fine. With the collapsible one you have more room for storage too. Later Z32s were just like the S14, big steel wheel with a inflated tire.

The S14 spares come in two colors, 95-96 spares are yellow, 97-98s are black.

I also carry a plug kit and air compressor, you never know what can happen.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #30
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahbeeed View Post
no spare here....thats what AAA is for.
So if your tire blows out and shreds a few miles from your house you'd rather call AAA instead of putting the spare on and drive home or to a Tire shop? AAA always take for-fucking-ever to come and I'd rather only use up the available usages if I absolutely have to.