Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
S14 Kouki Design Theft

This is a heads up to designers, engineers etc on here. I know Bigs, AKSamurai, and a few others do design work. This is something you should read, hopefully you know already.:

I now kind of understand what companies feel like when someone comes out with a rep./knockoff.

A company in the UK called AeroKit held a design contest on FB. Against my better judgement I entered. As soon as I submitted the design I was told that regardless of who won they wanted to produce my design. The rules were the first design to 1k likes won and would get a bunch of useless crud, but most of all credit for the design. Long story short, AeroKit found an "out" not to give credit for the design claiming that it never reached 1K likes and that the design was different from what I submitted. Basically kick rocks. For a while they didn't produce it until I saw my bumper on a car in a RANDOM video in the UK.

*My name has been changed so that I do not contract EBola

I have a lawyer on stand by, but really all I want is a bumper and credit for the design.

The moral of the story is: Do not flippin' do design contests. They are a way to get cheap/free labor. Your work is only as valuable as you make it. If you work for free then you not only cheapen your work but every other designer out there too. I knew this but chose to do it anyway.

Also Beyonce is a man.
The evidence is clear.
But mostly STOP DOING FREE DESIGN WORK. Not only are S-Chassis owners cheap, the companies that cater to them are too.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think this company is shit for doing this. I also think that if they do intended to move forward make and sell these it could be to your ultimate benefit once the legal book is thrown at them, but the bottom line is, yes they are wrong for this.

oh and I think you design work is dope, i see a few stuffs on the gram keep it up!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What the fuck?

Talk about shrewd, If it was me, I would go on a head hunt for them hoes. That is crazy as hell. I understand that you truly just want your credit and a bumper, but, I truly feel bad for the possible other people who HAS experience what you just encountered but have no resources or financial backing to action. ESPECIALLY if it's by the same company

Your designs is banging homie, and I wish you luck man.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wow this sucks. i remember this contest. aerokits need to be boo-ed pronto.

aerokits, u need to man up on your part of the contest.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
Mr.Doback
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Mr.Doback is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Beavo Laude....got more head than he got body.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #6
Chl_drifter
Leaky Injector

Chl_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doback View Post
Lmao at this comment. Great bumper design BTW
Chl_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #7
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
I just posted this on my facebook ! Trying to help abit with those thef in our car community

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
I appreciate the support guys. I'm not the type of person who is vindictive but out of principle if they don't make good I will have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
wow this sucks. i remember this contest. aerokits need to be boo-ed pronto.

aerokits, u need to man up on your part of the contest.

LOL +2 for the gif. I miss Chapelle Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doback View Post
+2 for catching that reference!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #9
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wow, what a low move on their part.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #10
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Wow. I just realized that I did get the number of likes they wanted and then some.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:14 PM   #11
Nvkreationz

Nvkreationz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Wow. I just realized that I did get the number of likes they wanted and then some.

Off topic but I spy my buddy and brothers comments. Design looks sick! I wouldn't wastetoo much time or money on this. They should own up or boycott them!
Nvkreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #12
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
the irony would be if some copied it and put them out of business.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #13
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
il share this too

i just about had some respect for them for actually appealing for original designs rather than ripping off well known brands

thats gone now lol

obee pm me your fb dude
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #14
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Rendering/concept looks 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than their finished product.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #15
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

coty_garcia is an unknown quantity at this point
This front bumper with 326 fenders
coty_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #16
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
You got jacked like one of those Nigerian scams...

and thats dwight....

dwhight around yo lips
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #17
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
that's messed up man. on the plus side, the render looks much better
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #18
Bokeh
Leaky Injector

Bokeh is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope karma bites them in the ass. Great job rendering OP.
Bokeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:52 PM   #19
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That's fucked up man. that render does look awesome. good luck getting this sorted out
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:44 AM   #20
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
What can you do?
The Company is in the uk and your... Not.
Your design is very nice and i like it a lot
I just wanna know what you can actually do ..legally

I hope you get what you deserve man. This is nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #21
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I know this story All Too Well!
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #22
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Damn dude. That sucks bro, I remember I spoke to you about this and I was going to send them some of my renderings too. Hope you get this situated and get what you deserve. Keep me posted. I'm still sitting on all my renderings
Old 10-29-2014, 10:25 PM   #23
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Just lurked through their photos and found the design pic, gave them a peace of my mind

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #24
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Thanks for the support dudes. I'm still waiting from a response from them. If not I will speak to my lawyer and see what my options are.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #25
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Sucks that companies are like this. Hope it all works out, that is a badass rendering though man, bravo.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #26
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
damn they trippin, shits super dope btw
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #27
Chl_drifter
Leaky Injector

Chl_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Lmao

Girl scout cookies 😌
Chl_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #28
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn that sucks my man... Your art looks a million times better then the crap that they produced.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #29
jdm-specs
Leaky Injector

jdm-specs is an unknown quantity at this point
BOO AeroKit.... BOO AeroKit to hell.... I'm boycotting their products from now on...just for you lol
jdm-specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #30
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Obee- What ever came of this?