Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Round of applause to Riverside PD! youtube vid

YouTube - Riverside Police Target Street Racing

this might be old for some of you.. but man this is stupid.. They set up a check point, and the news media likes to title the whole thing as targeting street racers..

They shouldnt be able to stereotype modded cars that are no where near a street race environment.. thats like me getting suspected of being a rapist because i got a penis.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
getting pwned for an inake...
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
s13boy89
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
s13boy89 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13boy89
lol
wow glad i dont visit my family anymore i would have gotten raped
Old 05-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
victo.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
victo. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to victo.
well looks like riverside is off the map for places to visit haha
Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
aoiken3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
aoiken3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
if you play it from 1:11, it says "in most cases, drivers were stopped at random" and then they show a stopped evo. shows their idea of what the word random means
Old 05-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
saw someone post these pics on myspace , i suppose they where leaving the eibach meet

these are teh type of cars they need to pull over, people drivign with no hoods etc
Old 05-18-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Said this multiple times already, but all of this shit is just plain irritating.

I LOVE working on my car.

I've never been one to add something to my car for the sake of making it faster.

Hell, I love my slow ass single slammer.

They can pull me over all they want.

They're not going to get anything out of me other than a fix it ticket for either being too low or an exhaust ticket.

Both easy fixes.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:01 AM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
LOL, what scammers. They are using a street racing grant to run a DUI checkpoint("Safety checkpoint").
Old 05-19-2009, 12:10 AM   #9
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Andddd this is why I still have a stock KA (minus exhaust).
Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #10
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i just dont think i could enjoy owning a modded/custom car if it stayed in the garage all the time, thats why i like to drive my car.. otherwise id just build some gran turismo cars lmao.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:38 AM   #11
s14gmo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
s14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
thats like me getting suspected of being a rapist because i got a penis.
LOL this is the consequence of living in cali CVPD is doing the same thing
s14gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #12
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
the EVO had no front plate, they didnt say any about it

but Riverside does have a shitload of ricers....
Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #13
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
I passed through one of those abt a year ago. cop asked me if i was modded, I said Yes, He asked to pop my hood I asked for a warrent, fuckers had me there for a little over an hour then popped my hood, i was back on the road in about 10 minutes after i passed the DB test lol. Twin Turbo Z32 FTW

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #14
DDDsquad_s13panda
BANNED

Trader Rating: (7)
DDDsquad_s13panda is making a name for him/her selfDDDsquad_s13panda is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
JDM-01 plates...??? comeon, how much of a fanboy is that guy. getting everything JDM to be JDM, his trying to hard... and thats why real TUNERs are gettin screwed...

i hope this dont get outta hand then they'll start checkpoints every thursday right outside ADAMS TRACK...
DDDsquad_s13panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #15
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
bunch of fucking idiots. they spend money on stupid shit like this? then raise our taxes? wtf... 4 people died in riverside that COULD have been Associated with street racing? prolly was some idiots in stock vehicles being jackasses. maybe we should be more money into the school system to teach kids not to be fucking idiots.

WHY would you want your car to go faster? its only for street racing? BULLSHIT. how come you can buy cars stock at 400hp now cheap. meanwhile those civics that are getting all this shit have like a maximum of 200hp...

what these cops, and politicians, etc get out of this i have no idea. but whatever it is they get out of this they need to get over it and move on. or shove it up their ass.

one of the most irritating things for me to see or read about. pisses me off
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:25 AM   #16
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
If they asked me why I had an intake on my Civic I'd say,

"It sounds better and makes my car faster, this shit is slow, who am I gonna race?"

The funny thing is when people are dying from street racing there are like way more people dying from other crimes and shit they could be handling.

Popping people for street racing without proof is just a cheap way to make revenue.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #17
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ I woulda ripped that cop apart if he tried to get me with that lame logic - "why would you want to add power, if not to street race?" LOLZ @ him.

But yeah, we had one of these in Baldwin Park last week, just North of the 10fwy, as you come over the bridge on Baldwin Park Blvd - disguised as a "DUI Checkpoint", all they were doing was checking driver's licenses, cause I guess we have a bunch of illegals over here. I drove right through with my Tacoma that has expired tags lol, gave the cop the "White-boy wave" as I went and he just nodded me though. It was funny to see people try to flip a bitch when they saw it, only to see a cop race out from a parking spot and pull 'em over. Suckas.

It is definitely bullshit that they spend the dollars on that and play it off as "public safety", trying to pull street racers off the street - testing for DUI's on the other hand, I am all for.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #18
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
"public safety" is an excuse for taking away rights.

my opinion in this matter is "fuck public safety", i only care about my rights.

you got a problem with that? go join them. be another sheep.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #19
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
^^^ I woulda ripped that cop apart if he tried to get me with that lame logic - "why would you want to add power, if not to street race?" LOLZ @ him.

But yeah, we had one of these in Baldwin Park last week, just North of the 10fwy, as you come over the bridge on Baldwin Park Blvd - disguised as a "DUI Checkpoint", all they were doing was checking driver's licenses, cause I guess we have a bunch of illegals over here. I drove right through with my Tacoma that has expired tags lol, gave the cop the "White-boy wave" as I went and he just nodded me though. It was funny to see people try to flip a bitch when they saw it, only to see a cop race out from a parking spot and pull 'em over. Suckas.

It is definitely bullshit that they spend the dollars on that and play it off as "public safety", trying to pull street racers off the street - testing for DUI's on the other hand, I am all for.
It's totally a DUI/safety checkpoint.

They got funding from the state to stop "street racing" so they invite some web journalist over that is just happy to have a story. Then they feed him the street racing BS and he laps it up.

Notice in the video all the people ticked and/or arrested is for license, registration and DUI.

Hey Officer, why do you have that gun? To shoot and kill people? Do you know people that shoot and kill people?
Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
California could use the extra money.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #21
turboeic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Yea they always have them on Ramona. They have a sign that says "DUI Checkpoint". So I get to one of the cops and just asks me for my license, checks it and gives it back. He said I could go. Then I kinda snapped and told him when was he gonna check if I was drunk?
He said he could tell, but I didn't even say a damn word.
turboeic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #22
SLVRBLLT40

Trader Rating: (0)
SLVRBLLT40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ah, the joy of owning pre-smog. I don't have to worry about fix it tickets for "illegal" mods. Just as long as it's not too loud, I'm pretty much ok
Old 05-28-2009, 05:43 AM   #23
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
the first time i got pulled over after swapping my sr the cop said basically the same thing, why would i take out the stock motor? why do i have a boost gauge for? why is the interior gutted? Because it's my car and i'll do whatever the hell i want with it! is basically what i said it's weird that he didn't ask about exhaust and stuff considering i'm just running the j pipe off the turbo lol

so with all this smog checking and no modding aloud and whatnot, are all the cars going to the adams meet and such all running stock ka's or what?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #24
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what a bunch of crap.

just another thing on the list of reasons why everyone loves Rside soooo fucking much.

i hate this city
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

theres just a bunch of poor tasteless ricers out here in riverside that ruin it for all of us.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #26
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Serve and protect my ass. Theres crack heads and drug addicts shooting innocent people everyday and little ricer are more dangerous than that. Cops are just too scared to go after the real criminals. I got a damn ticket on a SCOOTER. That really pissed me off. Oh well, quota time.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #27
heavenskrow
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
heavenskrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
THIS IS A BUNCH OFFUCKIN BALONY
i mod my car but not fuckin street race...my stock ka isnt even fast u stupid cops.
GOD this is fuckin RETARDED...

dude a fuckin chick cop gave me a ticket and said my fuckin CARB LEGAL INJEN INTAKE was ILLEGAL...im like no its legal, its carb legal...and she says anything not originally nissan is illegal...and im like in my head .........wow what a dumbnut
can anyone confrim?

My reinhard exhaust with resonator passed the DB Test =] cops cant do shit
heavenskrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #28
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
I broke the law and got a ticket!!!!

Shit, the cops are so mean.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #29
punn303
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (82)
punn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman View Post
bunch of fucking idiots. they spend money on stupid shit like this? then raise our taxes? wtf... 4 people died in riverside that COULD have been Associated with street racing? prolly was some idiots in stock vehicles being jackasses. maybe we should be more money into the school system to teach kids not to be fucking idiots.

WHY would you want your car to go faster? its only for street racing? BULLSHIT. how come you can buy cars stock at 400hp now cheap. meanwhile those civics that are getting all this shit have like a maximum of 200hp...

what these cops, and politicians, etc get out of this i have no idea. but whatever it is they get out of this they need to get over it and move on. or shove it up their ass.

one of the most irritating things for me to see or read about. pisses me off

Well said.
punn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #30
Brian
Post Whore!

It's kind of like this.

Let's say you buy all the clothes and accessories to look like a bank robber.
You talk about it. You act like it, etc... You have all the equipment to actually rob a bank.

Then one day the cops think, jeez this guy might be a bank robber.

Are they now wrong?

Police don't bring problems to you.
You bring problems to yourself.