Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:42 AM   #1
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
How low can you go v. 2.1 - S/Z-chassis only

My shitty 180sx.
Lowered on mystery coilovers. Got about 2" more (easily) in the front, probably 4" more in the rear. I need to lower the rear down because it looks like a retarded dragster.

Since I keep getting PMs about the wheels - I'm pretty sure the manufacturer is AME, model is Circlar III.
They're 17x8 +32 and 17x9 +38, but I have a 25mm bolton spacer in front and 10mm of sandwich in rear, so it's effectively 17x8 +7 and 17x9 +28. Having the 20mm overfenders in front kinda blows for these wheels, but oh well.

Test fitting 'new' TBO rear valence and TBO sides that I sold.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2006, 03:12 AM   #2
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy

Last edited by lilredstiffy; 02-27-2006 at 08:10 AM..
Old 02-23-2006, 03:15 AM   #3
DeBastaard
Leaky Injector

DeBastaard is an unknown quantity at this point
lol !! i need coilovers bad.

I've got some higher tires since that pic was taken. Went from 225/35/18 to 225/40/18, wow ha ha.

It's lowered on some Apex springs, about 4cm i reckon.

Might be buying one of those cheap Megan sets in the future.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:18 AM   #4
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
I really like how the wheels look and how the gold actually compliments the red.

Your front drop is perfect, exactly my taste. Don't take the rear lower than the arch of the sidewall of the tires
Old 02-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #5
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
yeah oops, didnt see this one, can merge or erase mine
Old 02-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
My shitty 180sx.
Lowered on mystery coilovers. Got about 2" more (easily) in the front, probably 4" more in the rear. I need to lower the rear down because it looks like a retarded dragster.

Test fitting 'new' TBO rear valence and TBO sides that I sold.
actually kevin your shitty 180sx(in your own words) looks pretty good in my book. Your wheels are a little sunken, get some spacers mang. Otherwise it looks like what it is, a real driven on the street car. Man those TBO rear valences are exactly what the doctored ordered. Why did you sell them?

P.S. Love the boro they are real.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 02-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Link to old thread with many pictures so those pics aren't lost.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=90340
Old 02-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #8
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
what is the point of labelling the thread s/z chassis only.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:03 PM   #9
Bryants95240sx
Zilvia Addict

Bryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the rough
(Kts coilovers)its not that low but i dont want to be stupidly low either. I have to drive my car everyday.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #10
Yoshi
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
How about because that way people can compare what is possible on cars related to this site? maybe some civic can get lower... so what? that doesn' apply to us. S13's can only go so low before losing usable suspension travel. There's a good reason right there. It's only useful comparing apples to apples.

What's with the nitpicking? If that's the case, then:

What was the point of you making another "how low can you go" thread this morning when this was already here?
Little voice in your head trying to convince you that your thread was better somehow, and now you have to try and criticize this one to somehow compensate for your oversight?

ooohhh ya, I guess i should stay on topic while I'm at it....
Roads in eastern WA SUCK. Pothole galore; some deep enough to bend a rim if you hit it just right.
Thus my car takes it's style from the most prevailent car manufacturer in my area: Subaru
Behold my rally car :P

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Old 02-23-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
Because that's what Zilvia is about.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:21 PM   #12
daver903

daver903 is an unknown quantity at this point
here is mine.

car is dirty, dont mind the rear wheels they are my winter rims and are terribly sucken. i wish i had better shots of it lower but owell.
oldershot
Old 02-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #13
blk90s13
Zilvia Member

blk90s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to blk90s13

my next door neighbor asked me one time how do u drive your car around that low ?

my reply : carefully ?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #14
chmercer
BANNED

man, that car isnt low, its just the saggy front lip. cmon now.

cross posted from other one

i need not 265 front tires
Old 02-23-2006, 10:33 PM   #15
dyswtric
Leaky Injector

dyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to alldyswtric is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to dyswtric
how do you guys not destroy your front bumpers?

pic for good measure
Old 02-24-2006, 12:58 AM   #16
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut

I *think* this car's low.
No, he's not understeering, its a right-hand turn (3rd gear left hander into full right hander circle, then left again to the main straight. This is at the end of the right hand circle, about to tansition left to go onto the main straight...)

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 02-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #17
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
actually kevin your shitty 180sx(in your own words) looks pretty good in my book. Your wheels are a little sunken, get some spacers mang. Otherwise it looks like what it is, a real driven on the street car. Man those TBO rear valences are exactly what the doctored ordered. Why did you sell them?

dude, it HAS spacers! hahaha...shitty wheels that came w/the car....and the front spacers are frikken HUGE!

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
Old 02-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #18
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq

Whoops missed this one.
They are sunken, but that's with a 25mm bolt-on in front and 10mm of sandwich in the rear. Gayass 17x8 +32 and 17x9 +38!
The valence I kept, it's the sideskirts that I sold. I've just got to repaint it before I can put it on.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #19
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl
dude, it HAS spacers! hahaha...shitty wheels that came w/the car....and the front spacers are frikken HUGE!
lol hahhahhaha

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #20
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
Whoops missed this one.
They are sunken, but that's with a 15mm bolt-on in front and 6mm of sandwich in the rear. Gayass 17x8 +32 and 17x9 +38!
The valence I kept, it's the sideskirts that I sold. I've just got to repaint it before I can put it on.
man, ya I just laughed at your wifes comment. good job on keeping the valence if you ever come across another set of those. I would love to have them they are just perfect. HHHMM maybe I should put that on my wish list for Glenn.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:52 AM   #21
midnite_180
BANNED

midnite_180 is a well-known jackass
heres my POS, i raised the rear so my camber would not be so bad.. dam i need RUCAs and no thos are not 14inch rims.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #22
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nizzan4u2nv

Probably not gonna go any lower then that, I have a hard enough time getting up the driveway.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #23
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Damn dude, those SSR Professor SP1s are looking hot on that S14 that slammed.

What size/offset are those puppies? My car isn't that low, I need coilovers badly...
Old 02-26-2006, 03:54 PM   #24
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Theyre 17x9 +6 and 17x10 -1
235/40/17 all around
Custom gold
Old 02-26-2006, 05:16 PM   #25
srpowereds14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
srpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to srpowereds14
LOVE the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nissan4u2nv- What antennae is that off of???
Old 02-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #26
reflexdb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
reflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to reflexdb
looks similar to a jdm 350z antennae. i have one on mine, just really short black plastic.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #27
dct223
Nissanaholic!

dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to dct223
my ghetto car.... not as low as some.. but yeah...

Old 02-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #28
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpowereds14
LOVE the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nissan4u2nv- What antennae is that off of???
Its from aspec. It plugs right into the stock base model holder. With that one though, you need a longer stud, the one they provide doesnt reach all the way.

http://www.aspecproducts.com/images.asp?theid=1316

More dumped cars
Old 02-27-2006, 08:00 AM   #29
180s13

180s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
heres mine check it out ha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 180sx_3.jpg (40.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 02-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #30
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Nissan4u2nv your car look sick!!I just look at the other pics and is really nice! what the spec on the works cr?
Here's mine, can't go lower cause of our street status and I've to drive it daily.
Closed Thread