Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 05:23 PM   #91
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
Oh! I want that cat! Hahah Soo cool!
Fuck that, he's MY cat.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #92
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
KTS Coilovers. 1 collar removed in the front. 5mm of free play for the rear spring when not under load.
So is this how everybody gets their KTS's that low? I was under the impression that that wasn't really safe in the rear. I'm happy with my current ride height although it could go lower. But one side of the car is still higher than the other. I think something is bent b/c when I put the coils in both sides were set the same.
Anyway, I'll post some pic as soon as I can get some new ones. My frame rails are 2.5" off the ground
Old 03-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #93
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Argh I need coils, like, last year.

Now with the 225/45/17s on the rails are like 4-5 inches off the ground.

Definitely 4x4.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #94
Kinematics
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Kinematics is making a name for him/her selfKinematics is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My new S14, dropped on Pro Kits. Coilovers at some point, but they aren't high priority right now.

I'll have to get better pictures when it's not 600 miles away waiting for me to pick it up.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #95
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
My offsets aren't great for those who love Uber-Lip. But I really wanted Equips, and got a set of Polished face for cheap. I'll be running 20mm rear and 15mm front spacers. 18x10 +35 and 18x9 +30 and So +15 all around.
those are some sweet wheels!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #96
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just installed my JIC coilovers last week so it seems appropriate i post.I have Been 4x4 for almost 2 years now.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
Old 03-07-2006, 04:34 AM   #97
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light
My car.

Lower than half your cars even when jacked uP! :P

Still have this much lower to go on coilovers. Need supporting arms to go lower, so that everything else would be streetable :P
Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #98
benson240sx

benson240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Man I wish we had roads up here that would allow us to lower our cars that much with out massive problems,
just battleing with all the Driveways is enought to kill your car.
installed, RedTopSR/Koyo/Greddy Specv FMIC/3" Vibrant Exhaust/HKS EVC1/Nismo 500KG Clutch/KYB G2 and sportlines/ Walbro/ Megan Manifold..

In the mail, Sacf2/Mines Ecu/ Tien Ha's/ Rear Multi-link/ Hicus sways/ T28BB/ Greddy ProfecB II/550cc injectors/ Z32 Masf/ Brembo rotors and agx Pads...
Old 03-07-2006, 10:07 AM   #99
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
the road dosent let you lower your car. your hand on the spring perch does. if you dont want to lower your car then thats cool, but i am so tired of seeing people post whack ass excuses.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #100
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx
those are some sweet wheels!
Thanks. Just waiting on the wheels, 5-lug hubs, spacers, and tires. Then they'll go on, along with my Tension Rods, Lower Brace, RUCA's, Traction Rod's, and Subframe spacers. I slapped the coils on to get used to driving it lowered before I put my new Sil-Face and Aero on.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #101
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
taking it one step at a time, huh?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #102
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
one day at a time

anyways here is my car.

with this lip on it good pic to tell the front lip clearance

equals mad greddy lip destruction

pwnage
i have full links everywhere so alignment (minus bumpsteer) is still fine. i super low, and then raised it back up, and im still lower then scooter right now he needs more low juice.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #103
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
Oh! I want that cat! Hahah Soo cool!

Nice polish face! I gotta polish mine too. Like... yesterday. The paint is peeling. Gonna paint strip them, then bust out the rubbing, buffing and polishing compound on a buffer.
Chit we're ALL gonna have polish.. I was planning on doing the same to mine!

Hmmm might plan b it and have them repainted... chit.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #104
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95zilvia
Lower than half your cars even when jacked uP! :P
FYI that ain't low.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #105
Slip&Sliden 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Slip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimanator
So is this how everybody gets their KTS's that low? I was under the impression that that wasn't really safe in the rear. I'm happy with my current ride height although it could go lower. But one side of the car is still higher than the other. I think something is bent b/c when I put the coils in both sides were set the same.
Anyway, I'll post some pic as soon as I can get some new ones. My frame rails are 2.5" off the ground
I have 2 collars removed on mine in the front. The rear I have slop but not enough to where it leaves the little guides on the collar.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #106
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point

will go lower once the harness is tucked and relocated.

looks likeme and slip&slidin need to get together for a photo shoot
Old 03-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #107
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
^haha same pose.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #108
Lost_DriFter
Leaky Injector

Lost_DriFter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lost_DriFter
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan
I just installed my JIC coilovers last week so it seems appropriate i post.I have Been 4x4 for almost 2 years now.

i wish my car was this color again well it still is but clear coat is comin off i rarely see this color on 240s thats why i love it

Lost_DriFter
Old 03-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #109
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light

Can still go lower by 2 inches.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #110
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
For the time being, needs to be a bit lower in he front, will do that soon.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:30 AM   #111
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDyNomiTe
For the time being, needs to be a bit lower in he front, will do that soon.
[OFF TOPIC]

You gonna write a review of those Stance coils anytime soon mang?

[/OFF TOPIC]

How will you be able to lower the front without rubbing on full lock? Are you gonna notch those fenders?
Old 03-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #112
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of

Day before my car got hit. Front needs to go lower but with 225s, it rubs the fender.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #113
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
nice ritz
lovvin the work termist
Old 03-09-2006, 05:08 AM   #114
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways
[OFF TOPIC]

You gonna write a review of those Stance coils anytime soon mang?

[/OFF TOPIC]

How will you be able to lower the front without rubbing on full lock? Are you gonna notch those fenders?
I'm just gonna couple some more thoughts on them with the shock dyno which should be getting done this weekend if all goes well. I wrote an initial review comparing to silk roads maybe i didn't post it on here...

The fenders will notch themselves, I only plan on a few more mm, some more camber, and some spacers.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #115
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Sweet dude, can't wait for the shock dyno and review

As for the notching, I forgot you had fiberglass fenders. I still have stock metal fenders, so that's kinda a no-go for me. Damnit. Time to switch out the 225/45/17s for some 215/45/17s for the front!
Old 03-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #116
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways
Sweet dude, can't wait for the shock dyno and review

As for the notching, I forgot you had fiberglass fenders. I still have stock metal fenders, so that's kinda a no-go for me. Damnit. Time to switch out the 225/45/17s for some 215/45/17s for the front!
go 235/40 if you value your tiresize. Its a few mm difference, i forget what it equated to.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #117
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDyNomiTe
go 235/40 if you value your tiresize. Its a few mm difference, i forget what it equated to.
Problem is that, Kumho MX doesn't come in 235/40/17. They have 235/45/17, but it's even taller than the 225/45/17.

235/45/17 is like 1" taller than the 215/45/17.
215/45/17 is only a couple tenths of an inch shorter than 235/40/17 from what I gathered.

So yeah, I'd probably go 215/45/17 front and 225/45/17 rear, both on 17x9 +20.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:34 PM   #118
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz S14
Can't tell for sure, but it looks like your rear toe needs some correction.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #119
Touring240
Zilvia Junkie

Touring240 is on a distinguished road
and the front is crying out for camber!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #120
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
yeah it kinda looks like negative camber
Closed Thread