Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
My S14 Track Slut...

Hey guys....Im kind of a lurker on here, but I figured I would post up my big project finally. Ive been working on this since mid-july and have been able to make some good progress. My goal was to create a fun car for my personal use....the car will see the road course, drift days, hell maybe even the drag strip a time or two....so basically its just suppossed to be a lot of fun for me when its done!

That in mind....since i loved my first s14 so much....i decided to get another one. I found a 96 local to me with some front end damage and scored it sans motor for 700 bux. I cleaned the gutted the piss out of the thing and fixed the body. Then the fun started...the car is fully seam welded and caged. I built a semi-tube front to replace the mangled and wrecked portions and I also made some front tubs.

So far the car has some good parts on it to the tune of:
RB25DET
Stance GR+ Pro coils
R33 Front brakes/calipers
Z32 Rear calipers/rotors+Ebrake
Custom Cage
Recaro SPG
Rays GramLights 57Maximum 17x9 Et22 all around
SPL solid subframe bushings
Nismo Front arms
etc etc....theres lots of stuff and even more to come!

My plans from here include a custom radiator/intercooler setup to keep the plumbing short (not v-mount), big turbo + custom exahust mani + custom intake mani, custom exahust + DP, some sort of EMS, kouki front, SPL susp. links...etc....its a solid project IMO and its coming along very well!

A ton of pics can be seen on a forum local to my area if you go here: http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/in...howtopic=31576 and can see way more pics thru the progress of the car, and below ill post the more interesting ones!

How it started:

Long story short....cleand and gutted + seam welding!

Seamd' bay + wheel tub construction, also note lower rad support missing!

BTW i built a little dolley to hold the car up so i could easily wheel it around the garage! Here is the front end all mocked up!

The cage

Skip even futher ahead, just recently slid the motor in so i can do more fab, and got the car back on the ground!

Motor again...note custom battery tray and tie down!

I plan to update this thread regularly...and if you want to see 17 pages worth of the work i have done, look at that other thread....this is a short overview of what has taken a long time, but i just wanted to share and i hope you all like it...let me know what you think! Stay tuned!
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks like some damn fine work so far, keep the updates coming frequently and this could be a top notch build thread.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Damn man, that's hot stuffs.

I wish I can weld... and have a daily driver so I can turn the S13 into a track slut...
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
awesome work. looks like you have alot of good equipment to do all of that to.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
you and your cool welder and your welding skills

blah

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #6
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
very nice build up...should do more than fine at the track...wish i had resources to do work like that...oh yeah, and money...

loving the maximums!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice friggin work, wow. I also wish I could weld, that would make working on my car so much easier. I don't quite understand the tubs, could someone explain the reasoning behind them too me because it looks interesting.
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
Jay Dee M
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Jay Dee M is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wish I had the time and the resources to do a project like that. Lookin' good.
Jay Dee M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #9
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
sexy buildup man. its comming nice. keep us updated with pics

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #10
BoNyG515
Leaky Injector

BoNyG515 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoNyG515
nice project...hope it comes along well. I wish I had the skills to weld, the time and the money to do a project like that haha...
Old 11-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #11
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
looking good, im thinking about seam welding my car. i also wish i had the time and money to rebuild a car, id do a s13 coupe
Old 11-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #12
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
hey you should look into the greddy intake manifold, it'll make running the intercooler piping alot easier plus gets rid of the weird intercooler pipe plumbing, just a suggustion, but other than that it looks great
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:30 AM   #13
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
sorry.. newb questions...

what does seam welding the car do?

nice build so far ... and nice wheels
94cc0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:37 AM   #14
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
its suppost to "stiffin" the chassis...

it really doest do too much, but it helps for really paying nothing for it. when paired with a cage etc. its a great thing, the org seems are actually glued together, so this is a way to keep everything "together"

anyways, so when are we all gonna hang out?
the post office again?
Old 11-04-2006, 03:42 AM   #15
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
wow that is some GREAT work! once i get another car i'm gonna turn my 240 in to a track slut. welding is a pretty handy trade to know my dad has been welding for like 25yrs. taught me a few things! props on the car man looking great!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:23 AM   #16
CarloSR
Leaky Injector

CarloSR is making a name for him/her selfCarloSR is making a name for him/her selfCarloSR is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
you and your cool welder and your welding skills

blah

CarloSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:36 AM   #17
Inlandsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
Inlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inlandsilvia
omg...that's really nice work...how long have you been welding? teach me master...j/k...really clean. What are your plans as far as the motor? are you leaving it stock or going with the basic bolt ons??? update with more pictures. I plan on going RB25 in my s14 when my sr dies!!!!
Inlandsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:23 AM   #18
sky53line
Zilvia Member

sky53line is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sky53line
I bookmarked both this page and your locals forums page. This is fuckings sweet. Awesome job man.
sky53line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #19
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Thanks for all the response guys! Im glad you guys are stoked on it like I am!

Being able to weld really makes this project affordable and practical...I save tons of money making everything myself. To those who asked....I have been only welding for a year-year and a half. I just got a TIG last week too, so my turbo manifold and intake manifold will be built by yours truly too! I would highly encourage everyone to own a MIG welder....its a great tool and you can learn quick! One of my best buds has a degree in welding and metal tech, so I mostly learned my technique from him, so that helps too!

Inlandsilvia - the RB will stay stock head and stock block until i have a reason to upgrade...i think it should handle what i throw at it for now....all im going to do is pull the head, throw in a head gasket and ARP's and check everything out. It will get a beefy fuel system, custom turbo manifold and turbo setup, custom intake mani, etc. Looking to be able to make over 500whp, but while I get used to a light car with lots of power....ill prob just run 300-350whp initially so I dont kill myself

ledzeppelin240 - the tubs give more wheel clearance. On my black car, with 17x8.5's and 225's it rubbed the stock wheel well pretty bad with stock tie rod length....ive got bigger tires now and with adjustable rods, so im betting the clearance wouldve been worse, so i tubbed it for better clearance.

If nothing else, this project has been an excuse for me to get a lot of nice tools

Ill keep it updated guys....if you have any comments/suggestions/criticism, let me know i wanna hear!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #20
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
whats up with the front ladder bar thing? what made you decide to cut into the stock frame rails?
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #21
zerogrips13
Leaky Injector

zerogrips13 can only hope to improve
what kind of mig welder do u use?
zerogrips13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #22
91ka
Leaky Injector

91ka is on the path to ruin91ka is on the path to ruin
damn. shit is clean. and im not talking only about the gutted interior
91ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #23
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Zerogrips13, I use a lincoln Mig, the Pro Mig-140. Some of the best money ive spent ever...seriously.

Thanks 91ka...I try to keep it nice n clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
whats up with the front ladder bar thing? what made you decide to cut into the stock frame rails?
Chmercer, this would be my main motivation too mangled to fix....and this way i have more room for a trick IC/Rad setup (not vmount, but still a very short plumbing track, you will see in due time!)

Old 11-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #24
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

This just in....an Albuquerque man puts a hole in his firewall and cuts out his upper radiator support...more on news at 10....

lol...um yeah....i did some stuff today and a few otehr plans have changed, but you all will see...for now im showing teasers of carnage only

Are you suppossed to be able to see through the car??

Hmmmm

Missing metal everywhere!

As she sits at roughly 8pm this evening!

Stay tuned :evil:
Old 11-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #25
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Best project evar.

Aside from the MR RWD H22a'd Integra...but that's cause he made a lame Honda into a cool Honda.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #26
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

misfitsfreak81 is an unknown quantity at this point
now im super stoked to see where this is going. great thread on the other site as well. keep up the good work. its inspiring.

mike
misfitsfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #27
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
I think you're on the verge of not being able to call that an s14 anymore.. haha
Old 11-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #28
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
HOTNESS, how far back are you mounting your motor?

get that shit done and pics! mad props
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:23 AM   #29
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hitman
that is fucking sick. post more pics when you got em!
hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:26 AM   #30
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hitman
like this more than the porn im watching
hitman is offline   Reply With Quote