Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #91
TAMTANIUM
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
TAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can you make a short video of how to seam weld and etc? haha pleasee. I really want to learn because i want to seam weld my next coupe project car.
TAMTANIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #92
zackt69
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zackt69 is making a name for him/her selfzackt69 is making a name for him/her selfzackt69 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Everything looks great man... but the custom motor mounts are awesome! Can't wait to see this thing finished.
zackt69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #93
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
K, so this weekend, despite finals starting tomorrow....i got my tranny mount all done and did the shifter relocation. This week, if i get some time between tests, i will start mocking up the tunnel. Progress will go a little slow on the car for the next few weeks while i build a cage for a local guy's s13 hatch. If he doesnt mind, ill post up pics of that too.

Anywho, here are some photomographs of the tranny mount as well as the shifter relocation:

So...being that I moved the engine/trans about 3.5 inches back, the shifter obivously isnt in the right spot any more....leaving me with only one responsible choice....make a new hole! OR, better yet...use OEM We start by preserving the OEM shifter hole and bosses for the rubber boot:

Clear out the appropriate space to move backwards and then tack the shifter hole in place at its new hom. Now, observe empty space:

Cut up repacement metal and tack in for seamless install:

Weld out and then grind back down for that "hey this looks OEM" look:

Alternate angle

With the shifter in place:

Mounting spot for one side of the tranny mount...unfortunately i didnt take more pics of the mount itself....ill take some in a week or two when i pull the engine again!

Engine and tranny laying as they will when its all done! Glorious!

So many cool things in this picture its not even funny

Take care guys and as always, thanks for reading and keeping up with my progress!
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #94
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
yeahhhhhhhhhhh

recaro spg

g stands for gangsta

impressive work so far

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:42 AM   #95
Ian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So righteous...

Yeah, I busted that gem of a pop-culture slang term out...

This build is that sweet

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #96
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Great way to catalog everything Gavin! I should've done this with my project... oh wells. Looks dope man... can't wait til it's done!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 AM   #97
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Those welds are so awesome I don't even know what to say....
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #98
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
yeahhhhhhhhhhh

recaro spg

g stands for gangsta

impressive work so far

spg's are real gangsta. i don't know if it's been asked before, but are you going to move seating position back, too? great work.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #99
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Thanks guys...oh and logan....i see something nardi-related in my near future

Taniguchi - Im not going to move the seat at all cause i still need to reach the pedals! The shifter location feels pretty good still and im not too worried!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #100
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Yeah, I'm not sure how tall you are, but the way I have my wheel and seat set up, my shifter is actually too far away from me anyways. I would kill to have my shifter moved back 3" or so

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #101
ilike2drive21
Zilvia Member

ilike2drive21 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow the work is looking really good and clean
ilike2drive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #102
NSR250
Leaky Injector

NSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to all
wow! nice looking car.
NSR250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #103
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
What welder are you using? looks like the 3200 I was planning on picking up, how do you like it?

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #104
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Fuckin' rad. I want your fab skills.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #105
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
very nice job so far, keep up the great progress bro
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #106
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
<3 the motor mounts.... :-D

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #107
prang11
Zilvia Member

prang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enough
Very nice work.
prang11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #108
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

misfitsfreak81 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is totally sick. i wish i had the money for the welder and fabrication equipment like that. oh well, some day it will be mine, oh yes, it will.

great work man, keep it up.
misfitsfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #109
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
sick work...mad props i cant wait to see it when its done
nevaland9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #110
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for all the comments guys, keep em coming...also if anyone has concerns, ideas etc im open to all criticism!

240Trainee, Im using a Lincoln SP140, just a simple lil' mig! For tig, I use an awesome 80's vintage Airco

I hope to have to progress made on my tranny tunnel this weekend! Oh and now that school is out Ill have 5 weeks to make some sick progress on this, including (i hope) paint!

Right now paint color is a toss up between slate gray off the 07 maxima or tank green off the 03 xterra....thoughts? Im torn!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #111
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Green is the new blue.

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #112
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That whole spectrum of green's is pretty played right now unless you go for some crazy flaked out deep rich green w/gold or ? combo.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:05 PM   #113
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
Nice buildup! cant wait to see the finished product, curious to what aero, wheels, paint etc..will be.
TokyoNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #114
Chinoliro
Leaky Injector

Chinoliro is an unknown quantity at this point
where can i get the flexane 94??
price?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #115
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

tokyonights, well....i divulged my paint options above..wheels are everywhere in all my pics....aero will probably be version select...im not sure if i should go zenki or kouki....choice is hard...kouki is awesome and aggressive, but my old s14 was a zenki and i loved it...im so torn!

chinoliro, i got my flexane 94 from www.devcon.com

I think for sure i will go with the slate gray off the 07 maxima
Old 12-15-2006, 10:25 PM   #116
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
I want your mad skills and deep wallet... You're my hero. Keep this thread alive.

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
IGSDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:17 AM   #117
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
I want to drive down to new mexico when this is done and shoot it for a magazine dude.
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #118
slow40
Zilvia Junkie

slow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster
im not sure if i should go zenki or kouki....choice is hard...kouki is awesome and aggressive, but my old s14 was a zenki and i loved it...im so torn!
zenki fo life!

zenki > kouki
slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:47 AM   #119
miucus
Zilvia Addict

miucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond repute
nice pick up. good buy...
miucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #120
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleBtuna
zenki fo life!

zenki > kouki
says the people too poor to afford a kouki.