Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #61
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
ah yes, good point.
You have to treat those new plates real nice. I'm so careful with mine.

I have an idear.
Seems simple.

The US holes are not as far apart, yes?
ok good.

next step.

perhaps what you would want is a simple piece of metal. a rectangle.
From the looks of it, maybe an inch and a half long each. ... or hell, maybe a long piece that you bolt to the factory holes, then you drill 2 holes in that little metal bar for the US plate holes.

Does that make sense?

Boom. Superglue or Epoxy nuts behind the holes and then you got a cool guy bracket to bolt the US plate to.

It's real simple in my head, but I didn't even rear what I wrote, so I hope it makes sense
Old 01-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #62
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Brian how do you attatch your plate when you have it on?

I think Im just going to drill holes in mine
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #63
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
thanks for the pics zx88. Ive been waiting for someone to giv a close-up.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #64
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
More pics of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #65
Olly
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
180sx on the glass bro.

Screen Dump.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #66
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I have a L-bracket setup and a ziptie setup to hold it onto the car real nice like.
You can't even tell how it's attached actually.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #67
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
More pics of girl
dude...

there are probably a million other websites where you can look at girls.

this is a car forum.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #68
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
dude...

there are probably a million other websites where you can look at girls.

this is a car forum.
I'm sure there are a couple strangely minded children who have and will spank to the pics on Zilvia LOL
Old 01-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #69
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
Nacho_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaserAero View Post
I'll make it, I'll even do a GB on it so you guys can save some coin. All I need is for someone to find/ get me the lip perhaps and I'll make it. If someone has it, and can provide me with it, I'll give you a carbon one at cost.

Email me directly with your Full name, Address, phone, and zilvia.net user name and I'll compile a list. If it looks like its something that'll take off, I'll start the GB thread on it. I'd say PM me, but my PM box fills so fast, email is easier.

[email protected]

...and just a best guess...$149 for FRP, $299 for carbon would be approx. retail.
I met with Chris from modiride when I purchased my type x lip from them. I remember him mentioning that the first lips they produced had fitment issues due to being too short from the ends (where it bolts to the wheel wells). The lips he sells now have extended ends and they fit great.

This makes sense knowing that the OEM plastic lips exhibit much better ductility than fiberglass or FRP. So keep that in mind when making your lips Chaser.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #70
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I heard someone's coming out with a Urethane replica.

For all of those seriously wanting the lip, I'd just wait for that.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #71
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
FU whale!
FU dolphin!
FU kouki lip!

Old 01-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #72
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

really? any more info on that?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #73
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
more info?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #74
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho_240 View Post

This makes sense knowing that the OEM plastic lips exhibit much better ductility than fiberglass or FRP. So keep that in mind when making your lips Chaser.
When was this? I met with him and he didnt mention that. Thats how mine almost broke I didnt think it was going to be long enough to put on
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #75
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Fuck it, the Chaser lip is only going to be less than or around $100 if 30+ people get in on the group buy (which I believe will happen). It's good to have an extra or something just in case.

Quote:
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Old 01-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #76
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
Fuck it, the Chaser lip is only going to be less than or around $100 if 30+ people get in on the group buy (which I believe will happen). It's good to have an extra or something just in case.
But they still need a lip to make the mold with, which might cause the problem of it coming out or not
Old 01-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #77
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

Well whatever happened to the one your friend was working on or is this the one your talking about. We never got an update on the thread you had mentioned on this
Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #78
9s13Coupe3SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (48)
9s13Coupe3SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
will there be pictures of actual lip fitment on bumper? I would like to see the product test fitted on a bumper first before I jump this eventho its a hell of a deal.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #79
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
wtf why didnt anyone tell me this thread was open?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 01-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #80
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
Nice license plate mounting achievement.
Would you mind sharing your method?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #81
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
More info on the Urethane replica later.

The fiberglass copy is currently being test fitted to see if there's any areas that need attention.

If all goes well, Urethane replicas will be made.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #82
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
urethane ftw , they should skip the frp ones altogether.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #83
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I agree

im actually considering going to a custom plastics place over here in my area and seeing if i can get the to make a piggy lip and kouki lip out of ABS.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 01-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #84
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaserAero View Post
Awesome...

Just submit the needed info, and I'll get a GB going Monday.

We'll get a lip somehow.
Hey ChaserAero,
Can you make that lip a little more aggressive than the OEM one?Just like the GT1 Motorsports one on the pic below.

I'm sure a lot of people would love to have one like that. I'm in.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #85
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20drifter1 View Post
Hey ChaserAero,
Can you make that lip a little more aggressive than the OEM one?Just like the GT1 Motorsports one on the pic below.

I'm sure a lot of people would love to have one like that. I'm in.
But the thing is, bromosexual, that Chaser needs the original to make the mold. If somebody could so happen to cut up the bottom of a GT-1 bumper (like the lip in question) and send it to Chaser, they can make it. Otherwise that picture isn't enough to suffice in making the lip.

Quote:

<3
Quote:
Old 01-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #86
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
That sounds great. I like a method where I don't have to cut or drill anything.

It looks like it should work with the kouki clips too. Are the USDM clips longer/different? I didn't even know USDM S13's came with front plate brackets.

Perfect. After the license plate is aligned the clips clamp down when the screws are tightened so it ain't going nowhere.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #87
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Nice license plate mounting achievement.
Would you mind sharing your method?
mounted it with zipties. and oem usdm metal license plate clips/
Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #88
Matej
Post Whore!

Perfect, thanks!

Now I just need to research what kind of witchcraft it requires to hook up the turn signals and running lights.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #89
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
Oh shit, matej got aero already, i was gonna go get that shipping quote at work tomorrow, i had to measure it.

well, did you still want the rear bumper or anything?

This is Yuta BTW.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #90
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin93zx View Post
I wish they are baller aero like type-x for z32's
The Kouki front end for our cars isn't exactly cheap.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Closed Thread