Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-26-2016, 12:38 AM   #121
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why not check out both in person?

But as a personal preference, I'd take the green one. Owned one just like it for 9 years.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #122
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

Benfica7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thoughts on this one? - The rust scares me because if he tried fixing it and it came back... I would cut the rust and repair with new sheet metal.

I think a fair price is $7-7500 ballpark.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=641427

Thanks for looking!
Benfica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #123
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

FormulaDz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
The car looks nice but 9k is outrageous and I even think 7k is a little high. If it were me I would offer 6K and be willing to go a little higher. You're going to have to do some rust repair after all. But, I'm just some guy who bought a rust bucket '89 S13 for $2,500 so I don't have much experience with this higher class of 240sx's. Good luck
FormulaDz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #124
AlexxRyzhkov

AlexxRyzhkov is an unknown quantity at this point
Thoughts on this 240sx?

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/6071517610.html

The whole "not running due to no backpressure thing sounds like a bunch of BS, but besides that....
AlexxRyzhkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:59 AM   #125
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Not too bad but I would obviously do a thorough inspection of the car and to be safe assume the engine requires a full rebuild so budget for that. One other thing to keep in mind is that the RB20 is one of the less desirable RB engines compared to the RB25 and RB26.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #126
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^I'd pass...sounds too good to be true and even the seller doesn't know anything about cars it seems. Other than the one you mentioned...the other is the first sentence.

"1993 Nissan 240sx RB20DET engine (inline 6 with turbo like in a skyline)..."

The RB20DET IS a Skyline engine including a couple other models. Like in a Skyline???
Old 04-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #127
anothersr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
anothersr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaDz92 View Post
. One other thing to keep in mind is that the RB20 is one of the less desirable RB engines compared to the RB25 and RB26.
False. Nothing wrong with RB20.
anothersr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:08 AM   #128
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersr20 View Post
False. Nothing wrong with RB20.
I'm getting my info from here on RB's; http://forums.nicoclub.com/rb20det-v...q-t135400.html

Additionally two of my friends with RBs in their s13s chose the RB26 motor and specifically chose not to get the RB20 for some of the reasons listed in the above thread. I did not say the RB20 is bad, just that it is one of the least desirable of the engines in the RB family.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:53 AM   #129
cameronc56

cameronc56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys,

Long story short, my friends dad owns a bone stock '92 s13 red hatch with 50k miles on it. My friend has been driving it ~3-5 miles every weekend the past few years just to keep the battery and fluids good. I've been telling his dad that I would buy it from him for a long time now, and got a chance to drive it this weekend. Everything was good and it gave me that nostalgic feeling of when I first drove a NA miata and I fell in love. I offered him $3k for it and his dad is considering it, and will come to me first before listing it.

My question is, what do you guys think the car is actually valued at? I don't plan on flipping it and doing my friend dirty like that. Just curious since I haven't seen anything as minty, clean, and low miles as it is for sale anywhere. Also interested for insurance purposes.
cameronc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #130
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6101670267.html

Whatcha guys think? Auto for 2.5k? I'm thinking like 1.8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:02 AM   #131
Chicken Terriyaki

Chicken Terriyaki is an unknown quantity at this point
How much would you offer?

I'm considering buying a friends 240. It's a 95 s14 with a black/notch top sr20 swap (unknown mileage, blown head gasket, sitting for 4 years), bad paint, light body damage, but decent interior. Mid Atlantic car. Rust doesn't seem too bad. I know it ran when he parked it back in 2013.

Not sure what is fair to offer

cosmetic http://i.imgur.com/3V9GdR8l.jpg
engine http://i.imgur.com/Wut5dgcl.jpg
Chicken Terriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:42 AM   #132
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Terriyaki View Post

I'm considering buying a friends 240. It's a 95 s14 with a black/notch top sr20 swap (unknown mileage, blown head gasket, sitting for 4 years), bad paint, light body damage, but decent interior. Mid Atlantic car. Rust doesn't seem too bad. I know it ran when he parked it back in 2013.

cosmetic http://i.imgur.com/3V9GdR8l.jpg
engine http://i.imgur.com/Wut5dgcl.jpg

I'd offer what the price of a blown sr20 is. Maybe 2k tops for that? I'd offer 1500 personally if I was in the market for an extensive project which I'm not. Hopefully your friend doesn't think he's got a goldmine there. You experienced with mechanical stuff? Blown hg isn't something to play around with especially if it hasn't been touched in 4 years. If you're looking for a project go ahead, if you're looking for a deal and got your heart set on a 240 there's better deals out there
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #133
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Quote:

I'm in the northeast and based on my past experience I would offer $1500 is it has a bunch of good parts on it; LSD, Adjustable Suspension etc. and no rust. If its stock besides the SR swap and has any serious rust; $500 or less. And like the previous guy said it'll be a project.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:48 AM   #134
PrinceRvo

PrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymore
s13 Looking for a 240 or 180sx pls hlp

If anybody could help me find a cheap 240sx that is in good condition tha would be great. $1200 -$1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by japierdole View Post
Hello Zilvia, I am looking to buy an S13 so I can have something to drive to school and also learn to drift. I know that using a daily to drift isn't a very good idea but I am still in highschool so I can take the bus to school when something goes wrong and I'm not able to drive the car. I like the look of a coupe better but I found this hatch with a blown motor and thought it may be a good fit for me. It needs a paint job but it's pretty clean on the inside and it doesn't have much rust. For now, I would swap in a good ka24de, install some bolt ons, and have the car painted. Do you guys think this would be a good base to build on? Thank you in advance for any help.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5169444507.html
PrinceRvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:20 AM   #135
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

You probably wont be able to find a car in "good" condition for your price range. The best you can hope for is OK condition. You almost surly need to put in work.

Here's some:

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6172233221.html

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6197257480.html

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6195968371.html

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6167567870.html
Old 07-06-2017, 09:23 AM   #136
PrinceRvo

PrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymorePrinceRvo is not welcome here anymore
s13 Help

Looking for a s13 240sx $1300 clean title and good condition. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna240 View Post
Finally this thread was made. When I first joined there was no such thread so I just posted mine in chat lol.
PrinceRvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #137
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceRvo View Post
Looking for a s13 240sx $1300 clean title and good condition. Thanks
I feel like you didn't read my reply...
Old 07-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #138
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Think someone is looking to be spoon fed. Three posts and it's the same damned thing.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #139
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Deals can be had, but few and far in between.

An average $1300 S-chassis will be a complete POS unless it's in shell form.

You'll spend more time and money trying to get it up to a $2500-$3500 condition S13.

If you're doing a full blown tear down/rebuild or some sort of track car, buy a decent platform and go from there. From the sounds of it, your best bet is to save up those pennies.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:54 PM   #140
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

This topic is making me glad I bought my s13 when I did (5 years ago)
Old 07-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #141
cameronc56

cameronc56 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my friends grandmas car, I'm looking to buy it. Bone stock '92 or '93, with only 50k miles on it. Whats it worth?

Last edited by cameronc56; 07-14-2017 at 03:40 PM..
cameronc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #142
eseago

eseago is an unknown quantity at this point
240 for $350?

I'm new to the 240 world. I just picked up this bone stock 91 240sx hatch 5spd for $350. It has a bogging issue so it can't be driven but it runs well idling. I would like to sell the car but have no clue what it's really worth. No rust anywhere on the car and I just replaced the carpet. Is it worth it to paint the car and getting it running perfectly before selling? What should I list it at? I need the cash to finish my 91 z32 tt project. Any help or comments are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5721.jpg (71.7 KB, 19 views)
eseago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #143
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseago View Post
I'm new to the 240 world. I just picked up this bone stock 91 240sx hatch 5spd for $350. It has a bogging issue so it can't be driven but it runs well idling. I would like to sell the car but have no clue what it's really worth. No rust anywhere on the car and I just replaced the carpet. Is it worth it to paint the car and getting it running perfectly before selling? What should I list it at? I need the cash to finish my 91 z32 tt project. Any help or comments are welcome.
My car was having a bogging issue after I let it sit. Turns out some bad gas had clogged up the fuel filter. It idled great but under mild to heavy throttle it bogged bad. I changed the filter in 15 minutes and it cleared right up. I would give that a shot before you do anything else. Also try Seafoam.

As for you question, I would say it isn't worth it to paint the car before selling it however if you can get it to run smoothly it will definitely net you some more profit for sure. I would try the simple, easy and cheap solutions to the bogging issue (such as the fuel filter I mentioned above), but if it turns out to be difficult to solve just sell the car as is. If I were to sell the car in the exact condition it's in here in NJ I would expect to get about $2000. If it is running well, as much as $5000-$6000.

Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #144
saltyvx

saltyvx is an unknown quantity at this point
I was interested in this S14 I saw listed on craigslist recently. I texted him today asking the following questions.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...271615098.html

6 speed transmission or 5 speed?
Any VTC issues in the past or present?
Ever spin rod bearing?
Motor blow and need rebuild?
Did you build it or did a shop?
Do you have receipts for the parts on the car?

He messaged me back " 5 speed. No. No. No. Shop. But don't have receipts. Previous owner did the swap.

I reply " Still have contact info of previous owner? Know what shop built the motor? Any proof at all of engine internals?

He messaged me back " I do have the previous owners contact info but he hasn't responded lately."

My reply " I'd be more inclined to make an offer if there was proof of the engine internals."

His reply " Yeah unfortunately I don't. but you are free to check it out."

Things seem a bit fishy here. Should I just not even bother and wait for something else to pop up? I feel like I could be passing up a clean car or just get completely fucked.
saltyvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #145
saltyvx

Also would it be worth it to take to a shop to have them check it out?
Old 08-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #146
saltyvx

bump bump bump
Old 05-29-2018, 01:34 AM   #147
DidierAubin87

DidierAubin87 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm considering a silver early 2000 Nissan Silvia for sale (https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-...ilvia-for-sale) from a Japanese site. Mileage is about 70,000km , total price including tax is about $15,000. Is it worth?
DidierAubin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:20 AM   #148
MichelleMartin

MichelleMartin is an unknown quantity at this point
My business partner owned this for $2.800. It always possible to buy cheaper.
MichelleMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:30 AM   #149
Bababou

Bababou is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking at buying a 94 S14 with Kouki conversion. Ive seen it in person its clean and straight, the paint needs buffed to get swirls out but no major defects in the paint and no obvious signs of rust. Looks to be mostly stock has 116,261 KM on it. Its at an importer but he sells like a private party so no sales tax. He told me $13,500 OBO seems a bit high but its the only one in town for at least 2 months. Im thinking of offering $12,000.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/c...909667834.html
Bababou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:00 AM   #150
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bababou View Post
Looking at buying a 94 S14 with Kouki conversion. Ive seen it in person its clean and straight, the paint needs buffed to get swirls out but no major defects in the paint and no obvious signs of rust. Looks to be mostly stock has 116,261 KM on it. Its at an importer but he sells like a private party so no sales tax. He told me $13,500 OBO seems a bit high but its the only one in town for at least 2 months. Im thinking of offering $12,000.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/c...909667834.html
jesus for like 3k more you can get a LS swapped 240sx with a low mileage V8 engine or some kinda turbo 500+rwhp etc...

Why would you even consider spending close to that much on a 2L 20 year old engine! AHhhh
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote