Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
jdavison10

Trader Rating: (0)
jdavison10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i need some transmission advice!

I think my car is dead..

so i had my clutch replaced in April 2016 with a competition carbon/kevlar disc clutch kit. my clutch pedal was so stiff after this was done that a few months later the pedal snapped. this was repaired right around the end of my 500 mile break in process. i havent beaten on the car since the clutch was replaced. for about the last month ive been hearing a whining sound coming from underneath the car. i looked into this noise and thought it might be the input shaft bearing in the transmission. 4 or 5 days ago i started hearing some chatter from the rear end? and it sounded like a belt squeal from the front of the car. today i went to go get the belts done, which didnt end up happening. i was pulling out of my driveway and heading up a hill. the car was pretty noisy and hesitant to climb up the road. i went to shift into 2nd and the car said no. i didnt even realize as i shifted into neutral and took my foot off of the brake that the car wasnt rolling backwards. im assuming my transmission is done for. does anyone have any input on this? if it is the transmission, should my clutch still be ok? and what options do you recommend for me from here. another sr tranny? rebuild it? are there better options/upgrades? i appreciate any help!!
jdavison10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Clutch was so stiff, you snapped a steel clutch pedal?

Jesus. That's not right. I'm surprised a hydraulic component didn't burst.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
jdavison10

jdavison10 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont really know much about transmissions. but that was deff something new for me lol
jdavison10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:08 PM   #4
EarlsWorld

EarlsWorld is on the path to ruinEarlsWorld is on the path to ruinEarlsWorld is on the path to ruin
I would recommend just taking it to your local shop and have them diagnose it for you (usually around $80).... transmissions are no fun to try and mess around with and you could end up doing more harm than good by accident
EarlsWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:11 PM   #5
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Tear that bad boy off and see what's up
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote