Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-31-2006, 12:30 PM   #151
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
lol, its not that I dont trust you just double checking before i order them hahahaha

Anybody got a used set of z33 track rotors f/s????
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2006, 05:51 PM   #152
Lordrandall
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Lordrandall is making a name for him/her selfLordrandall is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Lordrandall Send a message via AIM to Lordrandall Send a message via MSN to Lordrandall Send a message via Yahoo to Lordrandall
If anyone is interested, I have a contact who already has the hubcentric rings made for the cobra rotors. They use them over at maxima.org with Z32 calipers. I also have a 92 Maxima SE 5-speed.

Let me know if you can't find them on .org.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #153
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
anyone in socal with this setup btw? reason i ask is because i would like to test wheel to caliper fitment on someones setup, "hopefully" my main concern is obvioulsy the front.. EVO rotor and STI caliper.. how much different is it then the Z32 set-up? If i were to check on someone's STI this should do the trick right? although STI rotors being 2mm less wide then the EVO, if they clear basically the other set up should as well? Any thoughts?

i tried the above fitment on an 04 EVO and the wheel seems like it will clear the caliper, but it didnt go all the way on i think because of the hub diameter.. anyone know whats EVO's hub diameter? At the same time, if these front rotors with on S14 hub, the S14 hub must be smaller.. so the rotor will probably have some play? although this combination still works fine with the STI caliper?

i tried to put on a wheel w/skyline hub bore, 17x9.. i'm assuming all nissans share this bore.. i understand that it didnt fit on EVO as its problably different.. but makes me think how come this EVO front rotor works on S14 hub and that it doesnt have play? any advice?

Last edited by hybrid_eg; 06-02-2006 at 10:06 PM..
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #154
shermantank
Leaky Injector

shermantank is an unknown quantity at this point
JOhnC, Add me to the list for the bracket !! And could you PM me about the payment and other stuff, thanks !!
shermantank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:49 AM   #155
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
Shermantank, you will be added.
To all the members that want this bracket please email me at
[email protected]
In the subject please put Big Brake Bracket.
I will reply with payment information. price will include shipping
and the coating. Paypal or money order will be accepted.
You will be required to send only half of the amount and once they are
made you will be asked to send the rest. it should take no more
than a week to manufacture them.
Shipping will be via EMS. It will be trackable.
I hope I am not breaking any rules with this.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #156
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
One last bump from me to see if any more
are interested in the bracket. We got two
member interested 4 sure and one that will wait
for more to jump on. With three members price is 300
shipped. 10 will bring the price down to 250 shipped.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #157
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Finnally my brakes installed
Once again these are cadillacs CTS v calipers, with my own bracket and hawk hp + brake pads.

I originally posted i was going to use the cobra rotors but after much deliberation, and the fact that i got some powerslot cryoed rotors pretty cheap i decidede to use evolution rotors. I had to move one of the bolt holes about 4 mm.

I still have the stock master cylnder and stock rear brakes so its definitly over boosted and biased tremendously towards the front.

As for performance after i bedded in the rotors and pads i took it out and did a bunch of hard stops from 60 - 0 and 120- 0 and it stops on a dime.
I run falken azenis rt615 235/45/18 in the front and was able to lock the brakes at 120 , which i couldnt do before on z32 and hawk pads.

I cant wait to see how it evens out when i do the rears.

enjoy!!!

Old 06-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #158
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
That's fucking awesome! I was blown away by how big CTS-V brakes were the first time I saw them. How big do the rotors measure? Great work!
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #159
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

rotors measure roughly 320mm
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 AM   #160
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer
nice, that looks like a good size caliper.

btw, is that a 57 nomad?
Old 06-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #161
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

57 belair 2 door
Old 07-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #162
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

pics of the bracket and w/o wheels finnally.

Last edited by gsracer; 11-03-2006 at 09:21 AM..
gsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #163
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
Gsracer, nice setup. Your rotors are on the wrong side if you haven't swapped them yet. When looking at it, the slot should start out and then go towards the middle. Swap the right rotor onto the left and vice versa.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #164
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew935
Gsracer, nice setup. Your rotors are on the wrong side if you haven't swapped them yet. When looking at it, the slot should start out and then go towards the middle. Swap the right rotor onto the left and vice versa.

actually they are on the right way.

Power slots are like that, they specificly stamp the left and right, I called them because at first I thought they where stamped wrong but they told me thats hw they go/
Old 07-15-2006, 02:53 AM   #165
5upra
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

5upra is a well-known jackass
All right I have decided to do this also, can't wait...but where did kirnkov run off too?lol is he going to finish what he started?
5upra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:31 AM   #166
5upra
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

5upra is a well-known jackass
did anyone finish up on the rears on this topic? still no finishes in here.
5upra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:41 AM   #167
zugoi
Zilvia Junkie

zugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to behold
the evo rotors and sti brembo's look very nice but...also looks like overkill
Old 11-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #168
NSR250
Leaky Injector

NSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to allNSR250 is a name known to all
lots of good infos!
NSR250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:30 AM   #169
guitaraholic
Zilvia Junkie

guitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of light
How hard was it to fabricate the brackets for the CTS calipers?
guitaraholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:57 AM   #170
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

it was alot of measuiring and slight modification to the caliper took me about a week to sit it on with as little pad over hand as possible, it would probably sit better with a 350z rotor that is slightly bigger
Old 12-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #171
SilviaVsSupra
Leaky Injector

SilviaVsSupra is a well-known jackass
is their anything in the way of doing this same setup on a 4lug?
front; sti calipers, evo rotors(redrilled for 4lug), and the bracket.
rear; sti calipers, evo rotors(redrilled) and do i need the bracket?

what about the z33s? same thing?
SilviaVsSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #172
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Ok, im about to maybe pick up a set of evolution brembos, what can i do in terms of brackets, the Sti = evo im assuming from this thread, and then just use the rotors as well?
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #173
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i'm putting front evo brembos on my S14 but utilizing track 350z rotors...bracket is very similar to the one on this post, i can post pics tomorrow night. you can't beat a set of front huge brembos for $350!! there is NO demand for these suckers since all the evo guys gottem
Old 12-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #174
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Yeah, i might be able to get a front pair of calipers and rotors for a ben and a half, which would end up way cheaper than z brakes, which i already have for the rear sitting in my garage. Then a front 5 lug conversion and ill be set.
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #175
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
my brackets are different only b/c i'm using Z33 track rotors, i was going to mount them today but i seemed to have lost my locking lug socket not good!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #176
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
mmm z33 brakes, signing up.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #177
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Remember the bleeder screws go on the top...
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #178
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

shit i made the brackets wrong...now i gotta start from scratch jk
Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #179
pablo180
Zilvia Member

pablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of light
brake setup looks great! i've got a question though.
Have you considered running a 6061-T6 spacer instead of the 4340? Reason I ask is that is because the bracket looks heavy, and you want to reduce the amount of unsprung mass as much as possible to increase your wheel hop frequency.
pablo180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #180
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
Sean350z, did you finish this? *a
'90RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote