Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #241
aea-1919

Trader Rating: (1)
aea-1919 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
the Evo rotor diam is 300mm which allows a perfect fit of the STI capliper with the OE mounting points.
the Stock STI rotor width is 20mm.
Now the Z32 rotor is 297mmx18mm. That is 3mm less in total diam and 2mm
less wide.
I mounted the STI caliper onto a complete Z32 rear conversion and what do you know, It fits PERFECTLY! no need for a spacer for the mounting holes.
The pad covers the rotors surface perfectly and centers perfectly.....
Now that I found a working solution which keeps the e-brake from the Z32 and uses the Z32 rotor, I just need to get new pads and some braided rear lines and voila! a complete STI caliper conversion with front evo rotors+pads and Z32 rear rotor with a functional E-brake.

I was looking through this as well and have an alternative solution. If the Z32 rotors work, that means the ideal hat height is 63mm (height of Z32 rotor). The rear GT-R (any with factory brembos) use a 300mm x 22mm rotor with the same hat height. This rotor is the same dimensions as the EVO rotor except that it has the correct hat height and uses a Nissan sized internal drum. I'll be getting my rear STI brembos in the mail soon, and I'll test this out for sure. GT-R rotors are a little harder to get, but they're the right width.
aea-1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #242
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EVEN BETTER!!!!
Let us know.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #243
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
for the price of new GT-r rotors...asking racing brake to custom make you the perfect fit =P
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:57 AM   #244
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
for the price of new GT-r rotors...asking racing brake to custom make you the perfect fit =P
If they make it I will buy.
OptionZero Have they been in touch with you?
Nothing since the last post on their forum.
Anyway, I am happy with oversizing the pads for now.
I got A US Ferodo dealer to order me the custom size pads needed
for a few more $ and it works great with the STI Calipers on 300zx rotors.
If RB ever come through I will switch to them.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:15 AM   #245
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Any news on the ZO6 brakes?
Tearlessj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:47 AM   #246
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Wow, let me say, congrats on the c6 z06... I hate each and every owner... and to get it in black too - *sigh* good luck keeping it looking new.

Anyhow, I had no idea the c6 z06 brakes were so cheap. Any chance that they mount the same as the c5 z06 calipers? I could upgrade the c5 and give the s13 'hand me down' z06 brakes lol.

If anyone finds a rotor/bracket combo that works with the c6 z06 caliper, post up!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #247
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Quote:
If they make it I will buy.
OptionZero Have they been in touch with you?
Nothing since the last post on their forum.
Anyway, I am happy with oversizing the pads for now.
I got A US Ferodo dealer to order me the custom size pads needed
for a few more $ and it works great with the STI Calipers on 300zx rotors.
If RB ever come through I will switch to them.
I'm really sorry i've had finals so i haven't been able to like call them and have any sort of meaningful conversation. Feel free to pick up the slack for me (lol), i'm sure if you posted or contact them via email they'd be just as helpful.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #248
matixx

matixx is a well-known jackass
subaru's have a stock offset of 53... does this effect much in the swap and looking for wheels???
matixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #249
grnappletree14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
grnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
does any one know if i can get srt8 brakes and cailpers to fit on a s14 se. i have brembo brake pads for them and if i can i want to keep them and try to put them on if not ill sell them.
grnappletree14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:22 AM   #250
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Will do optionzero.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #251
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnappletree14 View Post
does any one know if i can get srt8 brakes and cailpers to fit on a s14 se. i have brembo brake pads for them and if i can i want to keep them and try to put them on if not ill sell them.
So you're going to custom fab brackets and somehow get rotors that work JUST so you can use some brake pads? That has to be the stupidest reason ever to do a brake job.

Here's an idea: Go to an SRT-8 forum and sell the pads. Use the money and buy some motherfucking common sense.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #252
drifting_changed_mylife
Zilvia Junkie

drifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to drifting_changed_mylife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinkov View Post
Okay done....mostly

finally tried my new FN01R-Cs on too, used to think my car was low enough, now it looks goofy high! Guess I'll have to drop it down another inch

beautiful job man!!!

+1
drifting_changed_mylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:36 PM   #253
GKTECH
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
GKTECH is making a name for him/her selfGKTECH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I just read this whole thread

Brilliant work!!

In Australia we don't get any brake options for anywhere near the price of the Z06 so I've contacted a few suppliers in the US and hopefully someone can help.

Greg
Old 06-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #254
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

Ali 556 is a well-known jackass
s14

johnC

can you compare the sti-evo compo...Vs 350Z track brembo's....?

cuz on my friend can get them for me for 800$ for all four...cliper+rotors...all i gonna need is Z32 steel line and Z32\R33 e-brake capel's....

thanks'n'advance

Regards,

Ali
Ali 556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:28 AM   #255
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Hi Ali,

If you can get the 350z for all four go for it. Less work and a close to bolt-on as it can get. I d not think You will not see a difference between sti-evo and the 350z performance wise. They are both great upgrades.
+1 for 350z. I had the sti available so i went that route but if I had the 350z It would be my first choice.
Upgrade to 2-piece rotors and ferodo ds2500 and your done.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #256
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Hi Ali,

If you can get the 350z for all four go for it. Less work and a close to bolt-on as it can get. I d not think You will not see a difference between sti-evo and the 350z performance wise. They are both great upgrades.
+1 for 350z. I had the sti available so i went that route but if I had the 350z It would be my first choice.
so the rear 350z rotors ??? what about the e-brake asembly ?????
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #257
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
link please to the 2 piece rotor please....

thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #258
racer98
Post Whore!

racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali 556 View Post
link please to the 2 piece rotor please....

thanks
more info ???
Old 06-16-2007, 12:20 AM   #259
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

2 piece rotors for 350z
http://www.racingbrake.com/NISSAN_s/521.htm

as for the e-brake assembly, there is a 350z brake thread somewhere, have a look and see what it says.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #260
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
2 piece rotors for 350z
http://www.racingbrake.com/NISSAN_s/521.htm

as for the e-brake assembly, there is a 350z brake thread somewhere, have a look and see what it says.
johnC

thanks man...but what is the advantig of having 2-piece rotor Vs stock one's....

also these rotor a lil bit expensive..or is't me a cheap bas****?

thanks

Ali
Old 06-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #261
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

No, they are a little expensive but............
the weigh less - better response from your suspension, allow less heat buildup , they weigh less better response from your suspension :-) .
Old 07-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #262
Krinkov
Leaky Injector

Krinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enough
in case anyone was interested heres a decent deal on a full set of Brembos

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167123
Krinkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #263
nOaAAa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
nOaAAa can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nOaAAa
honestly this is a VERY nice write up and VERY good information!!!

i tip my hat to you sir...

i wish you were my neighbor... LOL
nOaAAa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #264
daniel_s13.5

daniel_s13.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
as far as the corvette brake swap goes the factory vette rotors are 14 inch k sport offers 14 inch rotors for evos wonder if that would work and what the cost of those rotors would be
daniel_s13.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #265
racer98
Post Whore!

so for the caliper adpter for the Evo rotors is a DIY deal or does any one out there have them adapters for sale ?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #266
racer98
Post Whore!

Old 11-22-2007, 05:40 PM   #267
buzzfast

buzzfast is an unknown quantity at this point
wow those corvette calipers are huge!
buzzfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #268
Jbma327
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (51)
Jbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 51 reviews
Nice! How do you get the e-brake to work?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:32 AM   #269
ichibans13.5
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
ichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbma327 View Post
Nice! How do you get the e-brake to work?
u need the rear 300zx ebrake assembly and 300zx rear rotors
ichibans13.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #270
s15 sr20 guy

s15 sr20 guy is an unknown quantity at this point
this is the most incredible thread ever
s15 sr20 guy is offline   Reply With Quote