Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
$1700 Mia...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for advice on what to do.

Here's the story: I ordered a set of Bride Stradia seats back in October of 2006 (10/16/06) and a set of rails to go along with it for a grand total of $3,853.70 (tax included) and put down a deposit of $1700 of my debit card. Now as we all know it's early August of 2007 and approaching 1 year without my seats. I was quoted that they'd be here in about 2-3 months time. I said ok, and time went on they kept giving me the same BS excuse that it was on the container on it's way over here. I got fed up of course and demanded my money back repeatedly or get a set of coilovers instead for my money that has been dumped into their shop. I have tried going to see them in person but they always seem to be closed now and just today I called their number (818 998-0015) and got a message saying the number has been temporarily disconnected. I'm worried the shop has shut down and I've been F***'d out of $1700!!

What should I do??
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
who'd you buy them from?
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
reflexdb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
reflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to reflexdb
That sounds like a really long time to wait. I would try calling the Better Business Bureau to see what they suggest. Why would you wait a year before doing anything?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
hustlervibes

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
I bought them from a company called OHC out in Northridge CA.

I tired getting something done between us so I wouldn't have to go through as hassle of getting a lawyer or anything but I've gotten nowhere obviously.

If they did go out of business am I totally screwed?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
Contact yourself a lawyer, show em receipts, the bank statement containing your payment, etc. Lawyer should be able to find out everything about them and start issuing them literature saying they need to show up in court.

Most of the time, just the lawyer sending the owner of the shop a letter on nice legislature stating he's a lawyer is enough to at least get some kind of reaction out of them.
StaticX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
ur info says ur from northridge...so if the shop is in northridge too why dont you just go and see for yourself if its shut down and ask for your cash back in person....if they give you a hard time then get a lawyer.....or you may be able to take them to small claims court for an amount like that in which case you wouldnt even need a lawyer...you appear before a judge....judge judy scenario basically
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
1. Lawyer to figure out what to say to the bank/police and plan your method of attack.
2. Talk to your credit card company.
3. Talk to the police.

1989 S13 | 1996 S14 | 2001 E46 | 2009 ZX6R
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Where they ever on this list?
http://tees-usa.com/dealers.html
Old 08-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
You waited a year....wow.

And almost $4k for some seats...wow.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #10
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
Wow.

They're literally right next door to me.

They've been in business for years (12+), never really heard anything good about them though. It's changed hands couple of times from what I know.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #11
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Yeah OHC has been around for a while

No personal experience with them

But around 6 months I think you should've been concerned

Sometimes special orders take a while, but this is why you always buy through authorized distributors (see the link that was posted above...Tees USA = Bride USA)

Good luck!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:43 AM   #12
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Going thru an authorized dealer usually = less BS and a greater chance that the dealer has a good rep within the industry.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:56 AM   #13
hustlervibes

Yeah, i've learned this the hard way. But there's nothing I can do about it now except to get my money back.

I do have a few problems though. I don't have that bank account anymore nor do I have bank statements. I still have the debit card I used and reciepts from their shop. And still no real way of contacting them. I will try to get a lawyer sometime this week if I don't have any luck talking to them.

Just a hypothetical question. What if they were to change ownership again... Is the new owner responsible for my loss or am I still screwed?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:08 AM   #14
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
If the business was a private party/DBA the previous owner may be responsible.

If the new owner purchased the DBA under contract to assume all debts, then he is now responsible.

If the business is an S or C corp or an LLC, then it in itself is its own entity which still owes you money. No matter from whom's hands it has changed, it is out of that entities accounts that exists liability.