Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #31
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Thanks for joining the thread knoop obviously it could use your help.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #32
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ33 View Post
on a 350Z, 18x10 wheels, will -5 offset require pulling the rear fender? or will just roll and some stretch work? im not on coils yet, just springs that lower a little over an inch...
With out coils its gonna poke a lot and pretty much look stupid. On a z33 18x10 with a not so extreme stretch is easy, never owned a z but from what i see its easy with a roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
If someone wouldn't mind could I get a recommendation on tire size? My wheel specs are on the first page

Edit: up a couple posts.
I answered it to the best of my ability on post #16.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #33
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24debt View Post
hey guys! idk.. i like my fitment but then sometimes i feel like this can be alot better. specs are 17x9.75+25 and a 6mm spacer in the rear. tire size for the front is 215/45 which might be a bit overkill on the stretch and im running 224/45 in the rear. im rubbing on top of the wheel wells so any opinions on a more "fit" tire size? im also running-2 degrees of camber all around
You can try getting even smaller sidewalls. Lower the car a couple of mm's and tuck the tire in the fender a bit.

If I'm not mistaken you can monster stretch 215/40 on a 10" or even a 215/35 on a 10". And since your wheels are .25 smaller, theoretically, that SHOULD help. I would not like driving around LA with that kind of stretch though.

But to be honest, it's not worth the extra effort. Your fitment looks fine.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #34
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
i agree^^

I was gonna say got to 40 series all around and lower it more.

But i think if you just lower it a little more it will look fine.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #35
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Take your front fenders off, then beat the shit out of your whole front wheel well with a sledge hammer, LOL. You can beat the top parts up a good 1/2 inch at least. Same goes for the front and back of the wheel well.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #36
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
The fender wells are beat on quite well lol its just rubbing at the very top where the entry for coilover would slip in. Also my stance coils are maxed out up front and i could slip my hand through. Hopefully a 235/40 will fill in the gap and I could put more tire contact to the floor. Thanks guys
ka24debt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #37
cooltomato
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
cooltomato is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24debt View Post
hey guys! idk.. i like my fitment but then sometimes i feel like this can be alot better. specs are 17x9.75+25 and a 6mm spacer in the rear. tire size for the front is 215/45 which might be a bit overkill on the stretch and im running 224/45 in the rear. im rubbing on top of the wheel wells so any opinions on a more "fit" tire size? im also running-2 degrees of camber all around

did you have to run a spacer in the front as well? my friend had to run a spacer to actually bolt them on.
cooltomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #38
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Can i be slammed on 18's? stock body with just roll. Im about as low as i can go, front wheel rubs on top every little bump. Im at -1.5 degree of camber.
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #39
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

More low= more camber. Remove collars.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #40
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
Can i be slammed on 18's? stock body with just roll. Im about as low as i can go, front wheel rubs on top every little bump. Im at -1.5 degree of camber.
Now this is kind of a silly question. One of the first rules of this thread is to search first & we have PLENTY of pictures/specs of S14's on 18's in the Wheel Fitment Whore thread.

If you're worried about your wheels rubbing on every little bump. Maybe slamming your car isn't for you.

But to answer your question, yes. You can fit 18's with a roll. Depending on the width of your wheels and what kind of tires you have will determine if your wheels rubs or not. Camber can aid the fitment a bit.

However, a roll will only get you so far, it has its limits. If you plan on slamming the car with wide wheels + low offset, you'll need more fender work than a roll to achieve that kind of stance.

Like frsh4 said, you can remove collars to go lower. And if you have Fortune Auto coilovers, you can always cut the lower mounts for the fronts or flip them.

As a loophole, get some lame high offset 18x7 wheel and slam that. That won't rub as much when the car is slammed lol
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #41
zooopreme
Post Whore!

My question is for those S13 owners, how much of a pull for the rears will be needed for 10" +18?

I can't tell how much of a pull the couple on the front page has. But it doesn't look like much. I've seen a hatch that was higher off the ground with the same wheel specs and he had to pull the fenders about ~25mm. The hatch is running a 10mm spacer but let's imagine the car without one, will that kind of pull be necessary?

Generally, do coupes have wider wheel wells? Or am I trippin out?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #42
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A lot depends on the type of tire you run too. That hatch has a bigger tire than the coupe.
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #43
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
this is a great thread.
im looking to tuck on a stock body zenki, with all fenders rolled.
17/18 stagger, I m not going for the 326 power look of tucking half the rim, just to were the lip of the rim is tucked.
my question is, what offsets are ideal for this? i know i can always add more camber but i am trying to do it with minimal camber. I have no problem beating the shit out of the fenderwells to acquire some clerance, and this is not a daily driven car at all.
I have done some searching, and found all the information i could ever want on if i wanted flush fitment, but not much on the look i want.

thanks!
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #44
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Oh that's right I forgot to take that into account, if I were to run a smaller tire will that minimize the camber? Because according to rimtuck, that hatch is running around 3-3.5* and according to the first page, the coupe is running about 2.3*
Old 07-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #45
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Oh that's right I forgot to take that into account, if I were to run a smaller tire will that minimize the camber? Because according to rimtuck, that hatch is running around 3-3.5* and according to the first page, the coupe is running about 2.3*
Yeah, it'll be easier to fit with a smaller tire. On a 10J you could run 215/40 Federal 595's since they run wide. It'll be like running a 225/40... which are damn near impossible to find. Unless you don't mind running 45s.
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #46
endlessboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
endlessboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Fronts will fit no problem with the lip flattened. Rears will need ~-3 camber and a slight pull.

Front shot:

The fronts in those photos are 17X10 +7 with 245/40 S-Drives and ~-2.7 camber.
Hey knoop, is there a reason you run such a wide front tire other than it being grippier? I have 17x10 +0 front and am thinking of running a 225/45 dz101. Couldn't you step down a size in the rear too so the pull wouldn't be to far out? I'm not critisizing just asking cause your shit looks dope as it is.
endlessboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #47
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
My question is for those S13 owners, how much of a pull for the rears will be needed for 10" +18?

I can't tell how much of a pull the couple on the front page has. But it doesn't look like much. I've seen a hatch that was higher off the ground with the same wheel specs and he had to pull the fenders about ~25mm. The hatch is running a 10mm spacer but let's imagine the car without one, will that kind of pull be necessary?

Generally, do coupes have wider wheel wells? Or am I trippin out?

The coupe is mine I do look to have a smaller tire a 225/40 dunlop. The pull is very little hardly noticeable.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #48
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
Yeah, it'll be easier to fit with a smaller tire. On a 10J you could run 215/40 Federal 595's since they run wide. It'll be like running a 225/40... which are damn near impossible to find. Unless you don't mind running 45s.
I agree with 100%. I ran dunlop all around and in the front the gap is less with federal and i rub some what with feds where dunlop i actually had a gap.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #49
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Fronts will fit no problem with the lip flattened. Rears will need ~-3 camber and a slight pull.

This is ~-2.5 camber with a 255/40/17 BFGs on a 17X11 +12.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3460/3949742774_b0b4ff9db7_o.jpg[/ig]

Front shot:

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2589/3948969057_33273ba72a_o.jpg[/ig]

The fronts in those photos are 17X10 +7 with 245/40 S-Drives and ~-2.7 camber.
Just the person I wanted to answer, your car is my inspiration
thanks dude
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #50
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Heard you can only fit 10" +18 wheels up front on the S13 with Apexi N1 coilovers along with Megans.

With that said, how much of a spacer will I need to run in order for them joints to fit stock bodied S13? And what kind of fender work will I need to make them fit?

Or should I go with a 9 or 9.5" in front. I really don't want to run staggered at all. But if a 10" +18 is not worth the effort, then what would be a better stagger 9 or 9.5"?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #51
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
go with 9j in front

or add a lot of camber then you can run more spacer to clear the coilover
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #52
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessboost View Post
Hey knoop, is there a reason you run such a wide front tire other than it being grippier? I have 17x10 +0 front and am thinking of running a 225/45 dz101. Couldn't you step down a size in the rear too so the pull wouldn't be to far out? I'm not critisizing just asking cause your shit looks dope as it is.
run a 235/40-17 star spec. trust me on this.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #53
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Seconded on star specs.

Shit is almost as sticky as R888.

motherfucker.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #54
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessboost View Post
I ran that size because I wanted as much tire as I could fit. It was awesome drifting with 245s up front too...I wasn't runny a crazy grippy tire though. I am on 235/40s NT05s up front now which I love. They're retarded grippy compared to any other tire I've used. I've heard great things about Star Specs as well.

Either way, I'd recommend a 235/40 over a 225/45 just because it has a shorter sidewall, the tires overall height is smaller so you'll have more clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Just the person I wanted to answer, your car is my inspiration
thanks dude
Thank you very much, and no problem.

Quote:
Heard you can only fit 10" +18 wheels up front on the S13 with Apexi N1 coilovers along with Megans.

With that said, how much of a spacer will I need to run in order for them joints to fit stock bodied S13? And what kind of fender work will I need to make them fit?

Or should I go with a 9 or 9.5" in front. I really don't want to run staggered at all. But if a 10" +18 is not worth the effort, then what would be a better stagger 9 or 9.5"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
go with 9j in front

or add a lot of camber then you can run more spacer to clear the coilover
For sure run a 9 up front. A 9 +12 with a 215 fits just about perfect on a stock body S13 up front. You could go with a 9.5 up front, but with the limited room S13s have you'll have a much easier time with fitting the 9J.

I loved the way my S14 felt when I was running 17X9s all around...so you don't have to stagger if you don't want to. A 9/10 stagger is fine, but I'd be more inclined to do a 9/9.5 stagger if you decided to run a staggered set up.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #55
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
alexanderig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
well i got my wheels on camber is maxed in the front and in the rear is -.5. i want to go lower but i need fender work. now my question do i need a roll and pull? or will just a roll suffice thanks in advance

alexanderig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #56
zooopreme
Post Whore!

For the fronts, if the coilovers can go lower, you can hammer the lips and give it a slight roll. How much camber is in the front anyway?

For the rears, you're going to need more camber to go lower so you're going to need new arms that can dial in more camber & to try to keep the toe as close to zero. After that you're going to need a slight roll and possibly a slight pull.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #57
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Roll and pull and lower. Try lowering it all the way and decided what you got to do. Shouldnt take long to lower all the way. What tire size are you running and offset? Looks like the new xxr +25 but pretty sure your running spacers.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #58
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
alexanderig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I already have all arms in the back for adjustability. I'm going to roll and pull my fenders now, and then go lower. As for camber I'm maxed in the front in the rear -.5. I'm trying to keep it minimal in the rear since it gets drifted. And in the front I'm running 10mm spacers and in the rear nothing. After this I'll probably throw a little more camber in the back.
alexanderig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #59
Wake
Premium Member

who told you half a degree was good for driftiing?

I would say your going to need to go to at least -1.5
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #60
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Also your fronts dont look maxed out.