Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #121
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEALSQUEAL View Post
This is bolt on, has a much greater volume, and doesn't have sealing problems like xcessive's plenums do. I'll take function over form any day of the week... Then again this is zilvia so I can't expect too much.

Not to mention if you send him your runners, rail, and throttle body he will port match the runners, match the rail and throttle body for clearance, and anything else you want for very reasonable prices.
I did one of those on my fwd, I welded it together. That guy has to step up his game.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 05:28 AM   #122
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
I did one of those on my fwd, I welded it together. That guy has to step up his game.
You cobbled yours together from a casting and other loose parts, he is making mine from scratch, not to mention your volume is still less than what mine will be, but hey congrats you can fabricate. I don't have a tig at my house only a mig nor do I have the time to fabricate anything currently. What is yours based off of? Here are more shots of where it starts and how it's put together, not to mention they've run FEA on the design, where is yours?

TEALSQUEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:42 AM   #123
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
You cobbled yours together from a casting and other loose parts, he is making mine from scratch, not to mention your volume is still less than what mine will be, but hey congrats you can fabricate. I don't have a tig at my house only a mig nor do I have the time to fabricate anything currently. What is yours based off of? Here are more shots of where it starts and how it's put together, not to mention they've run FEA on the design, where is yours?

LoL mine is made from trial and error.

It's on a N/A engine not a turbo motor where it's much more critical to get a length that works so you don't lose power all over the place. Lets face it I'd rather use cast parts than put that manifold on my motor. I still think he needs to step up his game.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #124
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Teal check out Advance Motor Mechanics PJ VET S13. If the excessive is not that good I guess anything will work for HP.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #125
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
The plenum I am getting was engineered and lot of r&d has been done. It's costing me under $500 with runner port matching, matching my custom fuel rail to it and other requests I made. He has his game in step and I'll happily stand behind it. My car isn't a shop car in any way. Also why waste all that time and effort on an NA fwd setup? I mean if you wanna rev a bunch and deal with traction/torque steer issues go get a honda.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #126
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fwd or rwd , n/a or turbo its a sr20ve and thats why we have a page on here to DISCUSS NOT BITCH about how good the welds are on a manifold !

Ok that manifold is not the show and shine type , but its gona do the job ! My tuner made one himself (without velocity stack) ... its not the best looking but he's still the fastes 240sx with sr20 in canada ! (1/4mile 8.92sec)

we are going for pj's world record as soon as the snow is gone!

Pj's runs a xcessive that is welded and he is in the 900whp if im not mistaken but he extended the front of the manifold for better throttle body position and maybe more volume !

Hell i went with a mazworx and its probably gona crack so will see how it goes !

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #127
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

I like that setup, you can tell it's strictly drag with that radiator.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #128
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
They Hypertune intake manifold is certainly the loveliest.
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...equired/page15
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #129
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
My car isn't a shop car in any way. Also why waste all that time and effort on an NA fwd setup? I mean if you wanna rev a bunch and deal with traction/torque steer issues go get a honda.
I have had this FWD VE way before you even knew what a VE could do. If the effort was too much to do anything then why bother doing it. Rock your "engineered manifold" and I'll rock my peaced together manifold" lol.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #130
2000gtx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
2000gtx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
vvl intake

I am using the excessive intake welded also..it seems to be ok...I would like the mazworx one jus don't have the funds right now...I might jus do another excessive with the air horns inside...
2000gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #131
Drift_FX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Drift_FX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how come you guys are not taking into consideration plenum shape? there is a reason that manifolds taper as they go towards the rear. it causes pressure to build up evenly above all the ports, without it the rear runners will see more flow than the front runners. so honestly all of those cylinder designs are not very efficient. they will work, you can make power with them, they are the easiest to build, but not the best design....

this is technically one of the best designs for 4cyl motors
Drift_FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #132
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Dual double plenum intake manifolds are where it's at. Yes this is a VE manifold. Made by Bill Washburn

More info on their design: http://www.bufkinengineering.com/intake%20manifolds.htm
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #133
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_FX View Post
how come you guys are not taking into consideration plenum shape? there is a reason that manifolds taper as they go towards the rear. it causes pressure to build up evenly above all the ports, without it the rear runners will see more flow than the front runners. so honestly all of those cylinder designs are not very efficient. they will work, you can make power with them, they are the easiest to build, but not the best design....

this is technically one of the best designs for 4cyl motors
That's nice!

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #134
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
i love all the stuff AMS does for 4g63 and evo's !!! that intake is realy nice

i read abit on those twin chamber manifold ... i personnaly dont like the look of them and if Under Suzuki and is s15(with hypertune plenum) has the record on stukuba ... its will be good enough for my street car

you guys can read abit on the design here ... btw this is the best site/thread i found for sr20ve info

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index...post&p=6593193

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #135
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Those are pretty sick. My plenum would work better with a center entrance, but there isn't room. I'm happy with how it turned out and we'll see how it flows. The customer service and support I received from Performance +Plus has been excellent and Matt is definitely there to stand behind his product and anything else you'll need. I ordered my thermal gaskets from excessive last night, and should have some pictures of everything bolted up next week.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #136
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
i read abit on those twin chamber manifold ... i personnaly dont like the look of them and if Under Suzuki and is s15(with hypertune plenum) has the record on stukuba ... its will be good enough for my street car

you guys can read abit on the design here ... btw this is the best site/thread i found for sr20ve info

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index...post&p=6593193
Actually only just recently did the scorch car goto one of the hypertune ve plenums and new throttle body. For years and years it ran a very early edition normal SR one which they'd adapted themselves to fit the ve head.

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #137
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
They Hypertune intake manifold is certainly the loveliest.
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...equired/page15
Same build thread is actually on this forum aswell

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...ghlight=SXD180

Old 03-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #138
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaBS View Post
Actually only just recently did the scorch car goto one of the hypertune ve plenums and new throttle body. For years and years it ran a very early edition normal SR one which they'd adapted themselves to fit the ve head.
Its nice to have an Ausi insider XP !!!

I didnt know about the intake manifold ! I saw on facebook that he just went with the same bottom mount manifold as you , but its wraped in foil and it looks like shit

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #139
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
Its nice to have an Ausi insider XP !!!

I didnt know about the intake manifold ! I saw on facebook that he just went with the same bottom mount manifold as you , but its wraped in foil and it looks like shit
Yeh that manifold is a full kilo lighter than most others and gets the weight of the turbo down low. Last year at wtac they melted the power steering reservoir with no ps cooler and not great heat shelding.

This year they're stepping it up afew notches. The inconel heat shield around the exhaust housing is pretty cool. The wrap around the manifold while probably effective looks pretty average though yeh. :P

Heres a dodgey phone camera shot one of the Hypertune guys took for me back in October when wtac was on. Under checking out the new manifold when it was just finished on my car. I must admit this was quite a buzz.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mms_img-1575933335.jpg (396.6 KB, 45 views)

Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #140
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Here's the manifold bolted to the engine.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #141
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
I have a p11 sr20ve head with damage to a chamber that i am parting out its complete except the valves, cams and all other parts are in great shape.
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #142
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgjnsfykj View Post
Is there a few definitive VE engine threads that you guys would recommend for the fundamentals?
Pretty sure this question was asked & answered on the first page of this thread...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #143
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

How long is everyone's solenoid relocation lines? Mazworx kit sells a set that's 24". I am going to put my solenoid block beneath my manifold.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #144
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
How long is everyone's solenoid relocation lines? Mazworx kit sells a set that's 24". I am going to put my solenoid block beneath my manifold.
Mine are pretty long. I have my solenoid block mounted below the manifold on the passenger strut tower.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #145
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

So around 36"? I'm buying line and what not to make the lines and I'm guesstimating the length I'll need total because my engine isn't in the bay yet.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #146
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hey Tealsqueal, did you cut part of the headgasket so the oil pump holes would match? I have a sr20det apex'i headgasket and the little tag gets in the way of one of the holes.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #147
autotechmotoring
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (9)
autotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enoughautotechmotoring will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
24" will allow you to mount it on the shock tower on the passenger side with room to spare.
autotechmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #148
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
So around 36"? I'm buying line and what not to make the lines and I'm guesstimating the length I'll need total because my engine isn't in the bay yet.
If you're mounting it just north of the starter or slightly infront, 36" should be enough, but I'd buy a bit extra incase something happens with a fitting. Are you running P11 solenoids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Hey Tealsqueal, did you cut part of the headgasket so the oil pump holes would match? I have a sr20det apex'i headgasket and the little tag gets in the way of one of the holes.
Yes, you have to trim the headgasket to clear that oil pump cover bolt. Some headgaskets have that provision on them already FYI.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #149
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Here is how mine is ! This is a mazworx kit and i cut them to the good lenght for my set-up

Longess is about 17inch
And the other two are around 13inch

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 03-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #150
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Looks good. Where did all your coolant routing go?

I looped mine after some little modification.