Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-23-2004, 02:07 AM   #31
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelinja
WDC?
fuck message length
World Drift Championship by Primedia (Import Tuner, SCC, Turbo etc...) Just trying to compete with Formula D.

http://cars.ign.com/articles/557/557...html?fromint=1

http://www.thewdc.net/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2004, 02:31 AM   #32
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
Zilvia Junkie

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her selfXxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.
damn bro, 19K for an 98, LOL, i've had my 97 for sale for like a month and not a single person wants to even look at it because it's "so expensive" and i've been only asking 5500 for it, sigh, i wish i lived on cali.

wow if ilived near you i wouldv bought ur car, but also i have no money but i wouldv went to the bank to borrow money for that price. and 19k on some 98 now? i thought i payed way too much, i payed 7500 last year for my s14 with 80k.
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:37 AM   #33
fastbacchris
Zilvia Junkie

fastbacchris is an unknown quantity at this point
i went to see how much 240s are costing in my area and look what i found http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...or=&cardist=45
fastbacchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:38 AM   #34
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
drifting......

drunk.....that' right bitches....

ibbanned
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:43 AM   #35
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
Zilvia Junkie

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her selfXxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbacchris
i went to see how much 240s are costing in my area and look what i found http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...or=&cardist=45

hahahahah.
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 04:37 AM   #36
psychedelicbeats
Zilvia Addict

psychedelicbeats is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
Ya, but that's the type of car an enthusiast would not want. Anytime you get into a car that's already modded and driven you're getting into problems, since you can't know it's real history. For example a car with I/H/E on it has been flogged to hell and back, no matter what the owner says. You're buying a possible nightmare with something like that.

These cars on Ebay with SRs already in them are the worst, you're buying a 15yr car with a questionable condition motor installed by some backwoods moron that still sits on OE brakes and suspension. And these kids are paying out the ass for them only to have chit break left and right because it's just worn out.

Sad.
i am the owner.

Last edited by psychedelicbeats; 10-23-2004 at 04:53 AM..
psychedelicbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:05 AM   #37
seksi240
Leaky Injector

seksi240 is on a distinguished road
I would never buy a car with aftermarket on it. And some people forget, no one gives a shit how much money you dumped into the car, you ain't gonna get reimbursed for that by asking for a high price. Unless, of course, it's too a person who doesn't know any better and just wants one to have one. In that case, my S13 is up for sale starting at 7k.
seksi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:34 PM   #38
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
Kelly Blue Book on the 97/98's are pretty high....the S14's were never econobox type cars....the high price of them was what killed them.

I like the exterior on hatchbacks, but the basic interior had be going to the S14's. It's a very high quality setup. Everything is well engineered, high quality and easy to work with (except the PCV valve)....hardly 'econobox'.

When I bought my 98, I was looking for a under 75k Kouki, white with a 5 spd. SE or LE only....I had $15k to spend and couldn't find one for several months...then found one 3 hours away with 68k, white, 5spd, SE that was in good shape with only a little bit of maintenance needed, $8,800.

My final car choice was 944 Turbo/Turbo S or the 240SX and later add the 'needed' turbo to it. I am happy I chose the 240SX....my kouki I haven't seen yet (only one white 240sx I have seen in 6 months and it was a zenki, and a few green zenkis)....however I see a 944 at least twice a week (beaters mostly).

Once turbocharged I think this is one of the best cars in the $15k-20k range cash can buy and compares to cars up to $40k...maybe $60k. New cars in the $15k-20k range are extremely lacking. Plus the exclusiveness of the kouki is nice.

Another added benefit is the 240/silvia as a whole aren't a bunch of assholes. There are a lot of car makes whose 'forums' are nothing but bragging/bashing/flamefests....I had a Saturn as a temporary college 'round two' car....I learned a lot from playing with it with cheap mods. The forums in the saturn community are filled with morons and those that just bash the car yet continue to pour money into it and then claim they could be driving a 'S2000/IS300/WRX/EVO/ETC', but they don't see the value in such a high car payment.

I am hooked on this car.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:06 PM   #39
Journer
Zilvia Member

Journer is an unknown quantity at this point
i doubt i could get 8k for my sr powered and lightly tuned s14 kouki ...man...alabama sucks, lol
Journer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:42 AM   #40
silvarshooter

Trader Rating: (4)
silvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nicesilvarshooter is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I got my 95 s14 se for $6000, two years ago. The blue book then for an se with more than 100k(mine was 112K) miles was like 5000 something. I paid a little more than the cars worth, because of availability. Anyone who would pay 10k for a zenki is an idiot!
silvarshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:11 PM   #41
kay_arsen
Zilvia Member

kay_arsen is on the path to ruinkay_arsen is on the path to ruin
Send a message via MSN to kay_arsen
i got my s14 for 10 grand

whats the big deal in canada the prices for s14's are 6 grand and up depending on condition
kay_arsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #42
tew photy
Zilvia Member

tew photy is making a name for him/her selftew photy is making a name for him/her self
isn't canadien dollars worth a lot less than american dollars though?
tew photy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:32 PM   #43
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Shiet i bought mine for $13.5 back in 2000 off a dealer in Tampa. 23k miles, red, driven by a lady *i know cuz for the longest, everytime my rear windown would fog up, it says Mary Kate on it* and the fact that the clutch went out round 42k. 2 years later, the whole SR20det thing came about and hit the mainstream with the whole drift thing and thanks to Fast and the Furious for trying to stick a SR20 into an integra. Iono...its scary how much demand there is for S-chassis now a days. Its starting to be a regular occurance of somebody getting jacked in the forums. Yes its the new civic....*so sad*
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:25 PM   #44
silvarshootin
Leaky Injector

silvarshootin is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but on auto trader there are plenty of reasonably priced s13s and s14s in texas. There are even a couple with sr swaps for less than 10K.
silvarshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:37 PM   #45
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
simply supply vs. demand economics. Demand increases without supply increasing = higher prices. Even if the demand is artificially inflated by media.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:47 PM   #46
DriftDragon28
Leaky Injector

DriftDragon28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DriftDragon28
hAHAHAHAHAHA

omg thats insane. I cant beleive that people are paying that much for a car. Id never pay that much. I paid 1000 for my 91 coupe. and it came with all the bells and whistles minus sunroof, HICAS, and AC. its a sports car. Oh and I got the silvia face for FREE a VLSD and lowered it for cheap. toatl investment of around 3k and I can sell it for close double that cuz of the TIET JDM front end yo. lol. stupid kids these days.
DriftDragon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:44 AM   #47
urbanimpakt
Leaky Injector

urbanimpakt is an unknown quantity at this point
FYI you might want a cup of coffe to read this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst
I like the exterior on hatchbacks, but the basic interior had be going to the S14's. It's a very high quality setup. Everything is well engineered, high quality and easy to work with (except the PCV valve)....hardly 'econobox'.
I said econobox because of the fact that the other cars during that era (Im now specifically talking about 95-98) that are going for approx 10k have much more to them. Dont get me wrong the 240's had a lot to them w/ all the power options, sunroof, abs, vlsd, etc. But there were plenty of other cars that were coming out that time that had all that stuff (even tho most were FWD). To me tho there was nothing new or revolutionary about them.

Simple idea, Simple, Simple RWD car (im prolly gonna get bashed 4 that statement) in a sense. But thats what drew me to the 240's, its a platform you can build on. But thats what drew me to the 240's, its a platform you can build on. The s14 is considered one of the best drift cars because of its wheelbase and weight displacement. The s13 is up there IMO, and both can be tuned to for autoX. But because they never came w/ more driver enthus. options you haven't seen many in the race car scene until the drift seen hit the shores, or atleast I havent.

Its not an MR2 w/ one of the best suspesions of its time Its not a DSM, turbo AWD. Its not a Audi your luxury sports car. I've seen a 91 MR2 go for the same as a 91 240, a 98 240sx for as much as a GSX (same year), and a 96 240 go for as much as an audi a4 (same year). 6k is to much for a stock s13 and 10k is to much for a stock s14 (even a low mileage 98 is questionable).
Old 11-02-2004, 04:45 PM   #48
TachyonS14
Zilvia Member

TachyonS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TachyonS14
I got my Kouki for $4,800 in San Diego almost 2 years ago. I got really lucky on that one. I bet I could easily sell it for 8k+ here in cali.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #49
initial s14
Zilvia Member

initial s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
ive got my 97 white kouki s14 for only 8k with only 42,000 miles with brand spanking new performance.. a year before drifting became mainstream.. now thats a deal ! whoo hoo !
initial s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:36 AM   #50
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
Kouki is just the 97/98...base / automatics and automatics in general are usually always cheap. Not saying that's what you have, but the last time someone told me they got their 98 Kouki for only $3k with 40k something on it (not a bad deal nonetheless) vs mine with 70k for $8800, they left out their's had a fender bash, auto, base, and wasn't very clean inside.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:03 AM   #51
Red
Zilvia Addict

Red is an unknown quantity at this point
I paid 10k from a dealer 3-4 years ago for my 1995 240sx se... (I had to have them find one for me which took 3 months.)

I have looked at many new cars and other used cars around 20k and I'm very happy with my 240sx...
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:24 AM   #52
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDragon28
omg thats insane. I cant beleive that people are paying that much for a car. Id never pay that much. I paid 1000 for my 91 coupe. and it came with all the bells and whistles minus sunroof, HICAS, and AC. its a sports car. Oh and I got the silvia face for FREE a VLSD and lowered it for cheap. toatl investment of around 3k and I can sell it for close double that cuz of the TIET JDM front end yo. lol. stupid kids these days.
Does it make you feel good to brag on the internet about buying a 13 year old car that cost you $1000? You do know most new cars are in the neighborhood of 20k-30k?

Get over it, people will pay what the car is worth to them. No reason for you to laugh at them...
lilredstiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:48 AM   #53
PooPoo240
Zilvia Member

PooPoo240 will become famous soon enoughPooPoo240 will become famous soon enoughPooPoo240 will become famous soon enoughPooPoo240 will become famous soon enough
it's all based on Supply and Demand we have something that is difficult to find or that everyone wants, than the buyer can get whatever he wants for it...
PooPoo240 is offline   Reply With Quote