Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-25-2018, 06:28 AM   #1
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jdm_land is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordering/Experience with UP Garage?

I was browsing the internet and decided to look at the Up Garage website. Surprisingly Bride and Recaro seats are pretty damn cheap. Down side is shipping is high.

Has anyone ever ordered anything from Up Garage to the states? How was the experience? Any information about buying or selling through them would be great.

Thank you
jdm_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Jesse Streeter can help you out, he has done wonders for me and his fee is not very high. The more you buy easier it is/cheaper to ship if you consolidate.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #3
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Jesse Streeter can help you out, he has done wonders for me and his fee is not very high. The more you buy easier it is/cheaper to ship if you consolidate.
Yes, Iv heard of this company/person before. I’m more or less just feeling out how it is ordering stuff without using a 3rd party.

My main concern is people’s overall experience ordering from Up Garage. Especially big stuff like seats, rims, spoilers, etc.

Just a example, do you think this is worth the price plus shipping? I feel like in the states people would be asking at least $800 + shipping used.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #4
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wow that's stupid cheap including shipping for that size of an item! My buddy who bought from them directly (while he was in Japan) said they are inexpensive parts i think just open box type thing but quality is usually there!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:36 AM   #5
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
Wow that's stupid cheap including shipping for that size of an item! My buddy who bought from them directly (while he was in Japan) said they are inexpensive parts i think just open box type thing but quality is usually there!
Yes, some of these seats are so cheap I’m concerned they are knock offs. No way of knowing until you receive them. At that point I’m not paying $500 to ship them back.

As far as quality, all the seats I have looked at are in amazing shape for the price. We would never ever find deals like this in the states.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:47 AM   #6
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Never ordered from Japan directly, always through Buyee or Streeter. Both of which would offer (additionally of course) extra packaging protection which paid out for some carbon pieces I bought. I would imagine if its not fragile you should be okay.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:09 AM   #7
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Everyone loves to say use streeter, I’ve been around the forum for a while now....who is streeter how does one contact said “streeter”? What’s the exact process?
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #8
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

[email protected]
Old 10-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Everyone loves to say use streeter, I’ve been around the forum for a while now....who is streeter how does one contact said “streeter”? What’s the exact process?
just search his name on google and his website will pop up. Just ordered a pair of SSR Minervas for less than 600$ including shipping. At the end of it all, his fee was only 35$ As for shipping, the DHL option is best, they are quick, effective, have great insurance. Just got the notification that I can expect my package this weekend after finalizing the order earlier this week
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #10
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
just search his name on google and his website will pop up. Just ordered a pair of SSR Minervas for less than 600$ including shipping. At the end of it all, his fee was only 35$ As for shipping, the DHL option is best, they are quick, effective, have great insurance. Just got the notification that I can expect my package this weekend after finalizing the order earlier this week
They have some great priced rims on UP’s website as well. And the shipping is cheaper than shipping 1 Bride seat.

I’m guessing shipping is even cheaper for the West coast states.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #11
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Damn I appreciate the heads up! That’s a game changer
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:47 PM   #12
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Living in japan, up garage is a recycle shop. They sell used parts. Also it’s not cheap. Everything is at the market value. Rn everything is hyped. So everything is disgustingly expensive here. Buying from up garage is like buying from the zilvia marketplace. Seats and wheels are cheap because they’re not marking up for shipping and bullshit already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:02 PM   #13
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Shipping will likely be cheaper through Jesse Streeter than it will in the quotes you see on Up garage. I have had him ship Bride reclinable seats over the years for much less than the prices you are seeing in that screen shot.

Also vouch for DHL shipping option. It's usually more expensive (and sometimes is not worth it) but my items arrive overnight. It's crazy.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #14
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
I visited a number of upgarages while I was in japan this past spring. Deals are few and far between. I personally use Jesse for the majority of parts I order.

I was able to get my confetti seat through a local shop for $400 last spring. used.racingparts on instagram used to have relatively decent prices. I am not too sure about now though, It seems like everything has gone through the roof.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:12 PM   #15
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Streeter is probably the cheapest i've seen as third party. other than having family over there is much much cheaper and easier to process cost. or visiting and shipping what you buy back. this is what i do.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:47 PM   #16
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if your going to go through streeter, dont waste his time with nonsense. If you dont have the money or are serious about purchasing an item, dont bother. Just a heads up, professionalism goes a long way with him.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #17
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Streeter is an awesome guy. Super nice customer service, quick answer and small fees.
He shipped tail lights and a carbon diffuser for my dad's supra. A+, would recommend!