Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2021, 12:46 PM   #1
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Are there no new hotboi wheel brands sub 2k anymore?

Legit curious.

I feel like when Sportmaxx / XXR began dominating the cheap JDM market, much in the way of innovation went to the wayside. Especially in the "affordable" range, from more established brands. They also cornered the market in such a way I don't think we have seen a consistent rise of smaller similar styled wheels since.

The last cool brick that fell (at least in the states ) was losing the licensing to make CST wheels (Battles) in the USA, as that took out a cool looking affordable, albeit overused, wheel option. One of the only ones left really, RIP days of FN01r-c and Hot Wheels wheels.

Who is out there now? Maybe I am just out of touch. I know Kansei exist, but there isn't a ton of designs and most are relatively conservative imitations of already conservative wheels. Cosmis has fallen off the earth at this point, and TBH their designs were never my thing.

Happy to see Advan making some cool OG designs again, but I am sure the price will be a nostalgia point and none of the sizes are s-chassis good IMO.

What are the cool kids rocking now that don't cost equal money to our cars?

*** Just want to PSA, I am not at all against spending $$$ on the s-chassis. Been around way too long to do cheap stuff. Not complaining in that way, more just perplexed at how barren the affordable JDM / JDM "style" wheel market has become. Very complacent.