Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > R Chassis

R Chassis Technical discussion related to the R Chassis such as the R31, R32, R33, R34, and R35.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:06 PM   #1
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Built RB26 R34 Skyline on AEM Infinity and ID1700x

Hope this is the right place to post some details about a few R34 GT-R's

Update as of 2022 this R34 got a forged RB30 with a big single precision turbo. I went to setup another ecu package and tune the car. Customer is also now posted tue car for sale but warning tue South Korean market is higher priced than US!
1999 R34 GTR for sale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I_Uyh8Ed4I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luqz0Tn0kLo

At the end of 2019 I had to go back out to South Korea for some tuning on a few R34 GT-R's. Two cars running the R34 Plug n Play AEM Infinity ECU kit and
one car running on a HKS Fcon.

My personal favorite car from the group is running a built RB26 (manley rods, CP pistons, Tomei HG and HKS cams). Fuel system featured dual in tank AEM pumps and a set
of RB26 specific ID1700X Injector Dynamics Injectors. A pair of HKS journal bearing turbos are matched up to the dual 2.5" exhaust that merges at the rear 80mm muffler resulting in a super stealth GTR.
This RB26 was also fitted with the Dual Channel VE wide band knock kit that allows us to make individual cylinder trims through the Infinity to maximize reliability and power output.
Sitting on ohlins coilovers the car drove like an S class, made over 600WHP and was deadly quiet! (if it didn't look like an R34 it would be a perfect sleeper).
To make things more exciting for the owner we set up a 12 position MAP switch and rolling launch anti lag for those serious highway races.

As soon as i get some action shots from the GT-R's doing some rolling launch highway pulls i will be sure to share!

ATM I am waiting for the old corona virus to simmer down so i can go back over and convert the car i tuned on HKS fcon last year to the new AEM Infinity plug & play kit.

Last edited by tunermt; 11-13-2023 at 04:52 AM..
tunermt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
don't come back here till you have more photos
those cars look amazing!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Ok more photos on the way!
Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #4
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

RB26 PRP trigger kit, why every RB needs one!

Old 04-11-2020, 09:17 PM   #5
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Old 04-13-2020, 09:48 AM   #6
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Absolutely agree with the PRP kit. I have their entire catalog for my RB except for the block brace, that's going on the RB30. Aussies have been ahead in the RB game.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:28 PM   #7
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Always recommend the PRP trigger kits to any RB customer i have to tune. R35 coil kit is another great addition to any RB from mild to wild ALWAYS good to have a reliable crank position data and hot spark!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Absolutely agree with the PRP kit. I have their entire catalog for my RB except for the block brace, that's going on the RB30. Aussies have been ahead in the RB game.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:25 AM   #8
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunermt View Post
Always recommend the PRP trigger kits to any RB customer i have to tune. R35 coil kit is another great addition to any RB from mild to wild ALWAYS good to have a reliable crank position data and hot spark!
Those kits definitely make your job easier and results in more reliable power!
Old 05-16-2020, 02:42 AM   #9
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

2 more R34's lined up with the Plug n Play GTR Infinity harness, 506 ecu and CD7 dash just waiting for covid to cool down to head back over for set up and tuning.
I'll be sure to get more pictures and videos of the cars in action, they are all part of the same group of friends so organizing a cruise with a few R34's and S15's shouldn't be to hard haha JDM fun in Korea
Old 05-17-2020, 11:54 PM   #10
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOrwF-OQ1E

Testing a few different layouts on the CD-7 carbon display. https://youtu.be/-DOrwF-OQ1E
Old 05-18-2020, 12:07 AM   #11
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

just noticed the VD graph posted above was from a different GT-R running a small engine/turbos. The Purple car in the pic is a 2.7 stroker that made over 700hp on 93ron/mon 2.1 bar boost.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:07 PM   #12
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Playing around in the 647whp R34 Brewedtuned on AEM Infinity plug n play ECU package.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku6bORi1V_M
Old 08-17-2020, 06:57 PM   #13
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
I am probably going to be getting a PRP kit for my RB, Is it a pretty basic change over or is there some tuning that needs to be done?

I'll be going to spitfires for the simplicity and a PRP kit on my AEM series 2. I have the mitsu C.A.S with the trigger disk but I believe I have a slight bend in my trigger disk.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:49 PM   #14
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
I am probably going to be getting a PRP kit for my RB, Is it a pretty basic change over or is there some tuning that needs to be done?

I'll be going to spitfires for the simplicity and a PRP kit on my AEM series 2. I have the mitsu C.A.S with the trigger disk but I believe I have a slight bend in my trigger disk.
Tuning will need addressed when changing to the PRP trigger kit 100%. (you will need to have a timing light on hand for the PRP trigger kit setup and sync). Once the PRP trigger kits are installed you'll need to re sync the timing. https://brewedmotorsports.com/aem-tuner-v2-ems-ignition-timing-sync/

As for coils, there are some far better options than the spitfire stuff for similar price range. Feel free to shoot me an email and i'll gladly help you out with special pricing on what ever PRP or other parts you end up going with.
tuning @Brewedmotorsports.com (no spaces)
Old 08-18-2020, 11:10 PM   #15
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Tuning will need addressed when changing to the PRP trigger kit 100%. (you will need to have a timing light on hand for the PRP trigger kit setup and sync). Once the PRP trigger kits are installed you'll need to re sync the timing. https://brewedmotorsports.com/aem-tuner-v2-ems-ignition-timing-sync/

As for coils, there are some far better options than the spitfire stuff for similar price range. Feel free to shoot me an email and i'll gladly help you out with special pricing on what ever PRP or other parts you end up going with.
tuning @Brewedmotorsports.com (no spaces)
Is Spitfire not as good anymore? 10 years ago that was the go-to drop in for the RB. Once R35 coils came that was a game changer.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:13 AM   #16
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
Is Spitfire not as good anymore? 10 years ago that was the go-to drop in for the RB. Once R35 coils came that was a game changer.
way better off using an R35 coil conversion or even honda K series(even cheaper BUT not as hot a spark as the R35 coils.)
We basically only use R35 coil conversions on all our customer RB builds.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:06 AM   #17
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I_Uyh8Ed4I
Old 01-10-2021, 01:22 AM   #18
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luqz0Tn0kLo
Old 05-05-2022, 08:01 PM   #19
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKeArLwCiQc
Old 12-29-2022, 07:52 PM   #20
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Update, I just got back from Korea (another tuning trip) and the Purple R34 is now running an RB30 I just re tuned on the R34 AEM Infinity ECU package. Grey R34 (i tuned on HKS fcon 4 years ago) Also upgraded the the AEM Infinity ECU package as well as a AEM CD7 dash and dual channel wideband knock sensors with COAX shielded harness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMXAtUAthWo?
Old 12-30-2022, 05:36 AM   #21
splitfire
Leaky Injector

splitfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Video unavailable(
splitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 06:59 PM   #22
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitfire View Post
Video unavailable(
Ah no which video is not available for you? Happy to try and fix the issue.
All the vids seem to be working when i view the page (PC/chrome).
Old 01-03-2023, 08:04 AM   #23
splitfire
Leaky Injector

splitfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ah no which video is not available for you? Happy to try and fix the issue.
All the vids seem to be working when i view the page (PC/chrome).

splitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 04:28 PM   #24
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
video works fine for me.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 04:54 AM   #25
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Quick video of the latest rb30 build this R34 gtr is now running.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:55 AM   #26
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3RQxaKs6k?si=8h0nvpbgDzOH1e84
Old 02-10-2024, 02:27 AM   #27
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
just noticed the VD graph posted above was from a different GT-R running a small engine/turbos. The Purple car in the pic is a 2.7 stroker that made over 700hp on 93ron/mon 2.1 bar boost.