Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2022, 02:13 PM   #181
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by adictd2b00st View Post
Good discussion fellas. I owned my fair share of s-chassis cars back in 2001-2010. I sold my last one at that time to some 16 yr old kid who immediately started telling me about all his plans to turn it into a drift car, which made me hesitant to sell, but I did anyways. About a month later I learned that he crashed it and was a total loss. Sad!

Fast forward to 201?8? I really got the itch to get another s14 and finding a clean example seemed to be getting pretty tough. I?d been away from Zilvia and the ?game? for quite some time but after about a year of searching (and countless let downs) I did acquire what I was looking for and for a reasonable price

Having kids of my own, everything always takes a lot longer, but I?ve been slowly trying to make a copy of that previous car that got wrecked. Some day I will get there! Parts are certainly a lot harder to come by than they used to be (you could literally find ANYTHING in the classifieds back then!) but it just adds to the effect of owning an s14 these days. When people do see it, it usually sparks quite a lot of conversation!

Just glad to see this place up and running again
I remember the old days when the for sale section would have literal pages of posts daily.

I bought my wing, my jdm rear bumper, my s15 diff, my z32 brakes, my sway bars my jdm kouki lights, two sets of folding mirrors all from Zilvians.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2022, 06:01 PM   #182
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Jeez, if I try to think of all the parts I've gotten off this site...

I feel like bringing some candor, without being rude to people, to zilvia can only improve it. I do have a strong emotional connection to these cars and to the people I've met along the way, and have no problems sharing that. We don't see many posters in their 20's anymore, so lets all just be frank on what we are, and what zilvia is. I'm not going to go hangout online on facebook. I don't own a smart phone (not until verizon makes me..) and other forms of social media don't really interest me.

PS - Still working on the sticker idea guys. Some things showed up in the mail today, so some decisions will have to be made.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:18 PM   #183
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i just enjoy my car for what it is... my Chicky Nuggy ive spent 12 years building, maintaining, using to build my product line, learning from/about and just all around having fun with! hell, this past Saturday night was the first time i slid it around a bit in a parking lot since the last lap or two i took at a local drift event back in 2015.

young dudes ask me "well dude... do you like drift your car?" "nope!" "well do you drag race your car?" "nope!" "do you at least track it on road course?" "nope!" "well, what do you do with your car then?!" "i just drive it and enjoy it" "well thats fucking boring" "no, im not 22 anymore and i just enjoy the sheer satisfaction i get out of building my car and driving her around! best S13 ive ever built in the 20 years of building em"... then come the blank stares of brains not being able to process what i just said.

we old... no fucks given. the days of it being cool to beat your car up or take poor care of it are long over! the 240sx is now 100% a classic car and frankly, im glad ive kept mine for so long and have built something i am very proud of! every time i drive her around, i am sainely thankful for how easy she is to cruise in, how reliable she is (10000x more so than my daily driven Protege5) and all of the time, money, blood, sweat and tears ive put into my Chicky Nuggy has been worht it. more than i can say about ANY woman ive ever dated in my life

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:59 PM   #184
adictd2b00st
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
adictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to beholdadictd2b00st is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adictd2b00st
You guys are right, we are old !
adictd2b00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:05 AM   #185
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I own and build my cars such that I can reliably drive the hell out of them, however even when I was young I never had the reckless gene that some do. The expectation to me is that I put in the work into my car to be able to drive it all day and then drive it home looking the same as it did that morning (other than some more rubber boogers) and I expect events to be run accordingly (safely).

I can't get with the "rubbin's racin" mindset for events geared at amateurs in street cars. I look at photos of the early Club4AG drift days from 20 years ago and everyone's there in their shiny clean dailys, no missing bumpers, no bash bars.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:59 PM   #186
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
young dudes ask me "well dude... do you like drift your car?" "nope!" "well do you drag race your car?" "nope!" "do you at least track it on road course?" "nope!" "well, what do you do with your car then?!" "i just drive it and enjoy it"
the older I get and the more everything (not just these cars) goes up in price the more I begin to fall into this category. don't get me wrong I love drifting and the style and everything, but its just not financially worth it minus fucking around in an empty warehouse with a few friends.
akadriver hinted at it but the BRO3 dudes are a huge turn off for me. I've seen too many of those dudes go behind good peoples backs to run events and fail to get anywhere near the same turnout.

that said. I love gatekeeping. within reason. I view it the same as I do heavy music (ie. hardcore) this is absolutely for anyone, but not for everyone. kids use whatever they can as a means for clout or a reason to belong for a few years then bounce. just another phase for them. not saying everyone is like this but everyone here has seen it a lot and its a huge bummer. those kinds of kids I don't want anywhere near me.

edit-also down for stickers. might be asking too much but a smaller size and a normal size would be very dope.

Last edited by xschylerx; 04-20-2022 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: stickies
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:11 AM   #187
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
As far as the design of the stickers go, I'm thinking a tradition one for those who want to rock the regular logo, and then maybe taking some artistic freedom with other designs to bring something different to the table.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:51 PM   #188
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
I know I'm certainly nowhere near being a well known screen-name around here, but hadn't realized it's been 10 years to the month since my joining. I've spent probably more hours than I care to admit scouring over every little technical thread, build threads, DIW threads. Reading through this one I find myself feeling happy on my decision to keep my S13, and think you guys expressed what I wasn't able to easily put into words to my wife. The car is no longer a fun toy to beat the hell out of, but more of a way to preserve that times that I grew up in. Obviously, it will never be the same, as the days of destroying your front end at a drift event and being able to have new bumper and fenders from the scrap yards the next day are long gone. I've grown from the "aint care, drift car" attitude to wanting to preserve what's left for the next generation. Glad to see this place is back for the time being.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:56 PM   #189
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Just another guy that’s been here for 19 years last month. Don’t know what I would have done without this place. Still have my s14. She’s a survivor. As in she survived me, in my 20s. Drifting especially. These days she’s retired, I put an interior back in it to make it more comfortable and now just bring it out every once in a while for shows with the family and to enjoy the driving experience. They certainly dont make them like this anymore. Everybody always freaks out when the see the car and always strikes up a convo about the unique setup. I think it’s funny now. Have my own kids now so I really want to in part this hobby to my little boy. No plans to ever sell her. I dont post much anymore but i frequent this site often to see whats going on in the S-world.

https://imgur.com/a/eQueI3y
Old 04-26-2022, 02:47 PM   #190
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
love it bro!
Old 04-26-2022, 02:51 PM   #191
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
Just another guy that?s been here for 19 years last month. Don?t know what I would have done without this place. Still have my s14. She?s a survivor. As in she survived me, in my 20s. Drifting especially. These days she?s retired, I put an interior back in it to make it more comfortable and now just bring it out every once in a while for shows with the family and to enjoy the driving experience. They certainly dont make them like this anymore. Everybody always freaks out when the see the car and always strikes up a convo about the unique setup. I think it?s funny now. Have my own kids now so I really want to in part this hobby to my little boy. No plans to ever sell her. I dont post much anymore but i frequent this site often to see whats going on in the S-world.

https://imgur.com/a/eQueI3y

Clean looking car.
It is interesting how much attention S14's get now. Used to be oh just another s-chassis, now its almost a unicorn car.

sidenote: I wish they made those wheels without a step lip.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:40 PM   #192
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Good to know I'm not the only old guy driving around in my shitbox feeling all nostalgic.
Story time: I remember watching the old Option D1 Videos on DVD and I always wanted a rad S13. My parents ended up buying me a red 1989 240x hatchback for around $3500 in 2002. Riced it out and did all sorts of stupid shit to it.

Ended up getting hit in the rear quarter and insurance totaled it out for $3400 or something. Bought it back from insurance for $700 and drove it around for a while longer. I sold it to a friend around 2006 for $1000. Still ran fine and he drove it for a few years, until getting t-boned and he ended up getting paid out $3000 from insurance. I think one of the doors from that car is still out in the wild.

That allowed me to rebuild my 1987 RX-7 TII, Tein d-spec coilovers, cusco strut bars, rebuilt 13bt with hybrid turbo, 720cc RC inj, Rtek ecu, full racing beat 3" to duals, etc. I totally regret selling that one, kind of needed the money but not really, but with a new kid I didn't have a lot of time for it. Ended up selling it in 2013 for $3300 bucks. Uhg.

But in 2017, one $500 SR20DET, and a $1500 S13 shell, I ended up with the car I always wanted as a 20 something.. Yea, I'm a bit older, but it makes me smile and I feel like a kid when I drive it. I enjoy it because it's not super clean, it's got shitty paint, some dents, but, it's light, nimble, it's got good power, and I'm not afraid to beat on it. Working on it gives me some time to step away from work/family/life and any other bullshit and clear my head a bit. As I continue to get older, I hope to keep fixing the small things and cleaning it up, but I'm going to keep it and drive it. I've had one guy beg me to sell it. I will not. A friend asked what I would take for it, "It's not for sale."

Here's the story of the $500 SR20DET.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:09 AM   #193
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
OH damn Zilvia is back, haha hi guyz.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:51 PM   #194
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
OH damn Zilvia is back, haha hi guyz.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:01 AM   #195
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Posts like this I wish I could still ?like?.

Glad to see most of the older crew I remember so vibrantly are still here. I?m here too, sometimes. I?m trying to get my S14 back on the road for more burn outs and hot laps at the local drag strip when I?m not cruising in it.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:04 AM   #196
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Zilvia seems to be coming back up. Mystery abounds as to why.

I did see the main owner/admin active (please don't pester him), which I hadn't seen in years. (WOOT!, Welcome back, man! Check your PMs!).

I made a fresh backup of the database, so hopefully it's a.) complete and 2.) there should we need to restore this data in case of future failure.

That's it for now. I still haven't heard from the owner despite my best efforts (short of stopping by his home or workplace). I'm still 100% dedicated to keeping Zilvia alive and hopefully get it more active again.

I still have 240s and now a Z32 300ZX. Yesterday marked the 20th anniversary of my joining Zilvia, and I'd love to spend the next 20 years guiding it to becoming the premier information source and marketplace for S- and Z-chassis enthusiasts.

In this regard I've been pledged help by dozens of folks (THERE ARE LITERALLY DOZENS OF US) willing to provide time, expertise, cash, hosting, tech support and moderation services. To all those folks, just know that the dream is still alive (and I'm hopeful despite my current situational ignorance).

Thanks for your continued love for Zilvia, guys.

-Kevin
It because the OG are all coming back like myself. It was great to see Obeewon Irax names popping up as well.

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:59 AM   #197
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
I'll be hitting 20 years as a Zilvian next year. Hoping to get back into another S13 by then. Fuck how prices have gone up for these cars haha.

Current project is an NA miata with a 1.8 motor swap, coilovers, RPF1's w/ sticky tires, 4.1 diff, stage2 clutch with lightweight flywheel and good god it's a go kart. The simplicity and performance efficiency of the car makes it such a fun machine to blast through corners with. Huge contrast coming from a 2750lb 275hp S13, but it's just a different kind of beast to get used to.

I'll most likely bank on selling the above for another S-chassis in the near future! There's something about hearing a turbo spool up on a 3rd gear pull in a 90s hatchback that I'll never not miss.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:42 PM   #198
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Just scrolled through this...so many good people still here. Makes me happy. This is so much better than FB car Groups, which is really why I think we are all here again.

The supercharged 240 has been long gone but I got back into another S13 Fastback with an SR and am pretty sure I'll be posting a Build Thread here documenting the entire process. Any ideas would be great. I'm thinking about gearing it towards a theme of what these little cars have gone through without proper ownership and how to bring them back.
This ones rough to say the least but I couldnt be happier to have a S13 again...and with these prices lol.

WASTED I AM!
Old 05-05-2022, 06:15 PM   #199
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

I bought my wing, my jdm rear bumper, my s15 diff, my z32 brakes, my sway bars my jdm kouki lights, two sets of folding mirrors all from Zilvians.
Amen to that! I'd say 90% of my 240R was built from Zilvians parts.

WASTED I AM!
Old 05-05-2022, 07:00 PM   #200
burnsauto
Post Whore!

...I'm so happy I never sold my cars. lol. yeah sure, my black one has sat for almost 10 years, but I'm not giving up. It's weird, it's like a time capsule now. It's covered in paw prints of a cat that died almost 9 years ago. I fuckin loved that cat. I'll be holding back tears when I wash it.

It's age can be shown in it's stickers...

Original Pink Godzira, Sexy Pants, and a Shiftlock.net sticker..
Old 05-05-2022, 08:27 PM   #201
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Selling my first S13 is the dumbest car transaction I ever did. There was nothing wrong with it. Mind you this was 2004. I won't count wrecking the second one but that was also extremely dumb. But buying my current one for $1600 in 2017 was the smartest.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:28 AM   #202
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
...I'm so happy I never sold my cars. lol. yeah sure, my black one has sat for almost 10 years, but I'm not giving up. It's weird, it's like a time capsule now. It's covered in paw prints of a cat that died almost 9 years ago. I fuckin loved that cat. I'll be holding back tears when I wash it.

It's age can be shown in it's stickers...

Original Pink Godzira, Sexy Pants, and a Shiftlock.net sticker..
If I were you, I'd try to get photos of those paw prints and get them made into stickers or something. Or see if you can lift those prints onto some kind of template. That's some shit I wouldn't want to just clean off.

I'm in the same boat, never sold any of my cars. No intention of ever selling them. I never put myself in a bad financial spot to where I'd ever need to sell them. Now it's just a matter of time passing me by and actually wanting to do what I want to do.

It finally hit me that I won't ever get to paint my cars at my current residence. So I may just bite the bullet and throw my project car (that's also been sitting for 10 years) back together to drive it on the street. When I finally buy a house, I'll just have to disassemble it again and do what I want.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:33 AM   #203
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
If I were you, I'd try to get photos of those paw prints and get them made into stickers or something. Or see if you can lift those prints onto some kind of template. That's some shit I wouldn't want to just clean off.

I'm in the same boat, never sold any of my cars. No intention of ever selling them. I never put myself in a bad financial spot to where I'd ever need to sell them. Now it's just a matter of time passing me by and actually wanting to do what I want to do.

It finally hit me that I won't ever get to paint my cars at my current residence. So I may just bite the bullet and throw my project car (that's also been sitting for 10 years) back together to drive it on the street. When I finally buy a house, I'll just have to disassemble it again and do what I want.
Speaking from experience, get the car together and enjoy it as is. He?ll have it wrapped so it looks presentable and then do what you want when home ownership sets in. I can also tell you, Jone ownership demands time too, so doing what you want will take longer.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:48 AM   #204
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I'm glad I moved. There was this one asshole that kept coming to my door begging me to sell him my car. The house was on a main road and visible to a ton of people just doing their daily thing.
Even after telling said asshole that I will never sell.
I put the car back together (new wheels/tires, new steering wheel, put in non-brown seats) and have it road ready, save for a brake caliper I need to replace, sold that house and stored the car in my cousin's garage. I plan to finish clearing my own garage tomorrow so I can bring the car home within the next couple of weeks, where I will replace that caliper and install my stereo shit back in it, then take her about where I will be badgered to sell at every other stoplight.

I got my first steering wheel, my first two sets of wheels, suspension, mirrors, taillights and 5-lug setup all from Zilvia people.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:12 AM   #205
AKADriver
Post Whore!

That was once a month when I lived in an apartment. Randos a little too aggressively getting on me to sell my cars to them. And again that was 15 years ago... I guess back then it was "hey maybe this nerd will sell me his 'old car' for cheap"
Old 05-06-2022, 08:14 AM   #206
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
That was once a month when I lived in an apartment. Randos a little too aggressively getting on me to sell my cars to them. And again that was 15 years ago... I guess back then it was "hey maybe this nerd will sell me his 'old car' for cheap"
Man, that shit continued until last summer when I finally decided to get mean about it.
I moved the car to my cousin's in August when my house went under contract and I was packing up to move. I am outside cutting grass one day and ANOTHER asshole stops and yells "Aww man, you SOLD it!? You shoulda told ME!" I shook my head and pointed to my agent's sign in the yard.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #207
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Man, that shit continued until last summer when I finally decided to get mean about it.
I moved the car to my cousin's in August when my house went under contract and I was packing up to move. I am outside cutting grass one day and ANOTHER asshole stops and yells "Aww man, you SOLD it!? You shoulda told ME!" I shook my head and pointed to my agent's sign in the yard.
I think this is one thing I?m paranoid about when my car is finally back together. Dude?s wanting to own the car, finding where I live and attempting to own it by other means. I?ll be adding some tricks to the ignition sequence as to deter thieves. The nice thing is, it?ll be locked up in a garage too when it is at my house.

That won?t prevent someone from trying to steal it when I?m out with it though. It?s almost like o can?t even enjoy going to shows with it because I?ll have to post up by it the entire time. My buddy had someone try to steal his Supra one evening when he was driving it. They forced him off to the shoulder and pulled a gun. Needless to say, he left in a cloud of smoke.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:04 AM   #208
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Some of you make me happy to live in a "small(er)" town and out of the city. Although, whenever the house market seems a bit better and I actually buy a house (fuck you covid) that may change slightly. Most times at red lights and shit I make sure my music is real loud so people won't talk to me. I did 8,000 miles on my 240 last year, and 11,000 the year before. So, I still drive it a lot. Hell, I drove it to work this morning.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:05 PM   #209
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Randos a little too aggressively getting on me to sell my cars to them.
This shit drives me crazy. Demanding someone sell you something isn't the way to get them to sell it. And it's not like they'd be willing to pay what you'd want for it anyway. I think people just have such a strong sense of entitlement these days that they feel like they deserve to be sold things... and for a good price no less.

I've been working on my hoarding for over a decade. I'm not gonna sell off my collection to some random fuckboy that'll turn around and resell shit at a premium after drifting ceases to be the "in" thing.
Old 05-06-2022, 05:07 PM   #210
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just scrolled through this post and it caught me off guard to see the ages. 30? 33!? 42!!? Then I remembered I just turned 34 and I'm no longer a 17 year old dreaming about buying expensive wheels for my tin can race car. (Now I'm an ADULT doing the same thing)

Good to see all you guys still posting!